headache, congestion, sinus pressure, facial pain, cough and fever are the miserable symptoms of a sinus infection.
The infection can be caused mainly by the virus but sometimes bacteria and fungi can also lead the way.
The sinuses are small cavities filled air in the skull and connected to the nasal airway. Humans have 4 pairs of sinus cavities.
The main role of the sinuses is to produce mucous and discharge bacteria, viruses, dust, allergens or contaminants through it. Whether by bacterial activity cold or other breast if the nose is blocked, can not meet the sinuses become inflamed mucous.
In order to get relief from this miserable situation, which rely on antibiotics and decongestants. But home remedies can provide safe and effective they results.
Apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil and honey are some of the ingredients that provide relief from sinus infection. However, in this article we will learn about tea tree oil for sinus infection in detail.
tea tree oil work for sinus infection?
Let’s take a look at the properties …
- tea tree oil contains antibacterial and antiviral properties that fight bacteria that cause sinusitis.
- A compound called Terpinen -4 ol is present in tea tree has antimicrobial properties that deal with all kinds of invaders sinus.
- contains anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling.
- Helps soothe the symptoms of sinus infection, for cold sinus pressure, stuffy nose, chest congestion and headache.
- Its antiseptic properties help to treat respiratory properties.
How to use tea tree oil for your sinus infection?
We have listed methods using tea tree oil in detail. You choose either their convenience and regularly try to relieve sinus infection.
1. tea tree oil
This process is the most effective way to infuse the sinus cavities and eliminate the infection form. Oil vapors loosen mucus in the sinuses and help drain. This clears the sinus cavity pressure and congestion.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil on the handkerchief or tissue paper.
- smell throughout the day for relief.
Process 2: steam tea tree oil
- Bring some water to boil.
- , remove from heat and add a few drops of tea tree oil to it.
- bend towards the container containing the boiling water, cover your head and the bowl with a towel and inhale the vapors leaving the boiling water.
- Repeat breathing for several minutes.
- Repeat two times a day. Do this process once before going to bed helps achieve a relaxed and uninterrupted sleep.
- Alternatively, you can add tea tree oil to vaporizer or humidifier to achieve the same results.
Process 3: with essential oils
- Bring some water to boil and remove from heat.
- Add 2 drops each of tea tree, oregano, mint, eucalyptus and basil essential oils in boiled water.
- curve to the infusion of water, cover your head with a towel and inhale the vapors from it.
- Repeat breathing for several minutes.
- Repeat two times a day.
- Alternatively, you can use lavender oil instead of eucalyptus oil.
Process 4: tea tree oil Balsam
- Take a little balm tea tree oil.
- rub gently over your nose and forehead.
- This helps to drain impurities from the nasal passages.
Process 5: For Stuffy
- To 1/2 teaspoon water add a few drops of tea tree oil.
- dip a Q-tip in this solution and clean the inside of the nose.
- is left for a few minutes.
- Repeat the process regularly.
Process 6: For sinus headache
- Dilute a few drops of tea tree oil in sufficient amounts of water.
- Using a cotton ball apply on the forehead.
- Leave it to dry completely and rinse his forehead.
- Always repeat experiencing sinus headache.
2. Tea tree oil with garlic
Allicin in garlic exhibits antifungal and antibacterial and antiviral properties that relieve sinusitis and its symptoms. This process is very effective in the treatment of sinus infection in toddlers and children rather than adults.
- Pour sufficient amounts of hot water in a large bowl.
- Add a few drops of each tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil.
- Crush 2 cloves of garlic and add it and mix well.
- curve to the solution, cover your head with a towel and inhale the vapors leaving the solution.
- Inhaling steam for a few minutes trapped mucus is cleared.
- Repeat regularly.
3. The tea tree oil with Neti
Neti pot is considered to be the most effective in clearing nasal passages form.
- Dilute a few drops of tea tree oil and 1 teaspoon sea salt in a glass of warm water.
- Pour the solution into a Neti pot.
- bent himself forward over the sink, tilt your head, place the Neti pot near a window of the nose and slowly pour the mixture into the nostril.
- . Note: Be sure to breathe with mouth while this process is done
- Make sure that the solution has to drain out the other nostril.
- Repeat the same with the other nostril.
- Repeat the process 2 times a day – once in the morning and before going to bed
- As an alternative, you can pour a dropper full of oil tea tree. a bottle of saline nasal and use this solution to rinse the sinuses.
4. The tea tree oil with lavender oil and chamomile oil
This process needs a diffuser that disperses the essential oils into the air and breathing becomes more comfortably. It is especially used if more than one family member suffers from sinusitis.
