Rickets is a disease caused by lack of vitamin D in children. Lack of vitamin D makes it impossible for a child’s body absorb calcium and phosphorus leading to weak bones. In adults, the disease is called osteomalacia. The origin of the term Ricket dates back to the Anglo-Saxon word “wrikken” which means “twist”. As the bones soften and deform resulting in twisting or bending the child’s body, this disease is deficiency ‘rickets.’ The name is most likely to notice the early symptoms of rickets when a child is teething. The child becomes restless, pale and flabby muscles and look toneless. Tips child take contorted positions. His head and abdomen sweat a lot seems to excel. Often the child may suffer from diarrhea and even anemia. weak bones and joints bend and cause deformities such as bowed legs, knock knees and pigeon breast. If detected early, it is possible to treat rickets. Home remedies for rickets mostly include diet rich in calcium, phosphorus and vitamin D, including measures that will replenish vital minerals and vitamins in the body of the child.
1. The sun to get enough vitamin D rickets Remedy
human skin contains provitamin that is activated when sunlight. Vitamin D is thus synthesized in the skin by the sun. If a child is exposed to sunlight, vitamin D deficiency can be counteracted. This vitamin, however, does not cure rickets itself. Promotes absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the body so that the bones can get stronger.
Do the following:
- expose the child to mild sunlight in the morning, no more than 15-20 minutes.
- If the skin is darker, it is necessary to expose the child to sunlight for longer than normal.
- strongly not cover the child with clothes. Wear loose clothing or skin exposure to direct sunlight, but not for long and only in the morning.
- be more careful with babies, toddlers and small babies. His sensitive skin can burn so cover them with light clothing when they are exposed to sunlight.
Just remember, do not cover your children with unnecessary clothes when he or she leaves the sun,
plays or simply enjoy fresh air! However, if you go out at noon or when the sun’s rays are very strong, wear sunscreen as these can damage the skin and even cause skin cancer.
2. Remedy cod liver oil for rickets
Cod has been a favorite remedy of old mothers. And why not! In the early twentieth century, poor children were easy victims of rickets. The discovery of vitamin D and anti-rachitic properties of cod liver oil in 1930 were the main benchmarks that have already received the United States rid of rickets. Even before this discovery, northern Europeans used the cod liver oil to get relief from rheumatism, joint pain and stiff muscles, way back from the 17th century! cod liver oil has large amounts of vitamins A, D and omega-3 fatty acids. While vitamin A, among other health benefits, it is essential for the immune system and growth of bone, vitamin D is the main compound prevents and treats rickets, along with improved muscle function. It also prevents type 1 diabetes, hypertension and some common cancers. It is, therefore, seems advisable to have the cod liver oil for rickets even if it tastes bad.
Do the following:
- Take 1 teaspoon of cod liver oil a day. liver oil cod liquid smells but can be found also flavored versions. However, excessive use of aromas and flavors can leave rancid oil. So go for mild flavors or cod liver oil unformatted.
3. The bluefish as a remedy for rickets
There are very few foods naturally containing vitamin D in them. Bluefish are one. It is more important to eat fish during the winter months, when daylight is reduced to a considerable level. It is no less important in the summer months when children also remain inside and keep busy with only indoor games. Therefore, make sandwiches of tuna, mackerel dip or add your salmon fish cake, but include fish in your diet to get more vitamin D.
What bluefish are good sources of vitamin D?
- Fresh Tuna
4. Rich in dietary calcium by rickets
While lack of vitamin D leads to non-absorption of calcium in the body, however, is none other than the consequences of not having calcium in the diet. When minerals, calcium and phosphates, lowest in the blood, the body begins to produce hormones that cause calcium and phosphate to be released from the bones. This results in weak and soft bones. Therefore, along with vitamin D, calcium-rich diet is also essential to prevent and cure rickets.
What are good sources of calcium?
- Dairy products like milk, yogurt and cheese
- Soybeans and tofu
- The green leafy vegetables such as broccoli and cabbage
- Fish whose bones are also eaten like sardines and herring.
