See How to make your own coconut milk!
Coconuts are very nutritious and that are rich in magnesium, selenium, iron, potassium, vitamins C and B6, which is enough to make a part of your daily menu and not only used for desserts reason.
If you are allergic to dairy products, are fasting, they want to consume healthy fats, or simply are in need of a refreshing drink that is a great addition to various cocktails and desserts, then suggest you a delicious coconut milk is prepared. Coconut milk can not be found in stores, but coconut flour is much more readily available, and you know what :. you can make large amounts of coconut milk in a small amount of coconut flour
- 2 cups grated coconut dried ( coconut flakes)
- 4 cups warm water
- vanilla extract and honey (optional)
- Pour water into a pot and heat. Do not boil.
- Add the coconut flakes for hot water and the fire goes out. Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the mixture in a blender, and if it is hot, remove the top of the blender. Mix well for at least 1 minute.
- Strain the liquid obtained first through a mesh strainer and then through cheesecloth and press well to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- You can keep your coconut milk in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Because it does not contain any preservatives, an oily crust can form on the surface, but this is nothing to worry about. Shake well before use.
- The oily crust is, in fact, coconut cream, you can get every day and store in a small jar or other container. It can be used as an addition to ice cream, creams and toppings cake, and other desserts.