Indians have become more health conscious since the last decade. People belonging to all age groups want to maintain a healthy body weight and have a fabulous look. However, it is not easy for an Indian to stay at your ideal weight as any celebration in India include a variety of foods that contain loads of sugar, butter and other fattening. Many health enthusiasts think that the best way to lose weight is to go to a gym and exercise for hours. However, if it will be a diet high in calories after your work out all their struggle will continue wasted. If you are an Indian looking for the best way to achieve weight loss, then you should have a plan of Indian diet to lose weight. It is a well known fact that you have to restrict your calorie intake if you want to reduce your weight. Although Indian recipes are spicy and rich in carbohydrates, you can also make low calorie recipes from commonly available ingredients from India.
Diet Plan India to lose weight
By creating a plan of Indian diet to lose weight, you need to consider certain important factors. It is necessary to take into account sex, age, weight, metabolic rate, activity level, health status of the person for whom the plan is created. The body of each person is different and has different requirements of energy or calories. By finding the BMI of a person, it is easy to determine the weight loss required to achieve the ideal weight and this will help plan the diet according to the need of calories the body. Find the basal metabolic rate helps identify the body’s ability to use energy and may include foods that enhance the body’s metabolic rate in the diet plan. To create the perfect Indian weight loss diet, it is also necessary to have an idea about weight loss foods available in the particular area. Select foods readily available in the grocery store or supermarket nearby. You should also know how to cook food in the ideal way to achieve weight loss.
Top 10 Foods to lose weight
The success of any diet plan depends on having planned food intake that provides only the necessary calories for the perfect functioning of the body and there is no excess calories that can be stored in the body as fat in various parts of the body. You need to have a nutritious and well-balanced diet that includes the required amount of carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals and essential fats. Drastic diet plans you will only look lethargic and malnourished. The weight loss diet should contain Indian foods that increase the body’s metabolic rate and at the same time add less calories. Some of the Indian foods to lose weight that can be included in a diet plan are the following
1. Brown Rice
Most Indians use white rice as the basis of their diet and is rich in carbohydrates. Brown rice has more nutritional value and has a glycemic index than white rice. Brown rice has more fiber and makes you feel full even when less is eaten.
2. Beans and lentils
beans and lentils are rich in protein and are great foods to lose weight. Soybeans, black beans, etc. They provide satiety and reduce hunger during dieting. The soluble fiber in these foods help reduce triglycerides and cholesterol in the body. These can be cooked used as snacks between meals to maintain an ideal weight.
3. leafy vegetables and spinach
There are different varieties of green leafy vegetables which are used by people in different parts of India. Greens like palak, or Poi Basella Sag, fenugreek leaves, leaves chicken thigh plants, leaves colocacia, mustard, etc., are readily available and contain fiber and folic acid. They are rich in water content and have very low calories when consumed. These greens will improve digestion and metabolism. Broccoli, cabbage and lettuce are also considered as the best foods to lose weight.
There are different varieties of cucumbers available in India, which is excellent for weight reduction diet. They are rich in water content and have very low calorie them. They help fill your stomach without adding extra calories in the diet.
Garlic must be included in any weight loss diet because they reduce appetite. It also reduces cholesterol in the body and helps maintain the level of blood sugar. They are very effective in preventing cardiovascular disease and cancer.
6. Whole grains
Whole grains are rich in fiber and have low fat. Whole grains contain protein, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and phytochemicals that are necessary to maintain good health.
7. Nuts and seeds
nuts like almonds and peanuts and seeds as pumpkin seeds and flax seeds help lower bad cholesterol and improve good cholesterol level. They are rich in omega three fatty acids.
If you are a non-vegetarian, can I include fish in your diet 2-3 days a week. They are excellent sources of protein and omega 3. To achieve weight reduction, avoiding the use of fried fish. Sardines, anchovies, tuna, mackerel, etc are the best options.
9. low-calorie fruits and vegetables
Apart from the above items can also be used various low-calorie vegetables and fruits in the Indian diet to lose weight. Vegetables like peppers, cabbage, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes have very low calories. low calorie weight loss fruits include lemons, grapes, apples, pears, oranges, plums, strawberries, watermelon, etc.
10. healthy spices
Spices also contribute to weight reduction to some extent. You can include cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds, ginger, mustard seeds, turmeric and black pepper in various food preparations for weight loss.
Best vegetarian diet to lose weight
As stated above, the caloric requirement of each person is different and some people prefer vegetarian food and some prefer non-vegetarian food. Whatever the type of food you have, should have a calorie deficit in your body so that the body begins to use stored fat. However, the minimum energy requirement of an adult human being is 1200-1800 calories. Therefore, the Indian diet to lose weight should be restricted to 1800 calories. You can create best vegetarian diet to lose weight that restricted to 1800 calories using the various ingredients of vegetarian weight loss. Make sure you divide 1800 calories in 3 meals a day and healthy snacks twice a day to achieve the best possible result in a short term. Here is a guide to creating the best vegetarian diet to lose weight. Based on this, you can create your own diet plan as food choices each person can vary and items available to you may be different from what is mentioned here.
Early in the morning
You may have any of the following items to start the day.
- 1 cup of warm water with lemon juice added to it. This drink will have zero calories in it.
- You can add a teaspoon of honey to the mixture and have it in the morning. This combination is believed to burn fat within the body.
- 1 cup of green tea or black tea or black coffee without added sugar
You can choose any of these to your diet plan or change items daily to avoid monotony.
