often we underestimate the role of sleep a night of plays in our lives. Growing up, we think it is “cool” to stay up late and sleep as little as possible. But is it really?
Let’s take a good look at the importance of sleep in our lives and the ways in which we can achieve solid eight hours of sleep every day.
ways to sleep better
Sleep can be typically defined as a daily pattern to rest volunteer activities of the body by enhancing the inhibitory neurotransmitters in the body. Sleep plays many important functions and help our bodies to perform their daily activities. Some of the things they make adequate sleep for our body are the body detoxifies, relaxes muscles, rejuvenates cells and helps in their production. Good sleep can also positively affect cognition and overall performance.
In order to better understand the dream, scientists have divided into four stages-
1. NREM (non-random Eye Movement) Step 1
at this stage the muscles show reduced activity. This stage is between sleep and wakefulness, and lasts about 5-10 minutes.
2. NREM (without random eye movements) Stage 2
At this stage the body prepares to rest completely. heartbeat slows and body temperature decreases. Sleepers become difficult to wake up.
3. NREM (non-random Eye Movement) Stage 3
This is the phase of deep sleep when the body is completely relaxed. When the person wakes up from this stage he / she might feel out of place and disoriented for some time.
4. REM (random eye movement)
This is the stage that harvest all your dreams. The brain is active and the muscles are relaxed at this stage. Due to increased brain activity, dreams occur.
importance of sleep:
A good night’s sleep is necessary to recharge your body and take over tasks of the next day with full vigor and enthusiasm. But what is the dream of a good night? Uninterrupted sleep can be characterized by having no discomfort during sleep launch like- and turning in bed, waking up a glass of water or laundry, wake up due to some external stimuli (noise, etc.).
The dream of a good night is very important for your body as it refreshes your mind and keeps you alert all day. The impact of poor sleep can be very annoying during the day, like- irritability, poor concentration, feelings of stress, dizziness, nausea, headache, etc.
7-8 hours of sleep are generally considered to be sufficient to boost brain cells for the next bright day.
How is detrimental sleep deprivation?
Extensive research on sleep patterns and sleep have shown that sleep has an impact on their health, longevity and emotional well-being. Sleep needs vary with age.
It is said that children who are growing age, they tend to grow while sleeping. Therefore, it is very important for them to get a good night’s sleep for your physical and mental well-being and growth.
Lack of sleep is put into all sorts of problems. Chronic sleep deprivation can also lead to many sleep disorders and health problems.
Sleep has many benefits
- reduces stress
- Repair your body
- improves memory
- Reduces changes mood
- helps in reducing weight
- Maintain your health by reducing heart problems and diabetes.
There can be huge reasons for not getting a good sleep. sleep problems can occur at any age and can affect your long term health. There are a few health conditions / diseases that cause sleep problems sleep disorders /. This sleep disorder can lead to fatigue. Fatigue ultimately leads to decline in physical activity and other mental problems such as:
Lack of sleep and depression go hand in hand. The most common sign of depression is insomnia. With depression are feelings of sadness, hopelessness, etc., which in turn increases the levels of anxiety due to ruminate about the situations you have no control.
Stress is another reason for the lack of sleep that is very common today. Stress increases anxiety and therefore increases the action of inhibitory neurotransmitters’ are on offered by “excitatory neurotransmitters”. Therefore, it becomes a person with lack of sleep or have trouble sleeping when there is too much stress.
The pain causes discomfort to the body and disrupts your sleep pattern. Any physical pain can make it difficult for your body to relax as your body movement will be limited and constant pain can cause sleep problems. Headaches, menstrual pain, back pain are very common causes. Sends pain signals to the brain to reduce the amount of time spent in deep sleep and time.
