After examining about acne and some of the common causes of acne in our previous articles, now let acne medically classified into five main types.
type Acne – More Common
• The first and most common form is acne vulgaris. This is an eruption, mostly in the face, chest and upper back, composed mainly of comedones, papules, pustules on an inflammatory base. Most people develop this condition during puberty and adolescence.
This is caused due to androgen stimulation of sebum secretion, obstruction with follicles keratinization associated with overextending acnes. This type of acne, if not treated properly can cause scarring, which can be very difficult to treat.
In severe cases, the person may develop nodules and cysts even that they are filled with pus. Acne vulgaris is also known as acne vulgaris or simply acne. In most cases, Differin is prescribed by the physician.
• The second form of acne is known as acne rosacea . This is also known as erythematous acne. The affected person may suffer acne rosacea with adjacent portions of chronic vascular dilation follicular cheeks and nose and.
This can range from mild to persistent erythema extensive hyperplasia of the sebaceous glands. This is mainly seen in men as rhinophyma or brandy nose and deep papules and pustules.
This may be accompanied by telangiectasia at the affected erythematous site. This type of acne requires specialized treatment and care. Azelaic acid is most commonly used drug for acne rosacea.
• The third form of acne conglobata is acne fulminans. This condition is mostly found in adolescent males in severe suffering from acne scars, which may be associated with fever, ulcerative lesions, weight loss, anemia and polyarthralgia.
Accutane is the most prescribed drug for this condition, which is very effective in stopping acne outbreaks. This, however, is not usually prescribed and used as a last resort because of significant side effects it may cause.
• the fourth form of acne is acne conglobata. This is the severe cystic acne, characterized by cystic lesions, sinus communicate, nodular abscesses and thick scars usually sparing the face. However, it is more serious, because it can leave behind huge scars because of interconnected unlike other forms of acne lesions.
• The fifth type of acne is pyoderma faciale, which is often seen in women 18 to 35 years. This form of acne is severe, since it involves the presence of sores and pustules, nodules, which eventually leads to scarring.
If properly treated, this condition rarely repeated. It is, therefore, important that this is treated at an early stage.
Types of Acne – Other types of acne
the above are the five main types of acne. However, there are other types of acne that is not very widespread and do not occur more often. Let’s go through them very briefly.
• medicated acne – acne These are caused or exacerbated by drugs such as antiepileptics, halogens drugs, steroids and tuberculostáticos [
• albida Acne -. Caused by small keratin cyst subepidermal, usually multiple
• artificialis acne – acne caused by external irritants such as tar or administered internally, such as iodides or bromides drugs .
• bromide acne -. follicular rash on the face, extremities and trunk caused by bromide ingestion
• cachecticorum acne -. Acne occurs in people with a debilitating disease characterized by large, soft, ulcer, purulent, cystic and healed lesions
• ciliaris acne – These are papules and follicular pustules found in the free edges of the eyelids
• acne cosmetica -. These are low grade lesions noninflammatory acne caused by repeated application of cosmetics contain comedogenic agents
• decalvans acne. – a papular or pustular inflammation of the hair follicles of the scalp that is mostly seen in men, resulting in loss . hair and scarring
• acne ointment – This acne is commonly found in temples and forehead black men caused due to prolonged and repetitive application of creams hair .
I’m sure this article has shed light on different types of acne and I am sure that this information will help you diagnose exactly the type of acne you are already suffering in turn helps in the proper treatment of it.