are likely to be played with this “toy” at least once! in your life, because it is very popular among children, and even adults, but health officials in Australia have a warning for parents around the world :. Laser pointers are not toys
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported Thursday that a teenager Tasmania had lost 75 percent of his vision as a result of a laser pointer shining in your eyes while playing with her. As a result, optometrists are warning parents of the dangers associated with something that many consider a toy.
optometrist Ben Armitage was called by the family physician 14-year-old to investigate why the child was having trouble seeing. It soon became apparent.
The family of the teenager reported that the boy did not experience any pain after the laser was pointed in the eye, but his vision is affected immediately. His eyes burned near the macula. That means your blindness is likely to be permanent.
The worst thing is that all this was happening before the eyes of parents, who knowingly participated in its visual impairment.
In many countries, these lasers are a normal phenomenon in toy stores, but it should be noted that many of them sell lasers with a power much lower. For this child it is unfortunate, since his parents bought an extremely strong laser.