rows oral cancer in the top three of all cancers in India representing more than thirty percent of all reported in the fight against the country cancer cancers and oral, it is rapidly becoming a priority global health. Dentists to detect early warning signs and symptoms of oral cancer during their regular follow-up appointments, but it is also important to recognize these signs of oral cancer so you can take them to the attention of your dentist immediately.
his mouth, tongue and throat can give you an indication that something needs your attention.
Let’s take a look at the first signs of oral cancer. And because early detection is essential to overcome this disease, you need to visit your doctor immediately if any of the following symptoms persist for more than two weeks
symptoms of oral / mouth cancer
ulcers that do not heal
a broken area of skin (ulcers) no cure is one of the most common symptoms of oral cancer. This is not always painful.
persistent discomfort or pain in the mouth
Continued pain or discomfort in the mouth is another common symptom of oral cancer.
white or red patches in the mouth or throat
A patch of abnormal appearance in the mouth could be a symptom of oral cancer or precancerous changes.
oral cancer can cause pain or a burning sensation when chewing and swallowing food . Or you may feel that your food is stuck in the throat. Difficulty swallowing can also be caused by other conditions such as a harmless narrowing of the food pipe (esophagus). If you have this symptom is important to visit your doctor for treatment.
cancer in the mouth or throat can affect your voice. His voice may sound different . It may be quieter, hoarse, or sound as if you have a cold all the time. Or you can drag some of his words or have trouble pronouncing some sounds.
A lump in the neck
You may have a lump in the neck caused by an enlarged lymph node . Inflammation of one or more lymph nodes in the neck is a common symptom of oral (mouth and oropharynx cancer.
A hot, red, painful lump elevation usually means an infection rather than cancer. tumors that come and go are not usually due to either cancer. cancer usually forms a lump that gradually gets bigger .
weight loss is a common symptom of many cancers. with the mouth or oropharyngeal cancer, you can eat less because of pain in the mouth or because it is difficult to swallow. extreme weight loss can be a sign of advanced cancer . Consult your doctor if you have lost 10 pounds or more in a short period of time and is not a diet.
bad breath (halitosis)
most people have bad breath at some point in their life and it is not a symptom of oral cancer. But if you have cancer, bad breath can be worse and happen more often because of their illness.
Some other symptoms of oral cancer:
- A lump or thickening in the lip
- a lump in the mouth or throat
- unusual bleeding or numbness in the mouth
- loose teeth without apparent reason
- Difficulty moving the jaw
What can I do to prevent oral cancer?
- If you drink a lot of alcohol, your risk jumps even higher. excessive alcohol consumption itself increases the risk of mouth cancer, but when combined with smoking that packs a double whammy. If you stop smoking and cut way back on their consumption of alcohol, it has reduced the risk of oral cancer greatly.
- cancer lips can be the result of too much sun exposure . If you will be exposed to the sun, use a lip balm with sunscreen and wear a hat. The risk of lip cancer also increases with – you guessed -. smoking
- Some types of human papillomavirus (HPV) can infect the mouth and throat. These viruses are transmitted through sexual contact. HPV infection is related to cancer in the base of the tongue, the back of the throat, tonsils and soft palate.
- Finally, one of the best things you can do to prevent oral cancer is visit your dentist regularly . They can detect any suspicious skin changes in the mouth before they become a huge problem. Eating a balanced diet is important too. Some studies say that risk of developing oral cancer increases if your daily diet plan does not include fruits and vegetables .
Oral cancer is serious. Arm yourself with the warning signs, keep a sharp look at the symptoms of oral cancer, have regular checkups, avoid snuff and other risk factors, and has an excellent opportunity to completely avoid.
Feel share their doubts and problems related to oral problems in the comments section and share the information with your family and friends to keep them miles away from oral cancer.