Autumn is my favorite time of year – I love everything that looks, feels or smells like it. That’s why I love this project; which it is easy to do and adds a lot of color to any room.
The glow of candles shining through flowers of red, orange and yellow makes a great centerpiece when placed on a table or counter. You can place a bottle in any room shine a little and create that warm glow that we all hope that when the weather starts to cool before winter.
- Glass bottles of any shape or size (used what I had around the house)
- Fall leaves hobby shop or dollar
- votive candles
- Mod Podge gloss
- jute rope
- Small brush sponge paint
1. Gather materials for easy access.
2. Carefully remove each sheet next to the stem and set aside. If you start at the base of the leaf and pull gently off easily. I bought sheets were very wrinkled, so I ironed on the back in a very quiet setting. This additional step made it much easier for the leaves lay flat to be stuck to the bottles.
3. Using the sponge brush, start adding a layer of Mod Podge to the bottle. Check the length and width of the sheet that you have chosen and make sure that you have added enough glue for him. Place the sheet on the Mod Podge and start adding a layer on top of the sheet, smoothing as you go.
4. Continue adding glue and leaves.
5. I added leaves in a random pattern. I purposely left some open spots and did not cover the whole bottle so that the votive light was able to shine through the leaves and give a better shine.
6. Continue the process until the jar is completed. It will only take a few hours to dry completely. I did not care if there were any edges that always come out and when the leaves were still glued to the jar.
7. The bottles can be displayed together or separately with other fall decorations of your choice.
– Leilani Hampton