You can have a breakfast that contains less than 350 calories. These are some of the options
- Two roti with half a cup of lentil sauce or salsa tofu
- 1 room plate whole wheat bread or broken upma and a cup of low-fat milk
- 2 Idlis and half a cup of sambar and ½ cup lowfat milk fat
may be used boiled pulses, green salads, low calorie fruit or nuts as a snack
- Take ½ cup melon / cucumber and carrot salad or 20 grapes or a handful of peanuts / almonds / melon seeds.
- Make sure that your caloric intake is between 50-70 calories.
There are several options for the vegetarian lunch. You can eat roti with vegetables or sauces go for vegetables rice and brown or have some roti and rice, according to your preferences. Make sure that the calories do not exceed 350 calories. Here are some suggestions for better vegetarian diet to lose weight.
- 1 cup brown rice (not to exceed 200 grams of cooked rice) and ½ cup vegetable sauce mixed with salad over a plate of mixed vegetables, 1 small container raitha or low fat curd. Make sure the vegetables are cooked using oil low in fat and without the addition of coconut.
- 2 roti sauce ½ cup of vegetables of your choice and a small cup or raitha green salad.
- You can change the menu up to ½ cup of rice, and one roti with vegetable sauce, if you prefer to eat both rice and roti for lunch.
If you feel that your stomach is full, try to have some clear soup before having lunch.
In the evening you can choose any of these
- Green Tea
- juice of salted lemon
- half oats cup cooked in low fat milk or water
If you prefer to eat some snacks, you can select any of mid-morning snack or you can choose a half cup of cooked vegetables or beans.
Start your dinner with any thin soup. You can eat 2 roti plate or a quarter upma or 3 slices of bread or a bowl of oatmeal at night with the vehicle and ½ cup 1 cup of salad.
healthy vegetarian meals to lose weight
If you are looking for healthy vegetarian meals to lose weight, you have to make changes in meal preparation. Select healthy cooking oil like rice bran oil or olive oil to prepare food. Do not include more than 2 tablespoons oil in your daily intake, if you want to lose weight. Avoid using sugar and reduce the amount of salt in your meals. Try to add variety to your meals using new ingredients every day to avoid repetition. Try to include more fruits and raw vegetables in their vegetarian meals in salads to reduce weight effectively. Completely avoid fried foods and prefer cooking methods such as steaming, boiling and broiling. If you feel hungry between meals opt for soups and salads to keep the appetite under control.
Indian Weight Loss Recipes
The following are some of the tasty Indian recipes that can be arranged so that will also help you lose weight.
There is no better way to start the day than with a bowl of oatmeal. It is the healthiest food you can ever eat and now it is becoming one of the most common ingredients that people use to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner. Oatmeal helps control blood pressure, lower cholesterol, reducing weight reduces the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes and stimulates the immune system. The following are the healthy recipes that can be prepared using oatmeal.
a) Lemon Oats
If you want to prepare a recipe oatmeal Indian spicy, tasty and healthy, then the lemon oatmeal is a very good choice.
- Avena – ½ cup
- Water 1 cup
- Turmeric powder -1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- olive oil – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Chiles Verdes – two to three nos (slit)
- Peanuts – 1 tablespoon
- -1 teaspoon Black Gram
- Bengal Gram – ½ tablespoon
- Curry – 6 to 8
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- heat a non-stick pan and dry roast half cup of oatmeal for a couple of minutes over low heat. Keep this side.
- Now add the oil in another pan and add the mustard seeds, Bengal Gram and Black Gram and stir for a minute or so. Now add the green chillies Slit, turmeric powder and curry leaves and stir well.
- Add the peanuts and fry for a minute. Now add a cup of water and salt to taste and then let it boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the oats and stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Oats cooked and can extinguish the flame.
- Add the lemon juice to the prepared oatmeal, mix well and serve hot.
b) Oats Idli
One of the best breakfast or dinner healthy recipes is the idli oats. This dish is high in fiber and is also very nutritious. You just need to use very little oil to prepare this dish and is an ideal choice for people looking to reduce oily food alternative.
- Avena – 1 cup
- curd – ½ cup
- Wheat Rava – ½ cup
- 1 cup mixed vegetables finely chopped of their choice
- Water 1 cup
- coriander leaves – 1 ½ tablespoon (finely chopped)
- Alka Seltzer Eno – ½ teaspoon
ingredients for tempering:
- olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Black Gram – 1 tablespoon
- Bengal Gram – 1 tablespoon
- mustard – ½ tablespoon
- Green Chiles – 2 we (finely chopped)
- Curry – 5-6
- in a nonstick skillet, roast dry oats 2 to 3 minutes. Allow to cool and then mixed in a blender for about one minute.
- In a skillet, add the oil and add the ingredients to the temple and saute for a minute or two. Once the ingredients turn brown, add finely chopped vegetables and coriander leaves and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the wheat rava to this mixture and stir-fry for another minute.
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl and add the ground oats, salt, rennet and water and mix well so that it becomes a idli batter consistency.
- Add eno fruit salt only when you are ready to make idlis.
- idli plates grease a little oil and pour the required amount of mixture in each of the plates.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook idli for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the oats idlis from pan and serve hot with tomato chutney.
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which is recommended by nutritionists and dieticians. The addition of tomato soup in your diet will help to reduce appetite and thus help reduce the overall weight. Tomatoes are known for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.