congestion in the chest! It is essentially a condition associated with the heart, but a symptom that indicates infection in the respiratory system, heart disease or simply an indication of common cold. Experience a feeling of tightness or hardness or the extra pressure in the chest when breathing is considered as chest congestion.
chest congestion and infection of the respiratory system
chest congestion is very similar to a blocked or stuffy nose. It is characterized by the accumulation of mucus in the lower respiratory system, as well as inflammation of the airways. It occurs due to excessive accumulation of mucus in the lungs and airways, inflammation and irritation of the respiratory tube (which may occur due to a bacterial viral infection) dust and seasonal allergies affecting mucous membranes.
The nasal route becomes stuffy and congested due to cold and infection, affecting normal breathing. Similarly, the chest is congested due to cold and infection, which also leads to a breathing problem.
Common causes of chest congestion
Some of the common causes of chest congestion include the following:
- Common cold
- infection in the airways or lungs
- viral and bacterial infection
- excessive accumulation of fluid in the lungs
Other causes of chest congestion
Anything that affects the mucous membranes leads to chest congestion. chest congestion is also caused due to heart-related conditions. chest congestion may require emergency medical intervention to save the life in some other cases as well. It involves a kind of blockage in the flow of air to the lungs. poor oxygen supply can be life threatening.
Other causes of chest congestion that are not associated with respiratory problems include the following:
- acid / GERD reflux
- pulmonary edema (swelling or inflammation organ / cells / tissue)
- heart disease
- airborne allergies
- cystic fibrosis
chest congestion is experienced even children and children. Although it is not a major problem to worry much if it is accompanied by a cold or respiratory problem, finding remedies to relieve chest congestion it is essential.
The most common cause of chest congestion is common cold. Be sure to follow proper remedies to get rid of the cold immediately to avoid chest congestion.
Dealing with chest congestion
If untreated, chest congestion can worsen over time and affect your breathing. To get relief from chest congestion, you should know certain facts. The following are some things that can help with the relief of chest congestion.
say yes to Expectorante
The cough can affect your daily routine and even block your dream. You can like it or not, expectorants help remove phlegm from your body and provide relief from chest congestion. Expectorants loosen mucus and clears. The following are some of the natural expectorants you can try to get rid of chest congestion
A miracle ingredient provided by Mother Nature has amazing healing properties. The headquarters of the airways irritated and loosens all those phlegm in the chest. Consume no more than two teaspoons of honey, for no more than twice daily. Avoid feeding honey to infants and young children less than two years.
inhaling the scent of herbs exciting
Just inhale herbs such as eucalyptus, rosemary, mint, sage, thyme, chamomile, etc. to get rid of the cough. You can also inhale the scent of essential oils based on these herbs. Simply apply 2-3 drops of essential oil on a clean cloth and inhale its aroma. You can also add a few drops of essential oils or herbs themselves to heat water and inhale the aroma steam to get rid of chest congestion.
expectorants can also buy some over-the-counter. However, it is not safe to administer counter drugs for children suffering from chest congestion.
Avoid cough suppressant
Cough suppressants can help get a deep sleep for a while but that worsen the condition of chest congestion in the long run. When you have a congested chest, coughing is normal. It is to help expel all cough that has accumulated in the chest. Therefore, try to cough up more mucus to expel more and get relief from chest congestion. The above remedy is to use good expectorant cough to expel. If your cough fussed simply chewing cough drops.
Poha – A sure way to suppress cough
Poha is flattened rice, also called beaten rice. It is a husked rice which is flattened in flat light dry flakes and is widely used in India for many tasty dishes. Poha is also a natural relaxant cough. irritation and coughing is reduced and does not allow the accumulation of mucus in the chest region.
Take a handful of Poha and keep it inside the mouth, in either (or both) side of the cheek. Do not chew or swallow. Let Poha stay inside their cheeks and swallow the juice of its secrets in the mouth. This is the simple home remedy to suppress the natural cough.
Try to stay relaxed
Do not panic when you feel congested. Remove tight clothing and wear loose comfortable clothing. Breathe deeply and get some fresh air.
drain the mucus elevation
Do not lie flat on your back. Keep the upper body and head elevated to help drain the mucus from the chest. When you sleep at night, keep your head and chest elevated. the accumulation of a night of mucus and chest congestion is avoided.
Gargle with warm salt water
Gargling is not something that everyone loves to try. However, it is one of the easiest to clear mucus from the airways and lungs methods, which provides relief from chest congestion. mucus that clogs the nasal route and provides relief from nasal congestion is also broken.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and a pinch of turmeric powder in a glass of warm water, dissolve well.
- Take a sip and gargle for a minute or two.
- Trying to swish the water and bring it to the throat as far as possible.
- Do not swallow water, you may vomit.
- Keep gargle until the water in the finished glass.
- Do it 3 or 4 times a day. You will find good relief of chest congestion quickly.
take a hot shower
If you feel congested, take a hot shower, despite maintaining water temperature tolerable. Let the hot water and steam flow directly into the chest and upper body.
simple home remedies for chest congestion relief
To get relief from chest congestion, you should remove mucus / accumulated phlegm and deposited in the area chest. You should loosen mucus and gradually remove it from chest region. You can effortlessly get rid of chest congestion by trying any of these home remedies.