5. Moti Pearl Ash Bhasma- Ayurveda Remedy for rickets
Here is a unique treatment for rickets. In fact, it is an ancient remedy of Ayurveda, where da ‘Moti Bhasma’ or pearl ash to treat rickets. Pearl is rich in natural calcium and therefore very beneficial for those who lack this mineral. Pearl (Mytilus margaritiferus) comprises calcium, magnesium traces, zinc, strontium, selenium and a variety of amino acids. Moti bhasma is readily available in powder form at any store that sells health products Ayurveda. Ayurvedic preparation, ‘Moti Bhasma’ is made special efforts in natural pearl components are reduced to form oxide or sulfide. The beads are purified and then reduced oxide through calcination.
- Moti bhasma- 60-125 mg
- Honeywell 1-2 teaspoons
Do the following:
- bhasma moti Mix with honey
- have this twice a day.
bhasma moti is recommended that you take under the expert guidance of a practitioner of Ayurveda.
6. Dandelion herbal remedy for rickets
dandelion herb is rich in nutrients. Dandelion root and leaves are a good source of vitamins such as vitamin A, C, D and B complex are also high in minerals iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, manganese, copper, choline, calcium, boron and silicon. This is one of the herbs that nutritionists recommend for rickets as well.
Ways to use the herb dandelion for rickets
- make soup of dandelion leaves.
- make tea herb dandelion.
How to make dandelion tea?
- Dried leaves dandelion 1 teaspoon
- Boil 1 cup water
Do the following:
- dandelion Put leaves in a pot
- pour hot water over it.
- stand for 3 minutes
- Stir and let stand for 1 minute.
- Colar and have tea.
7. The infusion of oat straw for rickets
oat straw is a very nutritious grass. Oat straw is derived from the oat plant is left after harvesting the grain. Is basically the dried stems and leaves of the oat plant that can be found in any herb shop. Oat straw is a very rich niacin (B3) source of calcium, vitamin A, magnesium and. Oat straw can be used not only to treat rickets, but also osteoporosis, bone cancer, and broken bones. Give a daily calcium supplement your child or have yourself for strong bones by having a cup of tea oat straw (not tea). You may want to brew with a pinch of herb horsetail for best results.
How to make the infusion of oat straw for rickets?
- dry oat straw Herb 1 ounce (about 1 cup)
- Jar with ership a jar of a liter (about 1 liter of volume)
- boiling enough water to fill the bottle
- horsetail Herb 1 tablespoon
Do the following:
- Place oat straw in the bottle.
- Add a pinch of herb horsetail (if not, do not worry, do not horsetail grass. Get it for next time)
- fill the jar with boiling water.
- cover the jar with a lid.
- Let oat straw to soak for 5-10 hours. Time will leave to infuse, the better. You may also like to do overnight.
- After about 5-10 hours, strain the thing.
- Drink 1 cup of this infusion of oat straw. You can even have more of the same, but have at least one cup daily.
- store the remaining infusion in the refrigerator. Use the liquid within 36 hours. If you can not use within this time, skip the infusion to spare. It can be used to take bath oat straw.
8. Bathroom give oat straw for rickets
As oatmeal or oat straw sativa nourishes and protects the nervous system and the supply of B vitamins, magnesium, calcium and antioxidants, is also good to have bath oat straw twice a week for those who have rickets or deficient in calcium and vital minerals.
Taking Oatstraw bath for rickets?
1st way to take bath oat straw
- Get two liters of tea oat straw (which this infusion as suggested in the remedy infusion of oat straw).
- Overheating and test infusion of oat straw.
- Mix this infusion Oatstraw a hot tub. Allow to cool until you can tolerate.
- immerse the body of this water and relax.
second way of taking bath oat straw
- Get 1kg oat straw.
- Put this oat straw in a large tub 4 liters water.
- Boil water and pour over dry grass oat straw.
- let cool slightly.
- bathe in this water.
- Do not remove the straws while bathing.
Take warm baths Oatstraw at least once or twice a week.
