Its summer time and the best things that come with it are the fruits that we like as the sun burns on our skin. The most popular and most enjoyable fruit is water melon. In summer these melons are the sweetest and the best quality. This fruit has more water content than any other fruit, as well as what is the best fruit to quench their thirst during hot summer days.
In addition to being a refreshing drink, these melons have a number of health benefits it makes these fruits an essential tool in your daily diet.
· Watermelon eating gives you 86 calories, 22 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams of protein and 5% of your daily need for fiber. It also has about 18 grams of sugar for sugar needs. Is less than 1 g of fat which is useful for weight conscious people.
· watermelon has one of the best antioxidant content found in nature.
· Watermelon is a rich source of vitamin C and vitamin A. This fruit is known to contain beta- carotene which is essential for the body. This provides useful beta-carotene to fight cancer diseases.
· Many times in the hot season, essential minerals our body are lost, such as sodium and potassium. Watermelons also have a rich content of these minerals and as such, provide the subsidiaries of these important minerals.
· watermelon also consists of the amino acid citrulline is known to create arginine, another amino acid removes ammonia unwanted body through the urea cycle.
· This amazing fruit also has lycopene content. This carotene Lycopene is an antioxidant that is used to neutralize free radicals in the body which can cause serious bodily harm. These lycopene also oxidizes cholesterol, which helps in thickening of the walls of blood vessels. It also helps in preventing heart problems.
· Watermelons are also rich sources of vitamin B6 and vitamin B1 along with magnesium. These are needed for energy production in the body.
· The high concentration of water content in watermelons help burn fats from your body, making the metabolism work efficiently. Along with this, fiber and protein in the fruit helps to keep the body active and fit.
· As watermelon has a rich source of vitamin C, which is perfect for preventing cold remedy and cough, as it strengthens the immune system.
· Because a rich potassium content in watermelon, is useful in cleaning toxic waste from the kidneys, so as reduction of uric acid in the blood. These have a positive effect on the overall functioning of the kidney.
· The high amount of potassium and magnesium minerals in watermelon also helps lower blood pressure. This works to prevent hardening of the artery walls because the carotenoids present and therefore is useful for blood pressure ailments.
· Due to the presence of arginine, a component that is useful to increase the sugar content, watermelons are the ideal food for people suffering from diabetes.
· Anti oxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin present in watermelon also helps protect the eyes from macular degeneration. They help in problems related to dry eyes and some serious disorders like glaucoma.
· The potassium content of watermelon is also useful in digestive problems due to its rich content of thiamine, a B vitamin that it may be useful in the process of digestion.
· Finally, the presence of arginine in watermelon is ideal for erectile dysfunction remedy and as such provides the best source for problems related to impotence.
Therefore, it can be seen that watermelons are the source of a lot of health benefits. This fruit is the best source of energy and vitality to the body as a whole to help keep all organs of the body fit and working.
So next time, when summer is at its high, just enjoy this wonderful fruit and you can be sure you are eating the best fruit of the season.