The basic remedy for relieving chest congestion is hot liquids. The following are some simple methods that you can try to relieve chest congestion.
1. Drink hot water frequently
Even if you do not feel thirsty, drink a glass of warm water (read! Hot) water every hour or two. Hot water dissolves thick mucus that causes chest congestion. You should also drink more water (hot tap water and not one!) To remove phlegm. Drinking more water helps the thinner cough is easier for the body to expel.
2. Onions for Chest Congestion Relief
Onion is one of the overlooked remedies for relief chest congestion. It contains quercetin and sulfur, which help loosen and clear mucus from your chest, ease breathing and provide relief from chest congestion. You can eat onions in many ways.
- eat 3 or 4 raw shallots (small onions). It will be difficult to eat raw shallots, however, try and find relief. (This is one of the effective remedies for chest congestion can try before going to sleep)
- Saute chopped onion in a few drops of cooking oil and consume it.
- Shredded raw onion and extract juice from fresh onion. Add 1 teaspoon of honey, a few drops of fresh lemon juice and half a glass of water, consume immediately.
Ginger is the most sought after ingredient for many health problems. Ginger can cure chest congestion caused by other conditions. If it is caused by the accumulation of cold or mucus, gastric reflux or indigestion, inflammation of the mucous membrane or allergy, you can find relief from chest congestion when ginger is consumed.
For chest congestion, you can use ginger in many ways.
4. Ginger and honey mixture of
You can simply grind the raw ginger, add honey and consume. (Do not take more than two teaspoons of ginger and honey mixture)
The ginger and honey tea
- crush the raw ginger and add to boiling water.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and consume.
dried ginger paste
can apply the paste of dry ginger in the chest to get rid of chest congestion.
- If you have dry ginger powder, just add water and make an aqueous paste, applied to the chest. Wash when dry completely.
- If you have dried ginger rhizome, rubbing the rhizome on a wet stone and remove the pulp. Apply the paste on the chest.
If the paste dried ginger is irritated, remove immediately with warm water.
5. A bowl of chicken soup
Chicken soup is one of the most common remedies for relief chest congestion. Drink hot soup breaks through the mucus and reduces inflammation in the chest region and lungs. Use the black pepper chicken soup to host the airways and accelerates the process of removing mucus.
6. hot lemon juice
Lemon is rich in vitamin C, which builds the body’s immunity. Helps prevent bacterial infection and accumulated in the chest region loosens mucus. Add the juice glass of cool to hot or warm lemon, grated lemon peel (which contains more nutrients than lemon juice itself), and hot drink.
7. Garlic and lemon soup
Vegans can try the garlic soup and lemon to get rid of chest congestion. Both garlic and lemon contain anti-inflammatory and helps in relieving chest congestion properties.
- two to three lemons
- 5-6 garlic pods
- Two cups water
- pinch of salt or as needed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
If you have vegetable broth, you can add instead of water.
Do the following:
- Boil two cups of water (or vegetable broth) and add the peeled garlic and crushed into the boiling water.
- Let boil water for 3 to 5 minutes (You can also add fresh garlic paste).
- Add salt and pepper.
- Remove the liquid from the flame and add the lemon juice to the hot soup. (Do not add lime when the water is boiling).
- Mix well and drink immediately.
you will find immediate relief from chest congestion.
8. Eat Parsley
Parsley also known as coriander or cilantro contains a lot of healing power. Eating fresh parsley leaves breaks the accumulated mucus. Eating parsley releases antihistamines in the body, which naturally fight infections caused by allergens and clears phlegm.
9. Eating and savor the aroma of fennel seeds
Fennel seeds come handy to help you get relief from discomfort upset. It is also one of the spices herbs that you can use to get rid of chest congestion.
- Chew fennel seeds raw.
- Soak the fennel seeds in a glass of hot water, consume after 15 minutes.
- dry roasted fennel seeds and inhale the aroma of fennel.
10. Milk gold for chest congestion Relieves
Turmeric is a wonder ingredient! It has numerous healing and curative properties. In ancient times, people in Asian countries used to heat the dry rhizome of turmeric and inhale the smoke. Cold, cough, infections, chest congestion and most respiratory problems may find a cure turmeric.
This simple recipe can help you sleep tight and no chest congestion.
gold Milk is nothing but turmeric milk.
11. Milk Recipe gold for relieving chest congestion
- A glass of milk
- One or two teaspoons of turmeric powder
- A pod of cardamom
- One or two teaspoons of jaggery
Do the following:
- Boil milk and add one or two teaspoons of turmeric powder.
- Add sugar palm (without white sugar please!)
- Since the flavor of turmeric powder can have a slightly strange taste, you can add a pinch of cardamom or a pod of cardamom.
- hot or warm drink.
Licorice is one of the most popular herbs widely used in Ayurvedic remedies. It heals a lot of health problems. Licorice reduces inflammation of the lungs and relieves irritation of the throat. Licorice is also an expectorant. Just put a piece of licorice in boiling water and drink.
