bitter gourd juice does not sound appetizing; In fact, you probably already pulling a face. But once you can overcome the aversion to bitter, bitter melon juice can be very good for health, especially if you are suffering from diabetes. Bitter gourd plant, also known as bitter melon or bitter gourd, grown in warm, humid climates in Asia, Africa and the Caribbean. The plant is known as karela in Hindi and is native to the Indian subcontinent.
Taste and Nutrition Facts
As the name suggests Hindi, bitter gourd is extremely bitter, though edible. bitter gourd is a rich source of iron, potassium, beta carotene and calcium. It also contains vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin C and folic acid and minerals like zinc, phosphorus, manganese and magnesium.
bitter gourd juice benefits and uses:
- has been used as a medicine in traditional medicine systems in Asia and Africa. It is used primarily to treat stomach problems
in folk medicine in Turkey.
- bitter gourd juice has the ability to remove toxins from the body and is beneficial in the treatment of jaundice, cholera and gout.
- boils and itching, conditions that arise due to blood disorders, can be alleviated with regular consumption of karela juice.
- You can also treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm and athlete’s foot. It is treating psoriasis.
- The consumption of bitter gourd juice enhances immunity and helps in respiratory illnesses such as bronchitis, pharyngitis and
- can also reduce the harmful effects of a hangover.
- Due to its content of beta-carotene, bitter gourd benefits include improving vision and treating eye problems.
- The daily consumption of bitter gourd juice improves stamina and is useful in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
bitter gourd juice in the Diabetes Control
juice bitter gourd helps control levels of blood sugar after meals by inhibiting enzymes that break down carbohydrates. Therefore, less glucose is released into the bloodstream thus helping to control diabetes.
In Type I diabetes or insulin dependent diabetes
Problem :. The pancreas does not work effectively to produce enough insulin
Solution: bitter gourd juice has been reported to increase the secretion of insulin from the pancreas. In addition, a substance called polypeptide P, which is similar to insulin, is also found in the bitter gourd.
In type II diabetes, or insulin resistant diabetes:
Problem :. muscles, fat tissue, liver and do not react to insulin secreted by the pancreas
. Solution: The consumption of bitter gourd juice prevents or reverses insulin resistance in the body
bitter gourd The recipe juice:
Knowing the benefits bitter gourd, here is a recipe karela juice that you should include in your daily diet, especially if you are a patient of diabetes.
juice drink daily bitter gourd for Health
people suffering from diabetes should drink bitter gourd juice every day in order to maintain their levels of blood sugar under control. It’s a good idea to consult your doctor regularly while on a regimen of bitter gourd juice in case you may need diabetic reduced dose.
Satabdi, a content writer by profession, usually can be found with his nose in a book and a cup of coffee in hand. Puppies, beaches, and ice cream excites equally. Interested in all things literary, she is at her best, by putting the words on paper.