There are several drugs that cause loss of sleep and when used, can cause a decrease in physical activity due to lack of sleep. There are medications corticosteroids such as cardiovascular drugs-alpha-and beta-blockers reuptake inhibitors, selective seretonin, ACE inhibitors, receptor blockers angiotensin II, cholinesterase inhibitors, second-generation H1 antagonists, glucosamine and statins causing sleep disorders and sleep problems.
can be many other factors that cause problems-
- BedPets animals usually are comfortable to sleep in the beds and this can disrupt your sleep. The animals have a pattern different from our dream. Therefore, you may feel very active in the middle of the night when in deep sleep and can wake up pounces on her feet.
- Asma mostly people who suffer from severe or mild asthma have difficulty breathing when lying flat. Therefore, these people face problems of sleep disorders.
- Medical conditions such as GERD can also cause sleep disorders. In sleep position, the acid runs back into the esophagus, causing a burning sensation and pain in patients suffering from GERD. This may be another reason not to have a good night’s sleep.
- may not be like- reasons huge loud noise, alcohol consumption, turn on lights, etc., not to have an uninterrupted sleep.
arthritis and sleep disorders
Arthritis is another disease for which insomnia is a symptom. It can cause discomfort to sleep, staying asleep and get a good amount of sleep. Corticosteroids are prescribed, they can make you feel awake and at the same time, analgesics cause drowsiness. This causes a lot of sleep problems in people suffering from arthritis. Also the pain caused due to this ailment can keep you awake. Arthritis can eventually lead to sleep apnea a condition in which their dream becomes erratic.
Tips for inducing sleep:
There are a lot of home remedies that induce sleep, in a natural way without the participation of medication intake. Using natural remedies for sleep disorders and some sleep tips can show ways to sleep better .
There are many home remedies for sleep disorders. Natural remedies for sleep are the best because they have minimal side effects and are very effective. There are many sleep tips that can help address their sleep problems. These sleep better ways to ensure that you feel rested and refreshed every morning.
- Do not eat heavy at night :. Avoid eating three hours before bedtime, as it allows release of the hormone melatonin induces sleep body
- Do not drink water before bedtime. It can disrupt your sleep, because it may tend to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, disrupting sleep.
- do not sleep on an empty stomach, as it may cause hunger cravings in the middle of the night.
- You can use certain things that help your sleep; like- put a pillow between your legs, which has a hot water bath before bed, changing loose, comfortable clothing before bed, putting his head in neutral position while sleeping, lights out, exercise regularly, maintain control about their consumption of beverages containing caffeine, keeping their free mattress bed bugs, put on a mask for the eyes, etc. All sleep better ways to ensure that is creating a schedule of uninterrupted sleep and sleep.Try not use drugs unless you are suffering from insomnia and unless they have been prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine As we all know, caffeine has excitatory properties that keeps you awake for a longer time. This can disrupt their sleep patterns daily. Alcohol can help move immediately, but later in the evening, when the effects of alcohol have disappeared, you tend to wake up. Alcohol alters your sleep pattern by moving directly into the deep sleep stage, losing the first stage. Once the effect has worn off the sleep cycle moves to the first stage and that’s when it’s easy to wake up.
avoid noise: Use earplugs to keep the noise out of the wakes in the middle of the night.Avoid watching TV. Lower lights, drinking hot milk / cinnamon night can induce sleep.
- Try to avoid stress as much as possible to have a good night’s sleep.
- These ways to sleep better should definitely help you get a good night’s sleep.
The dream of a good night is very important to carry out their daily activities actively and enthusiastically. Sleep plays an important role in the repair and restoration of the body’s cells. And deprivation can cause a number of physical and emotional disorders of life. But remember, insomnia is a condition characterized by a lack of sleep can be a symptom of other diseases / disorders serious, too. The use of simple home remedies for sleep is an effective and safe method for health and wellness, but be sure to seek medical help if these tips do not work.
Madhavi is a senior editor UrbanWired with deep love and passion for all things health, wellness, fitness and fashion. She is a graduate of expertise in human resources management, but fell for a healthy life. Considering how the people were not informed about personal health, fitness and fashion; she felt compelled to educate, enlighten and entertain the average Joe and Jane worldwide.
Additional Tags for this post:
how to avoid sleep in Kannada |