Avocados are, by far, my favorite food; In fact, I try to eat at least one avocado every day. Creamy green fruit can go with almost anything. Add half an avocado shake my morning and the other half of my salad at dinner … and if I have a craving for nachos, I love making homemade guacamole!
Like most people, I used to take the avocado seed in the garbage.But is avocado seeds are not only healthy, but even they have been used in traditional medicine for centuries.
Is it safe to eat avocado seeds?
“Wait a minute,” some may say. “Are not toxic fruit seeds?” Well, from fruit seeds, cherries, plums and apricots contain cyanide toxic chemicals, and large amounts of these seeds can result in vomiting, dizziness, and even death. But that’s is not the case with avocado seed .
avocado seeds contain tannins, which are slightly toxic; however, you would have to consume several before you notice any negative health effects. In a study published in 2013 World Scientific Journal , the researchers concluded that the avocado seed extract was safe and showed no toxicity.
5 Benefits for healthy eating avocado seeds
know avocados are full of folic acid, vitamin B and healthy fats. But avocado seeds are rich in nutrients as well. Avocado seed is a source of bioactive phytochemicals beneficial.
contains fatty acids, triterpenes, phytosterols, and abscisic acid glucosides. The avocado seed also contains 70% of avocado antioxidant content. Antioxidants phytochemicals include avocado seeds proanthocyanidins and flavonoids. The avocado seed is also considered one of the best sources of soluble fiber.
What are the benefits of eating avocado seeds?
They contain antifungals, antibiotics, antimicrobials, insecticides, larvicides, amebicidal, giardicidal, lipid-lowering and antihypertensive properties. Eating avocado seeds also have other valuable health benefits.
1. Help fight cancer
The avocado seed contains antitumor properties , especially potent antioxidants called flavonoids. In a 2013 study published in the journal Pharmaceutical Biology , researchers at the University of Antioquia in Medellin, Colombia found that the extract of avocado fruit and seeds caused leukemia cells self-destruct.
In a more recent study, published in the peer-reviewed journal Cancer Research , researchers discovered that a compound found in the extract of avocado seed called avocatin B was effective against acute myeloid leukemia cells. In total, the study researchers tested 800 natural health products against cells of human acute myeloid leukemia.
2. Benefits patients with heart disease
In a 2012 study published in the journal Plant foods for human nutrition avocado seed meal lowers cholesterol Total and LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol levels in mice. The researchers also suggest that avocado seeds may offer protection against the formation of arterial plaque.
Dietary fiber is found in avocado seeds is linked to lower cholesterol. The fiber will bind cholesterol in the intestinal tract and prevent absorbed. Other research shows that avocado seeds can help improve high cholesterol and hypertension. It can also help fight inflammation and diabetes.
3. digestive benefits
Eating avocado seeds can also aid digestion. South Americans once used avocado seeds for the treatment of gastric ulcers, severe diarrhea (dysentery), acute diarrhea and other digestive problems. Antioxidants and fiber found in the seeds of avocado are beneficial for digestion.
4. Strengthens the immune system
A strong immune system is a great way to prevent the disease. avocado seeds and peels contain higher levels of antioxidants, including procyanidins and catechins. They have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce stiffness, swelling, joint pain, and diseases. Anti-inflammatory effects also help strengthen the immune system and prevent colds and flu.
In an in vitro, published in the journal Journal of the Brazilian Society of Tropical Medicine study in 2009, researchers found that the antifungal and antibiotic effects of extract of avocado seed could inhibit harmful pathogens such as candida along with other fungi. Candida yeast infections and are associated with a weakened immune system.
5. Helps reduce wrinkles
The evidence shows that the avocado seed oil can increase collagen in the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles. avocado seed oil is also used to treat acne outbreaks.
Removing the avocado seed
to safely remove the seed Avocado Avocado:
- Cut the avocado in a cut around the well in order cleanly remove the seed.
- Insert the knife in the mouth, gently twist and pull.
- Finally, remove the avocado seed knife.
- Briefly avocado seed in a plastic bag and then crush with a hammer (or a blunt object).
- Combine the crushed seed with its smoothies favorite ingredients such as dates, a banana, and dark green leafy vegetables like spinach. If you have a high-powered blender, you may not have to break the first seed, but you need to add water.
Recipe for the perfect avocado seed Green Smoothie Goodness
- 1/2 avocado seed
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup almond milk or water
- 1 ripe pear
- 1/2 block
- 1 cup organic
- 1 small piece of ginger (grated)
- Crush the seeds, mix all ingredients until smooth, and enjoy your bone goddess green avocado smoothie!
Want another green smoothie recipe? You’re in luck, this new recipe also contains flaxseed and red leaf lettuce
- 1/2 avocado seed
- 2 1/2 cups water or almond milk
- 1 ripe pear
- 1/2 to 3/4 of a ripe mango
- 3 tablespoons of flaxseed ground
- 3/4 of a head of red leaf lettuce
- sure to crush the bone avocado and mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
Other uses for avocado seed
Besides adding nutrition to your shake, avocado seed has a plethora of other uses. Here are some of my favorites:
- Guacamole protector :. Keep your guacamole spoil in the refrigerator by placing seed avocado sauce
- mask homemade: The avocado seed can also make a great exfoliating facial mask. All you need to do is dry the seeds, grind them and add them to a recipe for homemade mask.
- tea avocado seed: The avocado seed makes a great tea. Simply boil the seed for about 30 minutes.
- Grow a plant avocado: can also grow an avocado seed in a houseplant decorative
- natural food additive. Believed the antioxidant phytochemicals for avocado seeds healthy food additive. In a 2011 study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry , the researchers concluded that the antimicrobial and antioxidant effects of avocado seeds can help prevent deterioration foods.