Diarrhea not allow you to stay healthy, they are just afraid of all those signals that will force you to go to the bathroom again to excrete loose, watery stools. You are too weak to do anything. Not only this, abdominal pain, bloating, cramping, nausea, and that sense of urgency every time just makes your life miserable. In a situation like this, what you need is to get rid of diarrhea as soon as possible to bring back to their normal life back to you. When there were no pills and other medications available later also his grandmother and even great grandmother had fought this diarrhea family members. Here are some home remedies for such diarrhea ancient traditions around the world.
1. Keep your body hydrated while replacing lost minerals
When suffering from diarrhea, your body can not retain water to provide the same. Not only is there a loss of liquid, a loss of essential minerals as well such as sodium, potassium and chlorine, called the electrolyte, which are essential to the functioning of your body occurs. Therefore it is necessary to replace the fluid and minerals lost due to frequent watery stools. Although you can always buy rehydration solutions with electrolyte replacement formula, you can also make one at home.
• water 1 liter
• ½ teaspoon Salt-
• 4 teaspoons sugar
• Lemon zumo- few drops
• Add the salt, sugar and lemon juice to the water.
• Mix well until sugar granules dissolve in water.
• Sip this liquid frequently in small amounts throughout the day.
Remember this is a home remedy to compensate the lost fluid and minerals from your body and not just to stop their loose motions. You must use other home remedies for that too. To keep your body hydrated, you can also take other liquids during the day. These can be soups, chicken broth, whey, juices other than those that have laxative effects such as apple juice or prune juice (do not have these juices) fruits.
2. Have yogurt to help the growth of beneficial bacteria
One of the causes of diarrhea is increasing the number of harmful bacteria in the gut. sufficient amount of beneficial bacteria in the system is the key for good bowel movements. Therefore, when you are suffering from diarrhea, it is necessary to replenish the good bacteria in your intestinal tract. Yogurt is one of the traditional food that has been used for centuries in many parts of the world for the treatment of diarrhea by introducing beneficial bacteria in the body. A study in a hospital in New York has found that 1/3 to 1/2 cup plain yogurt can treat twice as fast as some of the medicines for diarrhea severe childhood diarrhea. In fact, hospitals in Russia, Japan, Italy and yogurt regularly administered to patients for treatment of diarrhea. Yogurt, therefore, can treat diarrhea in a short span of time. However, make sure that you eat yogurt with live cultures and not pasteurized, as they contain beneficial bacteria. probiotic yogurt is also beneficial for you especially help when you suffer from diarrhea due to certain antibiotics. You can even make your most effective for the treatment of diarrhea by adding certain spices to the same natural yogurt. Here is the recipe for that.
Needed: equal amounts of
• cumin seeds
• fenugreek seeds
• Plain yogurt (can take probiotic yogurt or cultered) – 1 bowl
• toast the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds.
• Grind these spices toast to get their dust.
• Take the container of yogurt and add 4 teaspoons of this spice powder roast it.
• Mix well.
• Keep in mind yogurt.
Having a container of yogurt with spices like three times a day until they rid of diarrhea completely should not be more than a couple of days.
3. Avoid dairy products and other foods
When your digestive system is in such a delicate situation that can not even absorb water, has to eat and drink carefully. You should only have those foods that help diarrhea to go away and avoid any other foods that might aggravate the already irritable bowel movement. First, you must stop completely have milk and other dairy products such as cheese, butter, etc. However, as you have read in the previous remedy, yogurt, milk derivative also is beneficial for the digestive system so you should have it in more quantities and whey, which is also beneficial for you. You should also avoid foods rich in fiber having a lot of fiber, as can stress the already weak digestion and worsen diarrhea. While a small amount of sugar in quantities rehydralyting drink is good, but more sugar can damage your diarrhea. Here is a list of foods and beverages that you should avoid while suffering from diarrhea.
• Food or drinks with high sugar content, including sweetened fruit
• fatty and oily foods
• Liquids cold
• fruit juices (larger amounts of fructose is difficult to digest)
• apple juice, prune juice (have laxative effect)
• foods rich in fiber such as beans, cabbage or Brussels sprouts.
• Fiber-rich foods like oats
• Caffeinated drinks
• Spicy foods
Apart from avoiding these foods also should be avoided physical exercise. These include exercise, sexual activity, sports, dancing, etc. Take a break until your weakness is gone and have gained enough energy and strength.
4. Following Oregon grape and other herbs for chronic diarrhea
There are certain herbs as the root of Oregon grape and goldenseal with berberine on them. Berberine is an antimicrobial that is believed to be an effective remedy against certain foodborne bacteria and certain alkaloids. They also help in reducing colon secretion is important for the restriction of diarrhea. You can also add geranium leaves and red raspberry following Oregon grape. These herbs have astringent properties useful for the treatment of diarrhea, as they help in the recruitment colon and slow the passage of stool. This helps in less loss of water and minerals from your body. However, these herbs are only recommended for very severe cases of diarrhea. Also, you should take under the guidance of medical professional who can guide you on the quantities of this type of tea and tincture. Here is a recipe for Oregon grape root concoction that also have other beneficial herbs for diarrhea.
• Grape Root Oregon 2 teaspoons
• bilberry leaves were dried (do not take fresh) or geraniums or red 1 teaspoon raspberry
• 1-2 cloves garlic cloves-
• ½ teaspoon Chamomile-
• water 2 cups
• Boil water.
Add root • Oregon grape and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
• After 10 minutes, put off the flame and add the remaining ingredients.
• Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
• Having the heat. Do not let cool.
5. BRAT have friendly digestion, then CRAM Diet
First BRAT diet have as their severity diarrhea starts sinking, the switch CRAM diet. What you eat and what you eat is not important when suffering from some gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea. BRAT stands for bananas, rice, applesauce and toast is good for you, as these foods are soft and extremely low in dietary fiber. At the same time, they provide your body with essential energy, without stressing their gastrointestinal tract, which needs to function. However, this is not a substitute for oral rehydration solution (which we discussed in the first remedy), but no charge to it. How BRAT diet do all this? Let us know.
- B for banana gives potassium, mineral that controls the balance of fluids in your body.
- for Rice-R boiled rice, low carbon hydrate fiber gives energy without irritating your gut.
- A for Apple salsa- component is pectin, a soluble fiber that absorbs excess fluid in the intestine to reduce the rate of passage of stool.
- T for-Toast again, as rice is low in fiber carbohydrates to provide essential energy that the body needs without stressing your bowel movement. Toast toast BRAT diet means plain, without butter or jam or jelly. Yes you can have with apple sauce though!
Ideally it a Braty diet by adding ‘And for yogurt’ to help the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut. Sometimes, it also becomes the diet BRATT an extra ‘T for tea. “ A mild tea made with leaves of black tea without milk in it also has been used as a traditional remedy for fluid replacement during diarrhea. While water in tea helps rehydration, tannins astringents tea help in reducing intestinal inflammation.
once the intestine is strong enough to withstand a little more pressure, change to a CRAM diet because it lacks BRAT diet protein and essential fats. Using BRAT diet longer can adversely affect your body due to lack of protein and fat. so take the CRAM diet as soon as possible. CRAM stands for cereals, rice, applesauce and milk. in fact, some research in hospitals in Asia and South America, set diet CRAM as a more effective compared with traditional BRAT diet remedy. These studies have validated the use of cereals, rice and milk as a diet plan to muddle through for upset stomach including one that experienced during diarrhea.