Currently, there are more and more people suffer from insomnia. Insomnia is a sleep disorder that is characterized by difficulty falling or staying asleep at night even though you actually have the opportunity to sleep. Due to lack of sleep, insomnia can cause daytime sleepiness, fatigue and feeling unwell, both physically and psychologically.
A group of researchers conducted a laboratory-based study involving dozens of people suffering from chronic insomnia and found that this problem can affect daily performance and hypertension. It can raise blood pressure and increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.
12 bad habits you need to avoid if you suffer from insomnia
If you suffer from insomnia, there are certain habits that should be avoided to eliminate this problem. Below you can find 12 habit to be avoided if you suffer from insomnia.
- Do not drink water before going to bed. Drink plenty of water before going to bed will wake up around 3 times at night. Visit the bathroom several times during the night can be a sufficient reason to be watchful.
- Avoid napping during the day. Train your body to have a good sleep routine of going to bed to go to bed the same time each day. This will help your brain to prepare for the “lock” and help you fall asleep quickly.
- Keep your mobile phone and tables away from you side. If the devices around you are connected, there will be more chances for you to reach them and spend another hour or texting navigation. Therefore, avoid using electronic devices before bedtime. The light radiates from the device will affect your brain and make it harder to sleep immediately.
- Would you like to read books? Well .. That’s a good habit that will surely help you expand your knowledge. But if you want to avoid insomnia, it is necessary to avoid reading the book before going to bed. Instead, you can read in the afternoon.
- Do not use an alarm clock in bright light. Although this type of alarm will make it easier for you to check the time, light bother and affect your brain, in doing so, the “close”.
- Choose a high-quality mattress of his bed. Poor quality mattress can make you have a hard time sleeping like a baby.
- Avoid taking dinner at least 2 hours before bedtime. full heavy meal will make your stomach and keep you awake longer than you would like.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise energizes your body and help you wake up fresh. Remember that exercise should not be done within 3 hours before bedtime.
- Keep your feet warm. Cover it with a blanket or put on your socks. Some people may have cold feet and contribute to the difficulty in falling asleep.
- Do some bedtime routine. bedtime routine can be something like going to the bathroom, wash your face and brush your teeth. These activities will prepare your brain to sleep and help get a good night’s sleep.
- Would you like coffee? It may be a good choice for your energy after day. But avoid drinking coffee at least 4 hours before bedtime if you do not want to stay up all night.
- pay attention to your sleeping posture. Sleeping with the correct posture can help you have better sleep and avoid back pain or neck pain the next morning. Avoid sleeping on your stomach as this is the worst position to sleep.
If you can successfully implement the 12 habits, you will be able to get rid of your insomnia and can perform at their best again in the day.
The suffer from insomnia? Avoid these 12 dangerous sleep habits first appeared in Healthy Food Star .