If you are a woman, no matter what your age, you might have at some point of time, experienced vaginal itching and burning. And nobody but you know how uncomfortable it is. Therefore, we will talk today about why this vaginal itching and burning occur and how to get rid of it!
causes of vaginal itching and burning
Most times vaginal itching, burning and irritation is not a major concern. However, sometimes it may be due to an infection and then becomes a concern if proper treatment is not done in time. Therefore, it is necessary to know the symptoms associated with each of the causes of vaginal discomfort so you can know when and how to deal with the issue.
may know they are healthy bacteria that live in this part of your body to protect your sensitive organ is taken. But sometimes, bad bacteria invade and outnumber the good. This is commonly known as bacterial vaginosis. Thus, along with vaginal itch, if you have swelling, burning, discharge, and a fishy smell, visit a doctor to treat your vaginal infection.
When yeast Candida overgrowth in the vagina and vulva, suffering from what is called vaginal candidiasis. You will see a flow thick white cheese, along with vaginal itching. Take appropriate for treatment of the disease.
sexually transmitted or STD disease
Diseases such as chlamydia, genital herpes, genital warts, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and can also lead to irritation and itching in the vagina and vulva. Symptoms may include bumps, sores or warts near the mouth, anus and vagina; inflammation of the vagina, painful urination, night sweats, fever and chills, vaginal discharge, vaginal bleeding (not menstrual bleeding), pain during intercourse, and severe itching in the vagina. These diseases require immediate and appropriate treatment.
The walls of the vagina of a dry, thin woman when experiencing menopause. This is due to decreased production of the hormone estrogen. This also causes itching and vaginal irritation.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Due to hormonal fluctuations, these conditions also make walls and thin dry vagina. This leads to itching and vaginal irritation.
The vagina of a woman comes into contact several products that have a lot of chemicals in them, such as creams, douches, contraceptive foams, laundry detergents, soaps, scented toilet paper, fabric softeners and preservatives. These chemical irritants are also a major cause of vaginal itching and burning.
Certain skin problems like lichen sclerosus, which mainly affects the genital and anal areas can also give vaginal itching, with white spots and thin around the vulva (and sometimes in other parts such as breasts and arms). This is common in women after menopause. Symptoms include bleeding, blisters and white spots on the skin that can result in permanent scarring, bleeding, discomfort, pain and itching in the vagina or around the vaginal area.
Home Remedies for vaginal itching and burning
Sometimes it becomes imperative to go to the doctor to treat itching and vaginal irritation, especially when it is due to serious causes such as bacterial infection or yeast infections, sexually transmitted diseases, etc. The doctor will treat you with essential antibiotics and antifungal drugs. Sometimes also they prescribe treatments such as estrogen cream, tablets, vaginal ring inserts, creams or lotions steroid, etc. If the itching and vaginal burning is not due to certain serious cases mentioned above, you can also rely on home remedies. These resources will give soothing relief from vaginal itching and burning and also help heal inflammation and redness, etc.
1. The cold water or cold compress
Water is the first and most effective treatment at home to start. Sometimes the heat is the cause of vaginal itching, as when chemicals come into contact with this sensitive area of your body skin. Something as simple as cold water can help get rid of vaginal itching and burning. cold pack can also be used for anesthetic effect.
- Rinse the vaginal area with cold water. Never use soap or other cleaning products when experiencing discomfort here. Just wash with cold water and dry properly.
- If desired, douching, but the area with the greatest caution. Never do it directly into the vagina. Shower area in a downward position.
- for cold compress, take some ice cubes and wrap in a clean cloth. Place this bag of ice into the vagina for a couple of minutes. Remove and use it again after a minute or so. Keep doing this until your itching disappears.
2. Yoghurt for vaginal itching
Yogurt has live and active cultures Lactobacillus acidophilus or good bacteria that can maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in the vagina. You need to take anti-bacterial drugs in severe itching and irritation. However, if only a slight itching and irritation, you can rely on natural sources such as yogurt. But never use yogurt flavored or sweetened. They can aggravate the condition. Use only plain yogurt for the purpose.