9. Nettle Herbal Infusion for rickets
Nettle is one of the herbs rich in nutrients that have a variety of vitamins and minerals in it. Many nutritionists recommend nettle herb for your reservations calcium and magnesium. Also has potassium, iron, chromium, selenium, minerals, chlorophyll, manganese, silica, iodine and sodium other than vitamins A, C and E, B vitamins and beta carotene. Nettle has been widely identified as one of the natural remedies for rickets when taken as a tea. You can switch between oat straw and nettles herbal tea benefits for both herbs.
How to make nettle infusion of herbs?
- dried nettle Herb 1 ounce (about 1 cup)
- 1 quart jar with ership jar / liter
- the (not boiling) water – about 1 liter, enough to fill the jar
Do the following:
- Put nettle herb in the bottle.
- Pour hot water over the grass and fill the jar to the top.
- Close the plate with the lid.
- Let stand for about 4-8 hours.
- After about 4-8 hours, filter and drink nettle infusion.
If you take two cups a day of infusion of nettle, which can meet all your vitamins and minerals required for the day.
10. Remedy for tea horse tail rickets
horsetail grass has many, most importantly silica along with potassium, manganese, magnesium, and many minerals minerals. Why is this herb one of the remedies for rickets is because silica or silicon content of horsetail becomes natural calcium by the body when taken internally grass. Horsetail is traditionally given to people suffering from anemia or general weakness, as well as to cleanse and heal wounds. Some modern studies have also found that the fractured bones can be cured quickly when horsetail is used by the patient. The trace silicon element horsetail helps find the protein molecules together in the blood vessels and connective tissues. Silicon not only promotes growth and stability of the bone structure, but also makes collagen which keeps the skin and muscle tissue together. Horsetail therefore can be used as a remedy for rickets, osteomalacia, osteoporosis, sprains, dislocated joints, pulled hamstrings and torn ligaments.
Making tea cola horse for rickets
- horse tail fresh or 1 teaspoon dried Herb
- boiling Water 2 cups
Do the following:
- Put the herb horsetail in a container.
- Pour boiling water over it.
- Cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Having this tea after meals.
- have one and a half cup of this tea horsetail in a day, after meals. Divide the tea to have after two or three meals, but no more than 1 -. ½ cups a day
11. Remedies for Rickets diet
As Rickets is a deficiency disease, the best remedy for this is to have nutrient-rich foods that are full of vitamin D, calcium and phosphorus, along with other minerals. Here is an ideal plan for rickets diet.
diet plan for rickets
- Eat foods high vitamin D – cod liver oil; fish such as salmon, mackerel, tuna; whole eggs (yolk has vitamin D in it); and yogurt. You may also have vitamin D-fortified foods like orange juice, milk, margarine and breakfast cereals.
- Have calcium rich foods – dairy products like milk, yogurt and cheese; green leafy vegetables like kale and spinach.
- have diet rich in phosphorus – whole wheat; halibut, beef, chicken and turkey; dairy products like milk, cheese and yogurt; eggs; and salmon fish.
Plan vegetarian diet for rickets
Children who eat only vegetarian foods are included in the risk group for developing rickets because their vegetarian diet may lack calcium or vitamin . Here is a vegetarian diet plan for these children.
- whole grains and beans – rice, oats, quinoa, barley, lentils, black beans, etc.
- The green leafy vegetables – kale, collards, etc.
- Yellow -orange the carrot, turnip, squash, vegetables, etc.
- Cruciferous vegetables – cabbage, broccoli, etc.
- Algae – kelp, dulse, hijiki, etc.
- Nuts – walnuts and almonds
- fresh fruits and nuts – bananas, oranges, raisins, figs
- vegetables such as onions and garlic
- sweet made with honey and maple syrup
the key to combat rickets, so it is therefore have required amounts of vitamin D, calcium and phosphorus. The best remedies for rickets are to include foods rich in these nutrients in our diet and exposure to sunlight for some part of our day. The more you stay away from Ecuador, the longer it takes to be exposed to the sun so that your body can produce vitamin D. Various herbs and home remedies for rickets also do the same, give vitamins and calcium and minerals and help synthesize these nutrients in your body.