head lice is a threat. Often you feel helpless when you see your children scratch their head tirelessly to find some peace with all the lice that make your daily routine into a nightmare! If you did not know, your child is suffering from pediculosis capitis, the medical term for an infestation with head lice. Let us know what these lice are and how to get rid of them?
What is head lice?
lice is the plural term for ‘louse’, the head louse! These lice are parasites, to be precise, which are obligate parasites. Now what does that mean? This means that these parasites survive through a human host. If you can not find a human host, they simply can not survive. Therefore, you do not have to worry about their pets because they can not be full of lice. Only children are at risk for head lice. This is not because the lice like target small humans, but because they can easily spread in children due to the reason that children play often and sit or study in close proximity to each other. They may not be as careful as adults can be and so they become easy targets for lice. Lice only has legs with the help of which crawl from one head to another head. They can even crawl on other surfaces like clothing, etc., to finally reach a critical point.
lice feed on human blood. Your children scratch their heads when these lice bite into the skin of your sensitive scalp. Lice also secrete a substance that helps block blood clotting. Obviously, if blood clots, then they would not be able to feed on blood!
Why is bad lice?
Because suck your blood! And because they make you scratch your head from time to time. You can not concentrate on their work. He feels embarrassed in public and always live in fear of being seen with head lice! If you are on the head of his son, because they could be bullied at school because they are not hygienic enough although lice infestation has nothing to do with cleanliness or hygiene. They only travel from one head to another. But once you are in your head or your children, become a nuisance for you. Therefore, lice are bad because they are a social threat. But this is not the only factor that causes bad lice. There are many other reasons as well.
- Lice causes severe itching
- Sometimes can cause allergic reactions too
- may also cause secondary infections, especially in children who keep scratching their heads
- Although head lice do not cause any disease, which can be difficult and uncomfortable
Why is it so difficult to get rid of head lice?
lice infestation occurs too quickly. A female louse lays 5-10 nits (lice eggs) every day. This means in its lifetime than a month, a female louse can lay 200-300 nits! That’s really bad news. Moreover, these nits or eggs hatch about 7 days lice and within 10-15 days, the larvae become an adult louse, ready to play further lice! If the steps to get rid of head lice is not taken quickly, not even you can imagine, aware of the problems of these lice can become for you. But stop, there is another obstacle. Lice is very difficult to get rid of, and you know why? Just have a look at the following factors:
- Lice have a firm grip can be called amazing! Small clutches of these microscopic parasites make them able to have a firm grip on his locks of hair and this makes it difficult to remove lice.
- They also have a high tolerance power. They can withstand such things as chlorinated water, shampoo, high temperatures, etc. In fact, they can survive immersion in up to six hours! So, now you should not wonder why lice do not disappear when swimming or take a shower!
- As if all this were not enough, lice can even block the airway. This does protect against airborne pesticides.
- And, thanks to rampant use of lice products, even these lice have become resistant to neurotoxins and chemicals used to treat head lice.
Now you know why you can not get rid of lice, even by regular use of all lice medicated shampoos and other products! The best way to get rid of these hard to kill lice is to block the holes of a louse. This stifles them. This can be done mechanically and physically. Now you know why the traditional method of killing lice squeezing between hard surfaces (most often nails!) It was so effective. But you can not expect yourself to sit and hunt and kill lice this way! You have better work to do! Therefore, you can rely on other ways to kill lice and get rid of them permanently.
What are the ways to get rid of lice?
There are many, in fact
- Over-the-counter medicated shampoos
- commercial treatments such as medicines against lice and other products (such as oils, dry powders , etc.)
- special combs to get rid of lice (there are also electric combs that claim to kill lice!)
- burning heat as by using a hair dryer (not lice can withstand the heat of 110F, but neither can do it!) be careful if you think about it!
- asphyxiation. fatty substances such as coconut oil and olive oil suffocate lice by blocking their airways.
- Home remedies for lice. Alternative treatments for lice may take time, but sometimes are more effective than quick fixes.
There are more reasons for not using pesticides laden counter products to get rid of lice.
Why you should not use commercial lice treatments?
They have neurotoxins in them. These neurotoxins in OTC and prescribed medicines against lice kill attacking their central nervous system. The chemicals used in these drugs lice are commonly used in pesticides garden. Some of these neurotoxins are even prohibited as pesticides! Obviously you do not want to expose yourself and your children to these harmful substances. Can lead to conditions such as:
- Asthma and other respiratory problems in children
- Serious side effects, such as seizures, stiff neck, lethargy, slurred speech, etc.
- Some of these substances have been linked to the risk of breast cancer
On top of it, because these drugs do not work effectively as well. Head lice have become resistant to these neurotoxins!
