Have you ever seen your child or someone else sitting on the floor with your legs on both sides, forming the shape of the letter W? Better known as W feel, this can prove to you how flexible the child.
Although flexibility is good for muscles, the sitting position is definitely not good for you. The harmful effects sitting in this position does not appear immediately, but simply feel this way can provide long-term complications and changes in your child. It’s time to let your child that feel this way. Here are compelling reasons:
1. Restricted hip motion: Because there is too much stress on the knees and hips, knees and hips for a short period of time can be adapted to abnormal force this sitting. Over time, the external rotation of the hips will be limited, it is difficult for a child to sit with your feet in front of the body.
2. The tibial torsion: seat W also has an impact on the harmonization of the thigh and leg. Unfortunately, the child’s leg will turn outward, and then hardens during the time when the position becomes a habit. lower legs and then used for excessive lateral rotation, often called the tibial torsion.
3. Muscle tension: This contraction sit on the edge of the hips and means that the child has difficulty balancing the use of one leg
4. The orthopedic concerns: This type of sitting posture can predispose a child to develop the hip movement
5. neurological or developmental Raids: Often, children who are sitting in this position also have trouble walking and standing, causing delays, regardless of age. W seats can prevent your child has a hand preference, because there is no trunk rotation.
break the habit
undoubtedly you have a lot of time and patience. In addition, your child will need physical and verbal guidance, but all these efforts will pay off in the end. Every time you see your child sitting in this position, to help them out of it. Teach them the lotus position or let sit in a chair.
remind them to sit up straight whenever you are in a chair or even on the table. It also helps if you let your child move. Keep them active all the time by stretching, playing and running you can break that W sleep habits.