hugs have a way of making us feel warm and fuzzy inside. Besides making us feel protected and loved, this touching gesture can also do wonders for our welfare.
Hug therapy is certainly a powerful form of healing. Research shows that the embrace is extremely effective in curing the disease, sickness, loneliness, depression, anxiety and stress.
There is a saying by Virginia Satir, therapist respected family, “We need four hugs a day to survive. We need eight hugs a day for maintenance. We need twelve hugs a day for . growth “
therefore if it is a simple handshake, a hug or a bear hug cute -. There are plenty of reasons why we should embrace the act of, well, embracing someone
Here are seven reasons why we should embrace more.
1. The nutritional touch of a hug builds trust and a sense of security. This helps with open and honest communication.
2. Hugs instantly can boost oxytocin levels, feelings of loneliness, isolation and anger heal.
3. Holding a hug for a long time, raises one of the levels of serotonin, elevating mood and creating happiness.
4. Hugs strengthen the immune system. The gentle pressure on the active sternum the solar plexus chakra which stimulates the thymus gland, responsible for the body’s production of white blood cells that keep you healthy and free of disease
5. Hugs increases self-esteem.
6. Hugs relaxes muscles. Hugs release tension in the body. Hugs can remove the pain by increasing circulation to the soft tissues.
7. Embraces balance the nervous system. The answer someone receives and gives a hug shows a change in skin conductance. The effect suggests a more balanced state in the nervous system.
The simple fact is embracing such an incredible way to not only bond with others, but also increase your physical and emotional well-being, health.
(Source: Mindbodygreen )