- take some plain yogurt and with the help of cotton or a clean finger, apply this to your vagina.
- can also soak a tampon in plain yogurt and insert it into the vagina for about an hour. Do not forget to remove the plug after a maximum of two hours.
- you can also consume plain yogurt a day. This will restore the balance of good bacteria internally.
3. Apple cider vinegar for itching in the vagina
Due to its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, vinegar apple cider properties is one of the popular remedies for itching vaginal. It also helps maintain the alkaline environment in the vagina so that the bad bacteria find it difficult to survive there.
- Take 1 tablespoon cider vinegar apple and 1 cup water . To be sure, boiling water and let cool to room temperature. You can also use when slightly warm. Add the tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to this clean water. Now rinse your vagina with your t water. Do this 2-3 times a day.
- you can also take apple cider vinegar internally to make your more alkaline and body free of harmful bacteria and yeast. Add 2-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Have this twice a day.
4. The tea tree oil for vaginal itching
tea tree oil has strong antibacterial properties. In fact, this essential oil is very effective in the treatment of yeast infection also. Therefore, if your vaginal discomfort is due to mild yeast infection, you can always first try the tea tree oil before going to the doctor. However, if this or other remedies for vaginal itching not give you comfort, you should consult your doctor and get proper treatment.
- Having a bath tea tree oil to soak. To do this, add 4-6 drops of tea tree oil to your bath water and mix well. Sitting in the water for about 10 minutes every day to get relief.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Add 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to it and mix well. Apply this to your vagina and surrounding areas.
5. Chamomile for vaginal itching and burning
If you also experience burning along with itching, which could be due to swelling and redness in your vagina. Chamomile is a calming herb and can be used to relieve the inflammation to get rid of vaginal burning and irritation there. To be most effective, you can add tea tree oil to it.
- Chamomile tea bag- 1-2 (or 1 teaspoon chamomile Herb)
- tree oil 4-5 drops of tea
- cups water 2/1
Do the following:
- Boiling water.
- If the use of the herb, chamomile to add the boiling water and boil for about 5 minutes. Put off the flame and let stand for 5 minutes. Strain it.
- If the use of tea bags, immerse the bag in hot water and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove the bag.
- Once the tea has cooled to room temperature or slightly warm, add the tea tree oil for this.
- Rinse your vagina with this herbal solution.
- Do this 1-2 times a day.
6. boric acid for vaginal yeast infection
Boric acid is a very effective antifungal agent. You can, in fact, fighting some of the guys very resistant yeast infections. However, it is poisonous when taken internally. Thus, when boric acid is used to treat vaginal itching at home, use it with caution.
- boric acid ¼ teaspoon
- Water 1 cup or a gelatin capsule
Do the following:
- Combine boric acid and water and mix well.
- Rinse your vagina with this solution.
- Alternatively, you can fill a gelatin capsule with boric acid and inserted into the vagina.
Most gelatin capsules dissolve naturally inside there. If, however, it does not dissolve by itself, and remove after 2-3 hours.
7. Garlic for vaginal itching
Garlic has come to occupy a special place in the field of home remedies, thanks to its excellent antibacterial and antibiotic properties. If you have been able to understand the symptoms in the initial phase of yeast or bacterial infection of the vagina, garlic can help you stop it right there.
- Take a medium garlic clove, peel it and make several incisions on the sides of the garlic clove with a knife. Inserted into the vagina and leave it there for 2-3 hours or overnight. Remove it after this time. You can re-insert another garlic clove after some time.
- If you do not insert anything into the vagina, you can use garlic oil. Take 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and mixed with a few drops of garlic oil. Mix well and apply this to your vaginal area. Leave for 10-15 minutes before washing it off with a little warm water.
8. Coconut oil for vaginal itching
Coconut oil moisturizes dry skin that could be causing itching in the vaginal area. But what is interesting is that this oil can effectively treat yeast infection by the explosion of cell nucleus yeast Candida! Lauric, capric, caprylic acid and present in coconut oil makes it antiviral, antimicrobial, and fungi an anti. Its caprylic acid cell membrane of yeast is broken. When taken internally, lauric acid stimulates the immune system.
- Apply coconut oil to the vaginal area several times a day.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil for 6-8 cups of water. Rinse your vagina with this mixture.
- Add few drops of oil of vitamin E oil and garlic in a little coconut oil and apply this to your vaginal area.
- Consume 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil every day.
9. Sea salt or Epsom salt for vaginal itching
The salt is known to control the growth of microbes including bacteria and fungi. Sea salt has excellent anti-bacterial properties. Epsom salt is also good when it comes to treatment of infections in the country.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt 2-3 cups of water and wash the vagina with this.
- Add ½ cup salt to bath water and sit on this for about 10 minutes.
- Take a bottle and add 1 teaspoon sea salt, along with 2-4 drops each of lavender, thyme, rosemary and chamomile essential oils. Fill to the top with water. Rinse your vagina with this 2-3 times a day.
10. Neem for vaginal itching
Neem has been traditionally used by Ayurveda for treating skin diseases such as eczema and also infections, including vaginal infections. Neem, also called purple or loamy Indian, has strong antibacterial and antifungal properties. What used to treat itching and vaginal irritation.
- Take a handful of neem leaves and boil them in 3-4 cups of water for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool before rinsing the vaginal area. Do this 1-2 times a day.
- can also use neem oil. Add a few drops of this oil in water and rinse your vagina with this.
- Add few drops of neem oil with coconut oil and apply this to your vagina and surrounding areas. Clean after about 15-20 minutes.
Tips to prevent and treat vaginal itching at home
Maintaining proper hygiene
Proper hygiene is the prerequisite to prevent vaginal itching.
- Change underwear every day.
- take a bath or shower daily and wash the vagina properly with only water.
- As vagina has the ability to clean itself, it is not necessary to use harsh soaps or cleaning agents for this part of your body. The use of these products provides sensitive skin here in contact with chemicals that can aggravate itching.
- Do not wash the vagina excessively. It is the result of dry skin cause more itching.
according to the vaginal area with caution
This is crucial because the vagina, anus and urinary openings are close to each other and can get infections that can lead to vaginal itching and burning.
- After a bowel movement, always wipe from front to back.
- Do not douche
- Change diapers baby girls frequently and regularly.
- Avoid intercourse when vaginal itching and burning is experienced
- To prevent sexually transmitted diseases, emphasizing the use of condoms.
- do not scratch. This only exacerbates the problem.
Proper clothing is important to stop vaginal itching
tight clothes do not allow the dry air to keep your vagina. Also they irritate the skin every time it moves.
- Do not wear too tight. Loose clothing allows air to keep the body dry. Sweat may be the culprit of his recurrent vaginal infections.
- Use breathable clothing such as cotton. It removes moisture and keeps the area dry. cotton underwear also not irritate the skin, such as synthetics do.
- Avoid using those fabrics that make up the vagina itchy and hot. Do not wear polyester, spandex, lycra, lace, socks, etc. near its sensitive area.
chemical irritants are one of the main causes of vaginal itching and burning.
- Avoid fragrances added to products like toilet paper, laundry detergent and bubble bath.
- Do not use soap to clean the vagina.
- Do not use feminine hygiene sprays and showers. Remember, the vagina is a self-cleaning organ. Water is enough to clean it.
pay attention to their diet
Your diet should make your body more alkaline.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates.
- do not contain sugar. yeast feed on this.
- drink plenty of water.
- Having a lot of probiotic fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir and miso food.
- has a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid wine and cut alcohol consumption
- Avoid sweets, carbonated drinks
avoiding substances that give vaginal itching
sometimes certain thing or food, etc. triggers allergic reactions that lead to inflammation, itching and burning sensation in the vagina. Avoiding these allergens
- may be a perfume in a soap, laundry detergent, or lotion that comes into contact with the vagina. Use unscented products or anything.
- may be a fabric. Wear cotton or other breathable fabric skin near your vagina. 100 percent cotton is the best solution.
- may be any food that causes itching. Identify these foods and avoid them.
All these precautions will help to stop vaginal itching and burning.
bulge in vaginal area pictures |