What is eczema?
Eczema is a medical condition that causes the skin to become inflamed or irritated. The skin of the affected person becomes dry, itchy, red and cracked. The most common type of eczema is atopic dermatitis or atopic eczema. About 90% of patients with eczema are less than 5 years in children, rashes begin on the face, hands, feet and scalp. In adults rashes often appear on the inside of the knees and elbows along with the neck, hands and feet. This disease can be controlled with proper treatment.
Symptoms of eczema
The symptoms that are common in adults and children include
• The redness and inflammation of the skin
• Itchy patches on skin
• changes in skin pigmentation
• scaly or crusted lesions that are thick
• small fluid-filled blisters that start oozes
the cause of eczema
the exact cause of eczema is still unknown. This disease seems to run in families with a history of allergies or asthma. Symptoms of eczema can worsen when specific triggers exposed. Some of the triggers of eczema are
• Allergens such as pet hair, animal dander, mold, pollen, foods such as wheat, eggs, dairy products and nuts.
• skin irritants such as perfumes, chemicals, skin care products based on alcohol, strong soaps, synthetic or wool clothing.
• hot or cold weather
• hot water bath
Treatment of eczema should be based on the severity of symptoms. Minor to moderate symptoms can be treated using various home remedies or topical creams.
and natural home remedies for eczema
There are some natural remedies that you can try to get rid of skin irritation and other problems of eczema.
1. Aloe Vera Juice
The gel like sap obtained from the Aloe Vera plant if the plant leaf is cut has been used to treat burns, wounds and other skin conditions for ages. It has soothing and healing to help you get rid of the problems of eczema on the skin. The application of aloe vera gel on the skin will help reduce itching and works as a moisturizer for dry and flaky skin.
How to use?
• It is always better to use Aloe Vera juice extracted from the leaf of the plant.
• All you need to do is cut the sheet in half and remove all colorless gel-like substance on the sheet.
• Apply this gel on the affected area and allowed to react with the skin for a few minutes.
• The regular application of aloe vera gel on the skin provide a calming effect and also reduce the itching of the skin.
2. The application of coconut oil
will have to source organic cold-pressed virgin coconut oil of high quality if you want the oil actually do wonders on your skin and reduce itching is experienced. This oil is more effective than the more expensive creams and lotions counter that can be purchased for eczema treatment. The main reason why coconut oil cold pressed here because all the nutrients, minerals and enzymes remain intact oil during cold pressing is used.
How to use?
• Take a generous amount of coconut oil cold pressed and apply it evenly over patches of eczema that you see on your body and also in the dry areas of the skin.
• Leave on the skin for about 10 to 15 minutes so that the oil sinks.
• The oil can be solid, as it is cold pressed, but easily melts once it comes into contact with the skin.
• Repeat this process two or three times a day until you feel a reduction in skin irritation and itching.
3. Take only hot baths
It is important that only thinks about taking hot baths and cold baths are not called for when you are suffering from skin irritation and eczema. A cold water bath will make your skin dry quickly. You also need to add in a few soothing eczema ingredients in your warm bath water to reduce itching and pain are suffering due to eczema.
• You can add a tablespoon of baking soda to the hot water that would be used for bathing. This will help reduce the itching of the skin.
• Regular oatmeal or oatmeal fine powder also can be added to hot water used for bathing. This will help soothe dry skin.
4. Vitamin E oil
Vitamin E oils are also found to be very effective in reducing eczema skin problems. It is important that you use vitamin E oil that is rich in natural tocopherols. You can also open gel capsules of vitamin E for oil put into the capsules.
How to use?
• Apply a generous amount of vitamin E oil in the areas of eczema affected skin and leave it there for about 15 minutes.
• The oil reacts with the affected and will help reduce itching and eczema symptoms you are experiencing skin.
• Apply this oil three times a day to see better results.
[ Read also: The best home remedies for eczema scars ]
Honey is a natural ingredient that is commonly used in India to treat a wide variety of skin problems. It is also found to be very effective in reducing skin irritation due to eczema.
