Studies suggest that 5-10% of Americans suffer from sciatica and reduce pain that occurs as a result of compression and irritation of the nerve in the lumbar back.
sciatica pain often affects the lumbar spine and the bottom of one leg to the foot.
Symptoms usually appear are:
• piercing pain usually felt on one leg or buttock
• stinging and burning sensation
• Pain that is stronger in the sitting position
• bowel and bladder incontinence (in severe cases )
Many factors influence the sciatica pain, such as:
• In 90% of the pains of sciatica cases is the result of herniated discs in his back
• injuries or spinal infections
• Forward movement of the vertebral bones
• narrowing of the spaces between the vertebrae
• CES syndrome (cauda equina syndrome)
can prevent severe pain
• The practice of exercises regular strengthening back muscles
• Sleeping on a solid floor
• Keep your body in good posture
• Adjust the support seat for the area lumbar
• Practicing lifting techniques
The six exercises that relieve sciatica pain are described below:
1. Hamstring Stretch Exercise
should sit on the floor with legs straight, back straight and duration of hand. Breath deeply.
2. Elevators Exercise knee
should lie on your back and bend your knees to a 90 degree angle. Keep your arms at the flat sides. Do five repetitions of lifting the legs up to the foot off the floor and down again.
3. Piriformis stretch exercise
You should lie on your back with your knees bent and heels pushed buttocks. Then cross one leg over the other and the rest of his ankle. Stretch your hips and remain in this position for 20 seconds. Repeat with the other leg as well.
4. knee exercise stretch chest
lie on your back and bend your knees to a 90 degree angle. Keep your feet firm on the floor and wrap their hands around one knee. Then pull the knee toward the chest. Stay in this position for 20-30 seconds and repeat with the other leg.
5. Back Extensions Exercise
Lie down on the floor face down, while the feet and hands remain on the ground. Place your fingers at eye level. Raise the back for 5-10 seconds and lower it to the ground. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
6. gluteal exercise stretch
should lie on your back and bend your knees to a 90 degree angle. Raise your right leg, while the ankle rests on the left thigh. Put your hands around the left thigh and pull it towards your body. Stay in this position for 20-30 seconds. Do three repetitions and then repeat with the other leg.