I’m grateful that often do not get sick, but when we do, it is usually runny nose cough and mild form of the disease (or just seasonal allergies). I use my natural remedies to help speed recovery, but inevitably, at least one of the children will end up with a sore, red nose wiping too often.
had heard Always rub Vaseline on dry nose, cracked, but I’m not a big fan of Vaseline (more on that in another post) and wanted a better option.
Indeed, several bulk ingredients always keep on hand, like Shea Butter and coconut oil works beautifully on its own for chapped noses but I wanted to create something with beeswax, which would also help protect the skin against future abuses kleenex.
sore nose Balm Recipe
to make it simple, you can use shea butter or coconut oil just to ease the pain of the nose. A pre-made cap lips as my classic recipe also works, but I do not like the use of containers of lip balms for this since some of the / General wickedness of bacteria / snot it could be left in the balm , so that the tube need all to be expelled after the illness has passed.
This balm in a small metal tin solves both problems. It is free Vaseline, not in a single-use tube and combine all ingredients with soothing and protective herbs for an extra boost.
I added an additional but optional step of infusing the oil with dried herbs I use in my healing salve to give this additional properties soothing balm to nourish the skin. You can leave out this step, but I highly
Infusion of herbal oils :.
I keep some of this oil-based coconut infused herbs (or olive oil) on hand for recipes like this. You will need:
Place the oil in a double boiler. If the use of coconut oil, oil melt first. Add herbs. Simmer for 3-4 hours or until the oil has acquired a green herbs. Be careful not to have the heat too high or drop too long.
If hot enough, you can also just put the herbs in the oil in a glass bottle air tight and leave for 2-3 weeks. This works best under direct sunlight and will not be possible at all times.
Once you infuse the oil with herbs (if you are), you’re ready to make a balm. You will also need:
- shea butter – soothe and protect the skin with healthy vitamins and acids
- Beeswax – protects the skin from further damage
- Melt all ingredients in a double boiler or small glass bowl over a pot little water.
- Stir well and pour into ramekins or small glass jar. You can double or triple the recipe if desired
- Pour into containers, cans or a small glass jar
- To use: .. Scrape a small amount with a spoon or clean nail and apply the skin around the nose. To avoid contamination, do not reuse the same spoon or finger until it has been washed.
- Use as needed until the redness and pain is gone.
What is used to soothe sore noses? Share below!