People often cook a variety of healthy ingredients just to wrap in a flour tortilla. Tortillas can be delicious, but they are not exactly nutritious. If you are trying to stay away from carbohydrates or gluten, this sheath style is definitely off the menu. Fortunately, there are many alternatives. An easy solution is to give up the envelope completely.
After all, who says his “wrap” but really need a coat? Full of fiber and vitamins C and E, the green pepper is an underused resource. Add a slightly sweet flavor and a crunchy texture to the mix and there is no reason to resist green pepper. This video features the sausage and brown rice, but its really peppers can be filled with whatever you like. Try this recipe and then modify to your particular taste. Enjoy!
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup brown rice
- 8 oz Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Cook the rice.
2. Slice tops off the peppers, remove the inner covers and dice pepper.
3. Dice onion and saute with lids pepper in olive oil 1 teaspoon up until soft. Remove from pan.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the pan and saute sausage until golden brown.
5. Add the onion and peppers in the pan again.
6. Stir in herbs, salt and pepper.
7. Add the Parmesan cheese and cooked rice and mix everything together.
8. Place the peppers in a greased baking dish and mix them until they are full.
9. Top with mozzarella and bake at 375 ° F for 30 minutes.
– Erin Wildermuth