- Add. 3 – 5 drops each of tea tree oil, lavender oil and chamomile oil in 1/2 cup water
- Stir well and the mixture is poured into a diffuser.
- Then start the diffuser and continue as directed on the package diffuser.
- now it feels closer to the diffuser and breathe deeply to clear nasal congestion.
- Alternatively, you can use a combination of tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil and thyme oil for simple diffusion to get relief from sinusitis.
- For more effective results, you have to follow the same process regularly.
5. Tea Tree Oil Bath
- Fill the bathtub with warm water.
- Add. 12 – 15 drops each of tea tree oil, rose geranium and lemon essential oils in it
- Soaking itself whenever you want.
- periodic monitoring for quick results.
6. The tea tree oil with carrier oil
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil in 1 – 2 teaspoons of carrier oil
- Shake well and apply this on various pressure points on the face like each nostril in the temples, forehead, under the nose in the middle, at the beginning of each eyebrow, etc.
- massage gently for a few minutes and leave for a few minutes, covering her face with a hot washcloth.
- After the cloth cools, then wipe with a tissue.
- Make sure that you have to apply the oil carefully to avoid eye contact.
- Or you can also use body lotion instead of carrier oil and follow the same process.
- Repeat regularly.
7. The tea tree oil help hand pocket inhaler
- Combine 4 drops each of tea tree oil, pine oil, lavender , peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil in a small bowl.
- Place the inhaler of the wick into the bowl and let it sit for a few minutes to absorb all the liquid.
- Then insert the wick back into the inhaler and close the lid.
- This inhaler can be used up to 5 times daily.
8. The tree oil tea hot compress
- In a bowl, add 1 to 2 drops each of eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, oil pine, tea tree oil, peppermint oil and 1 cup warm water
- stir well and enjoy a washcloth in it.
- wring out the excess and place it on your face.
- Leave until until cool.
- Repeat the process as many times as possible.
- Note: Make sure the solution does not enter into his eyes. Unfortunately, if it occurs, immediately flush eyes.
- Alternatively, you can add a few drops of each oil of eucalyptus oil, goldenseal, the tea tree oil and rosemary oil to a cup of warm water. And repeating the same process.
9. The tea tree oil with apple cider vinegar
This process is useful for nasal congestion, sinus pressure and sinus infection.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and warm water.
- Add. 3 – 5 drops of tea tree oil to it and mix well
- curve to the solution, cover your head with a towel and inhale the vapors.
- Repeat regularly to clear the sinuses.
10. The tea tree oil with walnut
- Add 1 dropper every black walnut free alcohol and alcohol free Pau De Arco, 3 – 5. drops of tea tree oil and 1 teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of water
- mix well and pour this mixture into a jar.
- shake well and use this mixture to rinse your breast with the help of bulb syringe or neti pot.
- For more effective results, you have to follow the process for 2 -. 3 times a day
11. Tea Tree Oil Salt Solution
- Add 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt (or salt Himalaya) and 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil in 12 ounces of clean distilled water.
- is stirred well and poured into a 16 ounce jar.
- Use this solution for saline nasal spray to clear sinus congestion.
- Repeat regularly.
12. The tea tree oil for your sinus infection Child
If your child is suffering with sinus infection, then this process gives relief congestion and infection. It helps to relief without any hassle.
- Mix 1 – 2 drops of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon of neutral carrier oil (such as coconut oil, grapeseed oil or almond oil)
- gently rub the solution on the outside and bottom of the nostrils of their children by using a cotton swab.
- Follow the procedure initially to twice a day and later can be followed by a session of steam.
- Repeat regularly until getting relief from it.
Tips and Precautions:
- Avoid using tea tree oil if you are allergic to it.
- Using tea tree oil can irritate the mucous membranes of the throat and nose, so it is important to follow the instructions given above.
- The direct application of tea tree oil can lead to some side effects so always be sure to use diluted ones.
- avoid drinking tea tree oil as it is very toxic.
- using tea tree oil more than 4 weeks of time is not recommended.
- If not relieved within this time, consult a doctor.
- Remember methods of tea tree oil are not scientifically proven, but many people have gotten relief from sinus with him.
- avoid foods that trigger sinusitis.
- Eat a diet nutrition to boost your immune system.
- drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and flush out toxins from the body.
hope this article has provided sufficient information on tea tree oil for sinus infection. If you have questions of suggestions, write to us in the comments section. For more article on health, continue visiting our website.