by ago 28 views 0
all suffered from dry, chapped lips from time to time, especially since, adverse environmental kicks cold. The reason why this happens is as simple as the solution to the problem, just change some habits and choose products and remedies proper care of lips.
The medical director of Dermpath Diagnostics in Dallas, dermatologist Clay J. Cockerell of, MD says that “ There are several different things that can cause chapped lips. Most times it is simply caused by dryness . “the main causes of this uncomfortable condition usually are the outdoor elements, such as wind and cold.
Although this is the most common factor, sometimes there are some of the most serious causes for persistent chapped lips as:
- Sun damage to the lips that has become a precancerous condition
- inflammatory skin disease
If even after using products appropriate lip care chapped lips the problem persists, Dr. Cockerell urges everyone to consult a dermatologist and discover the root cause of the problem.
Breaking the habit chapped lips
The following tips will help in the treatment and prevention of chapped lips:
- Stay hydrated. chapped lips can occur as a result of the lack of water in the body, which means that you should increase your intake of water to stay hydrated and avoid the problem before it happens.
- Use lip products with sun protection factor (SPF). They protect lips from the sun’s rays, which can lead to chapped lips.
- No lip-licking. Dry lips can urge people to lick shake the feeling of dryness. However, this habit may actually make things worse and get into a vicious circle without end. Fight the urge to lick your lips and apply some lip balm instead.
- do not exfoliate. Exfoliation can make even more uncomfortable dry lips so it is not recommended. The lip skin regenerates itself over time.
The right to choose cracked lip product
is best to use a basic lip balm, petroleum jelly or paraffin base, which can keep moisture in the lips, protect them from the elements, and give them time to heal. This is the main ingredient in products for “medicinal” also lips. Cockerell says “ My recommendation is to put Vaseline Intensive Therapy lips or lip balm frequently throughout the day ,” adding that it must also choose one with sunscreen. “ Your skin will return to normal over a period of time .”
If you frequently suffer from chapped lips that should not go through your medicine cabinet at the first signs of the disease. Try the following tips to prevent and alleviate the situation
- antibiotic ointment. “ You probably do not need this unless you have an infection ,” says Cockerell. He adds that if you suspect that your lips are infected it is best to consult a doctor to determine the best course of treatment rather than try self-medication.
- Zinc oxide. says “ This is primarily a sunscreen. It will not treat chapped lips, but it will help prevent sun damage “.
- hydrocortisone. Cockerell warns that this steroid cream “ may cause a problem with thinning of the skin around the mouth and the development of an acne condition “. “ hydrocortisone or steroids Do not overdo it.”
- “natural” products. All these products as beeswax, shea butter, lanolin, coconut oil Mentholatum and are recommended for lip care, but should be vary when using it, since they can lead to allergies and make his dry, chapped lips worse.