Therefore, it is best to stick to natural remedies to get rid of lice. One of many such resources is tea tree oil. It is, in fact, one of the best remedies for lice.
tea tree oil lice
tea tree oil is one of the most powerful essential oils with a lot of healing and healing benefits. It originated in Australia. The oil comes from the Melaleuca alternifolia plant called. The oil is extracted steamed leaves of this plant.
Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties. An important element of tea tree oil is Terpinen. This is a natural bacteria and fight very strong agent. You can repel head lice and prevents the growth of lice.
also contains anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral. All these properties make tea tree oil remedy powerful (but very safe) to kill head lice.
is tea tree oil lice cash?
The effectiveness of tea tree oil for head lice has not been fully established and is subject to debate. The research community has not yet reached a consensus on the elimination of head lice with tea tree oil.
While National Institutes of Health says that there is insufficient evidence on the effectiveness of oil tea tree, many health experts and researchers have concluded that the oil tea tree makes a effective head lice treatment. Some of the studies that say well presented.
Mayo Clinic Research
If we go by some of the early studies by the Mayo Clinic, oil tea tree has been found effective in the treatment of head lice. It can be used alone or can be mixed with other products to eliminate lice. However, the need for well-designed trials has also been expressed before making any firm conclusion.
Medical Center Langone Research
New York University Langone Medical Center also provided a report indicating be more effective in the treatment of head lice oil tea tree when It combined with lavender essential oil.
BMC Dermatology Study
A study conducted by BMC Dermatol compared the efficacy and safety of three pediculicidas topics. Louse is a chemical used to kill lice. The three three pediculicidas topics include:
- A louse containing tea tree oil (oil tea tree) and lavender oil
- A head lice product of “asphyxia “
- A product containing pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide
the study found high efficacy of the product oil tea tree / lavender oil and head lice” choking “as an alternative to the product of pyrethrins. Pyrethrins are insecticidal compounds.
International Journal of Dermatology
The International Journal of Dermatology published a comparative study of synthetic materials and botanicals in the treatment and prevention of head lice in school children. The study compared the tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender oil with synthetic material DEET. The combination of tea tree oil and lavender oil was found to be an effective repellent against lice. However, the study also indicated that none of the treatments were effective enough to endorse.
tree oil is effective tea?
on the basis of all the studies mentioned above, one can say that there is no official recognition in health centers for the use of tea tree oil for lice. However, most of the studies supported the use of tea tree oil as an alternative treatment for lice. It is relatively safe to be used by children as well as adults, compared with the use of pesticides and insecticides.
How to use tea tree oil for lice
You can use tea tree oil in many ways to treat head lice. The first thing you should know about tea tree oil is its strength. It is very strong and you should look for a carrier to use tea tree oil for lice. If you have sensitive skin, dilute the oil and use it on the scalp and hair. Any oil can be used as a carrier oil such as olive oil, coconut oil, etc. You can also use water to dilute the tea tree oil.
1. Apply tea tree oil to your scalp and hair
This is a very simple and direct method.
- tea tree oil 4-5 drops
- Water 1/2 cup
Do the following:
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to the water.
- Apply the mixture on the scalp and hair, massaging the scalp and hair gently.
- leave it overnight.
- Place a towel on the pillow when sleeping.
- Comb your hair the next morning to remove lice.
- Wash your hair with shampoo or just rinse your hair with warm water.
- Repeat 1-2 times a week for 3-4 weeks.
2. Oil head massage with tea tree oil
If oil is regularly applied to your hair before washing hair, add a few drops of tree oil tea oil for normal hair. Sesame oil is highly recommended to be used as a carrier oil. You can also add equal parts of sesame oil and coconut oil massage oil.
- Sesame oil / 2-4 tbsp coconut oil (or according to your hair length)
- Black pepper corns- 3-5
- tea tree oil 8-10 drops
Do the following:
- take equal parts sesame and coconut oil (or sesame oil as you prefer) and heat.
- Add 3 to 5 black peppercorns.
- Once the oil is hot, add up to 10 drops of tea tree oil to the hot mixture.
- Mix well and massage the scalp with the oil mixture.
- wrap your head with a towel and let stand for 1 hour.
- comb the hair after an hour and rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
This makes simple remedy effective treatment in the case of soft lice.
3. Use tea tree oil as a natural repellent for head lice
tea tree oil blends well with lavender essential oil. It acts as a natural repellent for head lice.
- tea tree oil 2 teaspoons
- lavender oil 1 teaspoon
- Water 1 / 2 cup -1
Do the following:
- Mix 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon lavender essential oil ( the ratio is 2: 1, tea tree oil / lavender essential oil)
- dilute solution in water and apply on hair.