• It is important for you to buy pure organic honey if you want to get rid of eczema problems very soon.
• Wash affected skin areas thoroughly and then dry.
• Apply honey directly on the affected areas of the skin. Leave it there for 10 minutes and then wash with warm water.
• Repeat three to four times to see quick results and help reduce itchy skin.
6. Epsom salt bath
would be ideal for you to take detox baths or soak your body in water containing various salts to aid in reducing irritation and dryness of the skin. It will also help soothe the skin and heal the skin.
How to bathe?
• Add two tablespoons of magnesium salt or Epsom salts in a bucket of warm water. Add a tablespoon of sea salt and a few drops of coconut oil or olive oil. Mix well in water.
• Take a good refreshing swim in this water every day to reduce skin irritation and to heal your skin.
pure virgin olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties and help reduce the redness of the skin caused by eczema.
How to use?
• Take a generous amount of olive oil and apply it on the affected areas of the skin. Leave it to react with the skin for three or four minutes.
• Gently rub the skin so that the oil becomes deeper in the skin.
• Now take a warm and place it on the affected areas and keep it there until the fabric cools wipe.
• You can remove excess fat in the skin with warm water and a cotton cloth.
• Repeat this process once every day for a week to see an effective reduction of skin irritation and itching.
8. Organic Cucumber
Cucumber is a very good natural ingredient that helps soothe the skin and make the skin glow. Cucumber juice has cooling effects and help in reducing skin irritations due to eczema. Make sure you only use organic cucumber to treat eczema.
How to use?
• Cut the cucumber into thin slices and place the cucumber fleshy area in the affected areas of the skin.
• Allow to soak into the skin for one to two hours. Repeat this process daily to provide a calming effect on the skin.
• You can also extract cucumber juice and apply it to the affected areas with a clean cotton cloth or gauze.
Another popular natural remedy you can think of for the treatment of eczema is chamomile. It will help in reducing inflammation of the skin as well as irritation and itching of the skin.
How to use?
• Add a few drops of pure extracts of chamomile oil in warm bath water every day to reduce skin irritation and itching.
• You can also massage chamomile oil directly on the affected areas of the skin every day to reduce itching.
• You can also prepare dried chamomile flowers in boiling water for about 10 minutes to prepare chamomile tea.
• Next, soak a clean cotton cloth in warm chamomile tea this and apply it on the affected area for 10 to 15 minutes. Doing this regularly for three to four times a week reduce skin irritations greatly.
10. The apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an ingredient that is loaded with antibacterial and antifungal properties. It will help soothe the skin and also help in reducing skin irritations.
What to do?
• Mix one part apple cider vinegar with one part water and apply to affected skin areas.
• Leave this mixture on the skin for 30 minutes to dry. Repeat this two to three times a day for a week to see visible results.
11. Neem and turmeric
The neem or Indian lilac leaves are found to be very effective in reducing skin irritations, inflammation and redness of the skin. It is the best natural home remedy to treat eczema. Turmeric has anti antioxidant properties that help soothe skin irritations and reduce inflammatory properties and.
How to use?
• Grind neem leaves and extract juice from the leaves. Now mix this juice with a tablespoon of turmeric powder organic.
• Add a teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil to this mixture.
• Apply this mixture on the affected areas of the skin and leave to react on the skin for 30 to 45 minutes.
• Wash with warm water and dry the area. Repeat twice daily for a week or ten days to reduce itching and irritation of the skin altogether.
12. Fish oil
fish oil supplements containing omega 3 fatty acids that are very effective in treating eczema. It will help in healing inflammation of the skin and reduce skin irritation.
• Make sure that you take one or two oil supplements fish every day after lunch and dinner to reduce problems of eczema.
• You can also include salmon, tuna, mackerel, sardines, anchovies, etc; in your diet to see quick results.
Do you find it very annoying and disturbing to see redness and dry, flaky skin on your body? Are you looking for some natural remedies to treat eczema? Well, then you can try some natural home remedies mentioned above to get rid of all your skin problems.