Acid reflux is an intestinal problem that is caused by the failure of the lower esophageal sphincter ( LES) when contract after swallowing the food it gets. This can cause stomach acid to regurgitate into the esophagus, creating a lot of discomfort and a burning sensation behind the breastbone. This condition can cause heartburn, nausea, chest pain, difficulty swallowing, etc.
Yogurt is a natural food that is widely used to relieve the symptoms of heartburn or acid reflux. It has a calming effect that heals irritation, pain or discomfort caused by acid reflux.
is yogurt good for acid reflux?
Yogurt can help cure acid reflux due to the following properties:
- Is the food fresh, smooth and alkaline that has a calming effect on the esophagus.
- contains probiotics, a form of beneficial bacteria found in the digestive tract. This also helps boost the immune system for overall health.
- Used for proper absorption of proteins and nutrients by the body.
- is a source of protein that is very useful in preventing acid reflux as properly digest food.
- is a good source of calcium, which helps strengthen the muscles of the lower esophagus.
- reduces inflammation, the formation of gas in the intestine, improves bowel movement and also reduces pain and discomfort.
How to use yogurt to treat acid reflux:
1. Yogurt with ginger
ginger with digestive juices and anti – inflammatory helps better digestion and heals irritation and inflammation in the esophagus by absorbing stomach acids and helps in proper digestion. Yogurt when mixed with ginger absorbs the necessary nutrients from food proteins.
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- fresh ginger root
- piece of fresh ginger Wash and peel the skin.
- scratch or cut into small pieces and mix in 1 cup of yogurt.
- Consume this regularly to prevent acid reflux.
- Consume 1 cup low-fat, plain yogurt.
- regularize the habit of taking this yogurt at least once or twice a day.
3. Yogurt and fruit shakes
yogurt and fruit smoothie is a quick, easy and effective way to get all the necessary nutrients from fruits and yogurt for good digestive health. That they are easily digested without causing heartburn or acid reflux, and good taste.
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Banana – 1
- – 1/2 cup strawberries
- Pineapples – 1/4 cup
- Mango – 1/4 cup
- Peach – 1
- white sugar or honey – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Milk – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- peel the skin of the banana, mango, pineapple and cut fruits into pieces.
- Place these fruits and yogurt in blender and blend until smooth.
- add honey or white sugar and mix well.
- ice or frozen fruits can be added to ice cream shake.
- drinking this regularly.
4. Yogurt in cereals and fruits
Consuming yogurt with cereal and other fruits provides all the essential nutrients that are required by the body. Having this in the morning to start your body during the day.
- Low fat Greek yogurt – 1 cup
- bran flakes or high fiber cereal – 1 cup
- Fruits – 2/3 cup
- Honey – 1 teaspoon 2
- fast food containers or serving plate
- Cut up fresh fruit such as kiwi, nectarines, plums, blackberries, etc.
- Divide bran flakes or scales from 2, 1 ½ cup serving dishes.
- Add yogurt along cereals then add the fruit.
- Drizzle with honey and consume in the morning regularly.
5. Yogurt with strawberries and pistachios
Yogurt is an alkaline food that helps prevent acid reflux and strawberries are low in acid (lower acid content) also facilitates acid reflux and heartburn. pistachio nuts as also used in the treatment of acid reflux. Follow this combinational process to get rid of acid reflux.
- Yogurt – 1 large bowl (or 16 ounces)
- fresh strawberries – 1 lbs
- Honey – 2 to 3 teaspoons
- roasted unsalted pistachios – 1/4 cup
- Chop strawberries and pistachios into fine pieces.
- stir in yogurt and strawberries and drizzle with honey.
- sprinkle with chopped pistachios and consume.
- Repeat once or twice a week.
6. Yogurt with Honey
- yogurt (low-fat, plain ) – 1 cup
- honey – 1 tablespoon
- mix low-fat, plain yogurt and honey.
- Consume this as soon as symptoms of acid reflux occur.
7. yogurt with flaxseed
Flaxseed is rich in fiber, which allows food that is easily digested and neutralizes the acid level in the intestine.
- Mix 1 cup of yogurt and 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed.
- consume to get a calming effect on the stomach.
- Regular consumption will help with this problem.
8. Yogurt with lemon juice and ginger
This combination of yogurt with ginger and herbs lemon juice helps reduce reflux acid symptoms effectively.
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- ginger (grated ) – 1 teaspoon
- Mix yogurt, fresh lemon juice and ground ginger.
- Eat this mixture regularly.
- . Note: use low-fat Greek yogurt to completely eliminate the outflow of
Greek yogurt for acid reflux:
Greek yogurt contains less lactose containing liquid regular yogurt. It is low in fat and can be used in the kitchen, however, make sure that you do not eat too much or it can worsen the problem. Read here how Greek yogurt to treat acid reflux.
1. Greek Yogurt
- Consume 1 cup thick Greek regularly on your own, or use in your kitchen.
2. Greek yogurt parfait with granola raspberries
- Low fat Greek yogurt – 6 cups
- granola – 5 cups
- candied ginger – 2 tablespoons
- Raspberries – 1 ½ cups
- dried cherries – 1 cup
- Wide resealable bag
- finely chop the Pique candied ginger and dried cherries.
- mix these with granola.
- Pour the yogurt in a large bag resealed-power and trim the end.
- Pipe a thick layer of yogurt 1 inch at the bottom of four quarters little dish which is 7 ½ inches in diameter and 5 inches deep.
- Top with raspberries and drizzle with honey.
- Add 3 cups granola mix.
- layer again with yogurt and raspberries.
- decorate with candied ginger slices and drizzle with honey.
- When this is consumed will help with acid reflux, but only have this occasionally.
Best Yogurt for acid reflux:
to find the right yogurt, use the following information.
- should be low-fat or nonfat yogurt.
- Natural yogurt is generally free of added sugars rather than flavor.
- plain yogurt If you prefer, you can sweeten naturally with non – acidic fruits like peaches, strawberries or melon, etc.
- Use yogurt that has live and active cultures and is rich in bacteria called probiotics, it helps maintain the balance between good and bad bacteria.
yogurt for acid reflux:
Overall, yogurt is full of probiotics is good for the digestive system and intestinal tract, and the fact that the ice cream has calming effect. However, be sure not finish with sugary ingredients.
Tips and Precautions:
- Taking probiotic supplements can also get rid of acid reflux. Consume with water for more effective results.
- Acidic foods tend to erode the esophagus and which further leads to inflammation. Yogurt also comes in acidic foods, so only take the recommended amount.
- pregnant, lactating women and children can get immediate relief from heartburn by eating yogurt in limited quantities.
- For more effective results, consume 1/2 cup low-fat frozen after a meal to aid in digestion.
- People who are allergic or sensitive to dairy products should avoid yogurt remedies.
- not consume high-fat yogurt because it increases the symptoms of acid reflux.
- also avoid yogurt that has artificial sweeteners and other additives.
- These remedies can take. 4 – 7 days to show effective results
- Consult your healthcare provider if you do not get relief from acid reflux after following these remedies.
If you know any other remedy for acid reflux yogurt, do not forget to share your experience with us.