- Alternatively, you can wet your hair and apply this solution on the scalp.
- Wrap the hair and let it stand for 30 minutes.
- hair rinse.
will not take much of your time and you can do it easily. You can use this every time you wash your hair.
4. The tea tree oil with olive oil to treat lice
Olive oil and kills lice suffocate, like coconut oil. If you have not used olive oil for hair, consider using at least once a week. Adding tea tree oil to olive oil makes an effective solution for the elimination of head lice.
- teaspoon olive oil 2-3
- Tea tree oil 4-5 drops
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil for two or three tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply on the scalp and hair. (Increase or decrease the amount proportionately, if necessary)
- Let the oil stay on the scalp for 30 to 60 minutes.
- wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- comb the hair to remove dead lice.
olive oil suits all hair types. It is neutral oil and soaking your hair in olive oil and mix tea tree oil will not cause cold or flu.
5. Tea tree oil shampoo for head lice
Although there are many shampoos available with tea tree oil as one of the main ingredients, mixing tea tree oil with your shampoo itself makes it more effective.
- Add 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to shampoo when you wash your hair every time.
- can also mix the tea tree oil to your regular shampoo. You can empty a container of tea tree oil (approximately 5 ml or 10 ml) in 100 ml of shampoo containers and mix well. Use the shampoo after 3 days to wash your hair.
can also mix the tea tree oil for hair conditioner you use.
6. Tea tree oil and alcohol lice
This is one of the lesser known remedies for lice and nits. Alcohol prevents lice suck blood and makes it Dozy (yes, like humans become drowsy after consuming alcohol). The addition of tea tree oil for alcohol kills nits and allows easy removal of lice.
- Alcohol 2 ounces (about 1/2 cup)
- oil 10-20 drops of tea tree
- Add the tea tree oil to alcohol.
- Mix the solution and fill it in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture all over the scalp and leave it overnight. (If you do not have on hand a spray bottle, soak a cotton ball and apply on the scalp)
- rinse hair with water the next morning.
Remember, the use of alcohol can dry the scalp and hair. Be sure to drink a lot of water or liquids and apply the hair oil after using alcohol.
Warning :. Pregnant women, mothers breastfeeding and women planning a pregnancy should not use oil tea tree
tea can cause hormonal changes in young men and lead to growth the breasts. Although not proven, best to avoid using tea tree oil for children.
tea tree oil is for topical application only and should not be ingested in any case. Also, rinse hair thoroughly. Repeat use of tea tree oil (any given solution above) for a minimum of 3 to 4 weeks, once or twice a week.
The tea tree oil nit
The removal of lice does not prevent reinfestation lice or nits hatching baby. It is not an easy thing to remove the nits attached to the hair. Tea tree oil is powerful enough to kill nits. However, you can not remove the nits from the hair. You must use a comb teeth clenched or special nit comb to remove nits. You can use tea tree oil in any method mentioned about to kill nits, along with lice.
How much oil tea tree should be used for removing head lice
While taking into account the use of oil tea tree to treat head lice, you may wonder about the right amount to use. tea tree oil is one of the very strong essential oils and therefore must be used with extreme caution. Do not use more than 5 to 10 drops diluted (with stand). Also, if the tea tree oil to shampoo or oil is mixed, the ratio should be 1: 5 (tea tree oil 1 part to 5 parts of oil or shampoo)
If you never used tea tree oil before, do a test before using it for the treatment of lice. Apply a drop of oil or tea tree oil diluted with water before applying it to your wrist and watch for any allergic reaction after a few hours. If you do not develop any allergic reaction, proceed with the use of tea tree oil to treat lice. It is recommended to wait 24 hours after making the patch test.
Tea Tree Oil Lice Prevention
tea tree oil can not only kill, but also prevent lice. Make a spray oil tea tree to be used daily for lice do not infest the head (or the head of your child!)
How to make oil tea tree lice prevention spray?
- Water according to requirement
- Tea tree oil 2-3 drops per ounce of water
- spray bottle
Do the following:
- fill your spray bottle with water, leaving some space at the top .
- Now add the tea tree oil to the water. Add 2-3 drops per ounce of water. 1 oz bottle is about 1/4 cup. Therefore, if 1/2 cup water is used, adding 4-6 drops of tea tree oil.
- cover the jar with a lid and shake well.
- Every day when you comb the hair or hair of their children after bathing, shake the bottle well and pour this solution on the hair.
Some more tips to prevent lice
- Avoid head to head contact.
- If you have long hair, keep your hair in a ponytail or braid.
- Do not share combs, brushes, hats, scarves, pillows, etc.
- Add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil for your hair products to prevent lice infestation.