Japanese doctors have shown that if children have enough vitamin D your risk of flu can be reduced by 50%.
According to the American Journal of Research of Clinical Nutrition, Vitamin D, which is naturally created by the body when exposed to direct sunlight, costs little, has no major side effects, and can be a few times more effective than the antiviral medication or vaccines.
In a clinical trial, only one in ten children from 6-15 years old, who took the experienced flu sunshine vitamin compared to one in five children who took a tablet. Moreover, the Japanese doctor, Mitsuyoshi Urashima, leading the trial, told The Times that vitamin D was more powerful than the shots when it comes to preventing the flu.
What’s more, vitamin D has proven to be even more powerful when comparing left out children who have already received additional vitamin D outside the hearing.
It has been publicly stated by Dr. Damien Downing, a medical consultant and physician governments such as epidemics such as the ability to impose its will.
Believe it or not, there are a large number of physicians in the US and Canada, prescription much as 50,000 IU of vitamin D daily in the treatment of various chronic diseases.
According to Dr. John Cannell, at the first sign of a cold or flu, high doses of vitamin D, ie, 50,000 IU, it should be three days. But if you suffer an infection, you need to take more vitamin D. That is, vitamin D actually serves as a strong natural antibiotic, fighting each type of microbe, such as fungi, viruses, parasites and bacteria.
In the winter months, especially in those countries that are north of Ecuador, vitamin D deficiency is a common problem experienced. This vitamin is vital because it acts as an immune system modulator, prevents excessive production of inflammatory cytokines and enhances macrophage activity. In addition, vitamin D can also increase the production of strong antimicrobial peptides in epithelial cells lining the respiratory tract as well as other white blood cells and thus preventing lung infection.
Use of vitamin D results in 50% lower Infections flu
To explain to stop for 354 children participated in the trial. It has been shown that vitamin D may protect against influenza A, while it is not as beneficial for less commonly experienced influenza B.
In addition, scientists and doctors at the School of the University of Tokyo Jikei Medical and fully carried out scientifically controlled trial, which was double-blind, randomized.
Specifically, the children took 1,200 IU of vitamin D daily within 3 months. Moreover, participants in the group taking vitamin got sick as often as children who took the dummy pill in the first month. However, in the second month, the vitamin D level was higher, so the advantage of vitamin was clear.
According to Japanese scientists, writing in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, the drugs antiviral: oseltamivir and zanamivir reduce the risk of influenza infection by 8% in children who have been exposed to infection compared with a 50% or greater reduction of vitamin D.
Anti-viral is very expensive, and potentially very toxic.
By contrast, vitamin D provides additional health benefits. In addition to the sunshine vitamin prevents bone fracture, but also considered that it is able to decrease the likelihood of developing bacterial and viral infections, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, etc.
The innate immune system is activated vitamin D, which allows the body to produce a few proteins, defensins and cathelicidin as the activity causing cell and destroy viruses.
Professor of virology at Queen Mary School of Medicine in London, Dr. John Oxford, said it is a timely study and scientific notice it. The study fits the pattern of seasonal flu and there is more solid science background, making the history of this vitamin credible.
Vitamin D Dose
The mechanism behind the ability of vitamin D3 to enhance the immune system has recently been identified by researchers.
Here is why this vitamin is so important for your health:
- is not a vitamin, but a steroid hormone precursor, resulting in profound effects on innate immunity.
- The amount of vitamin D in most food and almost all multivitamins is exactly inconsequential.
- The dose of vitamin D daily recommended dose for adults is about 5,000 IU, not the 200 to 600 IU suggested by the FDA, the National Institute of Medicine and the Institute of Medicine.
- A 25-hydroxyvitamin D is the only blood test to determine the adequacy of vitamin D, not to the test of 1,25-di-hydroxyvitamin D that is ordered by a lot of doctors .
- 70 and 90 ng / ml is the blood levels of vitamin D which are considered as healthy and obtained by less than 5% of the US population ..
- The mechanism of action of vitamin D in infection, significantly increasing broad-spectrum production of natural antibiotic body suggests dose D pharmaceutical vitamin, ie 1,000 IU per pound of body weight daily within a few days, not going to successfully treat only the common cold and flu help, but in the treatment of several other seasonal infections such as septicemia, meningitis and pneumonia, in adults and children as well.