heat a large pot over med heat with 2 tbsp olive oil. Add 2c al seitan cube, sear until well browned. Add the chopped 1 onion, cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Pour in 3.5 liters of broth vegetarian meat + 1 / 4c + red wine vinegar 2 tablespoons lemon juice; add shredded cabbage leaves 2.5c + 3c diced tomatoes chopped beet + 4c + 2 + laurel salt, pepper to taste. Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 2 hours.
You may be familiar with the portion of this cold soup. But let’s pretend we’re in Russia at the height of winter. Now hot soup not sound good right now?
tart and tasty, thick and sweet, is like a hug tasty, warm! Borscht enjoy this recipe vegan by high holidays or any time of year!
soup Borscht [Recipe]
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups (1 pound) seitan, cut into cubes 1 / 2-inch (use tofu or chopped portobello mushrooms as gluten-free options)
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 1/2 liters of vegetarian meat broth (with meat bullion vegan beef)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups cabbage, cored and shredded
- 3 cups ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups of beet, peeled and diced (TOPS reserved and chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups sour cream vegan
- 1/4 cup chopped dill (or more to taste)
- heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large pot.
- Add seitan into cubes and fry until golden brown.
- Add onion and cook until tender and translucent, about 2 minutes
- Pour broth, vinegar and lemon juice .; add cabbage, tomato, diced beets, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until seitan and beets are tender, about 2 hours.
- beet greens Stir in the beetroot soup and simmer another 15 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with a generous dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of dill.