Remember, licorice is a very powerful herb. regular consumption of licorice is not recommended. Therefore, eating little and infrequently.
In reviewing the above solutions for chest congestion, is most remedies are liquid and drinks. drink liquids loose phlegm and reduces inflammation.
avoid foods that lead to inflammation, such as the accumulation of mucus, dairy products, sugar and high-carbohydrate foods, salty foods, processed foods, etc.
Decongestant balm Chest Congestion Relief
Here are three simple decongestants balms are presented for the relief of chest congestion can be done in home to get immediate relief.
13. DIY Herbal balm Decongest chest congestion
This is a very simple process and requires only a few ingredients who regularly use at home.
Coconut oil – easily absorbed into the skin
Eucalyptus oil – blocks relief of nasal route and respiratory tube
Camphor – has been used to relieve chest congestion for ages, loosens mucus, reduces inflammation, etc.
- oil ½ cup coconut
- A few drops of eucalyptus oil
- A few drops of peppermint oil (optional)
- few pieces of camphor
Do the following:
- coconut oil heated in a water bath
- once the oil starts to boil, remove from heat.
- Add up to 10 drops of eucalyptus oil and 5 drops of oil pepper mill to hot oil.
- Add camphor and mix well.
- pour the oil into a cosmetics jar and refrigerate.
- Let harden the oil mixture in the refrigerator (not frozen)
- Apply the ointment on the chest whenever you feel any discomfort breathing and suffers from chest congestion.
You can use this ointment for about 6 months.
14. Betel leaves for chest congestion
One of the popular remedies for relief of chest congestion is betel leaves . Consumption of betel leaves after the meal is a custom in many cultures. It has many healing properties. betel leaves contain essential oils. It has an anti-inflammatory and anti-septic element called phenol, which can provide quick relief from chest congestion. betel leaves also provide relief from congestion caused by acid reflux.
Boil betel leaves in hot water and drink.
may be applied hot betel leaves on the chest.
- Applying mustard oil or sesame oil on betel leaves and heat in a pan (like the roast something)
- Place the warm (not hot ) left chest. Repeat for 2 to 3 minutes.
Alternatively, chop or grind the betel leaves and add in a cup of mustard oil. Heat the oil and apply it on the chest for quick relief of chest congestion.
15. mustard plaster for chest congestion
mustard is one of the primary remedies used for heartburn, indigestion, reflux acid, and other related conditions associated with the stomach that can lead to chest congestion, heavy stomach and bloating. You can use the mustard plaster for relief of chest congestion.
This recipe clears the mucus from the lungs, treats respiratory infections and clears chest and airway.
- three to five teaspoons mustard seeds powder
- 1 cup flour
- olive oil
- A cloth clean muslin
Do the following:
- powder mustard seeds
- mix the powder and flour
- Add water and turn it into a runny paste
- spread the mixture on the muslin.
- Apply olive oil to the chest area where you will place the plaster.
- Place the mustard plaster on his chest.
- remove it after an hour.
Remember, mustard is very hot and can irritate the skin. Therefore, if you feel any discomfort after applying mustard poultice, just remove immediately and wash your chest with running water.
Pressure points for Chest Congestion Relief
- Gently massage the chest. It stimulates the muscles and relaxes the airways, eliminating mucus and helps decongestion.
- Get a massage on the upper back. upper back is connected to the heart and lungs. The upper back massage can provide relief from chest congestion.
- Rub the shoulder joints to the armpits, on both sides, for 3 to 5 minutes. It has lung important point. Rubbing this region opens the lungs, clears congestion and helps breathe easy.
- Smoking aggravates chest congestion. Therefore, do not smoke and not be exposed to secondhand smoke as well.
- treat all respiratory problems and infections immediately to avoid chest congestion.
- Follow deep breathing exercises every day to improve the functions of the lungs.
- Use a menthol rub in the chest.
- Avoid fatty foods, oily.
- identify the cause of chest congestion for an appropriate solution.
Some quick tips to control and prevent chest congestion
Relief chest congestion in infants and children
chest congestion makes breathing difficult in infants and young children. OTC medications are not safe for children. Although home remedies act as savior, just make sure you do not try everything under the same roof. You can not try home remedies or feed the liquids mentioned above for relieving chest congestion in children.
- Let the baby inhale some steam. Pour hot water into a bowl and let the baby inhale the steam. The boy is coughing mucus when congestion is loosened.
- Apply massage based on the child menthol for immediate relief of chest congestion chest.
- Use an air humidifier to relieve chest congestion.
- feed your child with plenty of liquid foods such as soups, sauces, etc.
- Gently tap the back and the baby’s chest.
When to seek medical attention for chest congestion relief
If the condition does not improve even after trying home remedies and persists or worsens after 3 or 4 days, you should seek medical attention and appropriate treatment. Your doctor may prescribe antibiotics and pills decongestion. You can also ask your doctor about the use of inhalers for decongestion.
Most home remedies above helps relieve chest congestion caused by a respiratory problem, and stomach problems. However, when it is a sign of heart disease, you may need a diagnosis and appropriate treatment for chest congestion.