Goji berries are the fruits of Lycium barbarum. These small red berries are considered nutritionally dense fruit of nature. They have strong spicy flavor and is soft and slightly sweet sour.Though this super fruit is native to the Himalayan mountains in Tibet and Mongolia, now cultivated worldwide due to its immense popularity and high nutritional value. Chinese medical …
Goji berries are the fruits of Lycium barbarum . These small red berries are considered nutritionally dense fruit of nature. They have strong flavor and soft spicy which is slightly sweet and sour.
Despite this super fruit is native to the Himalayan mountains in Tibet and Mongolia, now cultivated worldwide due to its immense popularity and high nutritional value. Chinese doctors have been using for thousands of years.
Goji berries are rich in nutrients Store:
Today Goji berries foods are marketed as one of the best super in the world . It contains all the essential amino acids and has the highest concentration of protein, among other fruits, therefore, an ideal to meet the daily protein requirement option. It has the highest vitamin C than any other fruit in the world. Fresh berries Goji have 400 times more vitamin C than oranges and dried Goji berries are about 7 times more vitamin C. It has 21 minerals and high in fiber. They also have 15 times more iron than spinach, as well as calcium, zinc and more.
6 Super Secrets of Goji berries that make it a super food :.
Let’s explore the benefits and why you should add this super food to your diet
- Anti aging berries Goji are known as the world’s most powerful anti-aging fruit thanks to its variety of antioxidants that slow the aging of cells. In Tibet Goji berries are known as the key to eternal youth. Loaded with nutrients like beta carotene, vitamin C, cystene and many more drives your immune system and revitalize the youthful appearance and function
- Weight loss and maintenance :. Goji berries contain many properties that help you lose weight as Goji berries are low in calories and completely fat free. It is also low on the glycemic index level than many other fruits. It has a high fiber content which means more complete filling for longer and keep your blood sugar stable blood. Because of its high concentration of proteins these berries promote muscle growth. Therefore, the addition of a small amount of goji berries in your daily diet can improve your goal of weight loss or weight maintenance
- anti inflammation and glowy skin :. This amazing little super fruit also contains anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation of the skin, acne, scars, rashes and protect against skin damage. Goji berries are also rich in vitamin E, which provides fatty acids skin soft and bright that can stimulate collagen production resulting in a younger looking skin. So it is never too young or too old to eat Goji berries
- improves vision :. Lutein and zeaxanthin are two components that keep our eyes healthy and Goji berries contains both. Therefore, it is very important to our daily and modern habit, work and long hours in front of computers that can cause pain, eyestrain. So the daily consumption of Goji berries can help reduce these symptoms
- protects vital organs :. Regular consumption of Goji berries also known to maintain our healthy vital organs and is commonly used in Chinese doctors. It helps control cholesterol levels and blood pressure that keeps the heart healthy. Also these berries are used to treat diabetes . Keep the liver and kidneys healthy and help in all kinds of digestive problems such as ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome. Goji extracts can also prevent the growth of cancer cells
- Increases energy :. Goji berries are believed to increase the energy level of the body. Relieves stress, anxiety, increases stamina, and restores libido and sexual desire in both men and women. In general, it harmonizes the functions of the body, resulting in improved endurance, strength and energy. Goji berries are commonly available in dry form. Therefore it can be consumed as a snack. The recommended dose is 10-30 g. per day. that can be used in your favorite herbs base tea .
But with all these health benefits there can be very few side effects. So people with food allergies, pregnant and nursing mothers and people who are taking medications should consult a doctor before eating.
Like anything else to remember that consuming Goji berries in moderation and you can not go wrong with these tasty berries packaged food.
You May Also Like :