What to do when a headache is installed?
Chances are, you probably do the same thing when you experience pain or a toothache back :. Take an ibuprofen
As we have grown increasingly dependent on drugs, we have also prioritized more symptoms of the disease. Instead of getting more sleep and rehydration to treat the cause of a headache, you can simply take a pill that will relieve your symptoms. Like any other quick fix, taking ibuprofen only make your headache pill back as soon disappears.
Ibuprofen is widely used today, but doctors warn that regular use of ibuprofen and other drugs takes a toll on the liver and heart.
Better safe than sorry
Ibuprofen works by blocking the formation of prostaglandins, prostacyclin and thromboxane products, which are important mediators of inflammation and pain ( 1 ).
Since the drug is metabolized in the liver, which affects more strongly to this organ, causing injury, liver failure or disease (jaundice) over time ( 2 ). The FDA has also warned against the use of these drugs since 2005, as it increases the risk of heart attack ( 3 ).
The organization has stressed since the warning with the following information ( 4 ):
- Heart attacks and increased risk of stroke even with the short-term use, and the risk may begin within a few weeks to start taking an NSAID.
- The risk increases with higher doses of NSAIDs taken for longer periods of time.
- The risk is higher for people who already have heart disease, but even people without heart disease may be at risk.
Ibuprofen and other NSAIDs can also raise blood pressure and cause heart failure, even with short-term use. This can be life-threatening for people over 40, who have a much higher risk than younger adults heart disease ( 5 ).
Because it takes a while to feel the destructive effects of NSAIDs, most people just ignore these warnings and underestimate the danger of these drugs. Instead, they continue to rely on pills for everyday aches and pains.
The natural alternative
Turmeric is not only a spice, is a Medicine .
In some cases, it works better than drugs to combat health problems such as fatty liver disease, arthritis, weight loss, depression and even cancer .
The active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, comparable to ibuprofen compound has analgesic properties. Blunts the sensation of pain by activating a response to the opioid receptors in the brain. Unlike drugs, however, turmeric not addictive.
In a study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, turmeric has proven effective in the treatment of osteoarthritis. During a period of six weeks, the participants received 800 mg of ibuprofen and the remaining subjects took 2,000 mg of turmeric.
At the end of the study, those who ate turmeric showed better results showing that natural salt is not only more effective but also safer than taking pills.
To use the salt out of the kitchen, make your own turmeric supplements following the recipe below.
DIY turmeric supplements
- 1/3 cup organic, ground turmeric
- large pinch ground black pepper
- 3 raw tablespoons, organic honey
- oil melted coconut 1 tablespoon
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to make a paste.
- Take pinches of turmeric paste and roll into small balls.
- Place in the freezer for about 1 hour and remove.
- Store in a glass container and keep it in your refrigerator.
- Take 2-3 a day.
may also choose to take the spice with the following recipe.
- Mix one tablespoon of turmeric powder, a cup of honey and the juice of a lemon squeezed into a glass
- Add one teaspoon of this mixture to a cup of hot water or tea
- Enjoy the cocktail of pain relief three times a day and see the results soon
can ensure proper absorption turmeric mixing in a bit of fat (such as coconut oil) and some black pepper.