As the latest statistics show, some medical experts say that strokes are the leading cause disability in adults and 4 ap leading cause of death in the United States. It is “stroke” that occurs when blood flow to part of the brain is interrupted. Today, we will talk about stroke, how to protect yourself and the most common warning signs. First, you need to know that there are two main types of stroke: ischemic and hemorrhagic. Hemorrhagic strokes are less common and are caused by bleeding in the brain. Ischemic strokes are more common and are caused by a narrowing or blockage of the arteries to the brain, resulting in severe reduction of blood flow.
you need to know that it is very important to identify the warning signs of stroke and get medical help immediately in order to reduce the risk of serious brain damage. This could help reduce the risk of death or disabilities and to improve their chances of recovery. There are medical experts who say that the signs and symptoms may vary from person to person, depending on the type of the race, the part of the brain that is affected and the extent of the damage. However, they all tend to start suddenly.
signals common warning stroke
- difficulty speaking and understanding others problems speaking
- Problem walking, loss of balance or coordination
- the numbness in the arm, leg or face, especially on one side of the body
in order to help to recognize the onset of a stroke, remember the FAST acronym.
- face -ASK the affected person to smile and see if one side of your face is tilted.
- arms -ASK the person to raise both of his arms and see if any of them drift down.
- Address -ASK the person to repeat a simple phrase and see if his speech is strange or suspension.
- Time – this is very important for you to remember: every minute counts. If any of these signs are observed, it is necessary to call an ambulance immediately. Also, some treatments for stroke only if administered within 3 to 4 hours of the onset of symptoms.
Some other signs and symptoms include:
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- complete paralysis
- severe headache sudden with no known cause
We must remember that attacks quick stroke and symptoms appear so sudden. Therefore, if you have one or more warning signs of a stroke, for more than a couple of minutes, do not wait for symptoms improve or worsen. You should seek medical help immediately. It is much better to call an ambulance to drive yourself or let someone drive you to the nearest hospital. In the ambulance, medical personnel start treatment to save life on the road.
also you have to go to hospital, even if the symptoms occur for a while and then disappear. These brief episodes are identified as a transient ischemic attack (TIA) and can be put at a higher risk of a full career in the very near future.
subtle differences between the symptoms of migraine and stroke
Medical experts say that sometimes a stroke or TIA symptoms can be confused with symptoms of migraine aura. In such cases, you should remember:
- Symptoms of a stroke or TIA are unexpected, while migraine aura symptoms develop slowly and then intensify and spread.
- Symptoms of migraine tend to be positive and are experiencing additional stimulus, like seeing zigzag shapes and flashing lights. Moreover, symptoms of TIA or stroke usually begin with negative symptoms, such as loss of vision, feeling, hearing, or the power of the extremities.
As we said before, stroke can affect anyone at any time. These are the factors that can increase the risk
- High blood pressure
- Age 55 years or more
- Other conditions such as heart disease, blood diseases and atrial fibrillation
- family history
- migraines with aura, or visual disturbances
therefore, in order to prevent or delay stroke it is very important to control risk factors. Also, you should eat a healthy diet that is rich in various fruits, vegetables and whole grains, and you have to exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight.