plums may be small, but they have a great reputation as an effective natural method for preventing and treating constipation, a condition characterized by a significant decrease in bowel movements. Constipation has many causes, and is about to learn many of the properties of the plum can heal each.
How to treat constipation Prunes
- Prunes are full of soluble and insoluble fibers. Soluble fibers slow digestion and help the body absorb nutrients from food and insoluble fibers bulk up the stool, which helps pass more quickly through the intestines.
- Prunes are a natural laxative like dihydrophenylisatin.
- Prunes contain sorbitol (glucitol), an alcohol-based naturally occurring sugar draws water into the colon, softening the stool and making it easier to pass.
- Prune treatment results in improved stool consistency and increases the number of spontaneous bowel movements with every week.
- fiber plums puts your digestive system back in good working order by stimulating peristalsis, wavelike movement of intestinal muscles that carries food through the digestive system. Also absorbs water, which breaks the blockages causing constipation, enabling correct processing and nutrient absorption.
- Prunes are also rich in potassium, vitamin A, and a variety of minerals responsible for the activation of enzymes in your digestive system. These enzymes dissolve the stool, helping the stool to pass easily through the colon and rectum out. Potassium protects the colon walls and strengthen pulling water from harmful bacteria.
How can use to cure constipation Prunes
There are many ways to use prunes as a quick cure for constipation. Some of the most commonly used methods are presented. Try each treatment until you find the one that works best for you.
Method 1: Raisins
- Three dried plums contain 3.9 grams of fiber, and a whole cup of prunes without raw bone contains 12 grams.
- plums eat for a quick snack cures constipation in a hurry.
- You can also drink 2 glasses of prune juice one day, or prune juice mix in a banana smoothie for a healthy breakfast.
- Or add chopped prunes pancake or muffin, or sprinkle over salad, cereal or oatmeal.
- Whatever recipe you choose, keep using it for a week or until cure constipation.
How many prunes should take for constipation?
begins by eating a minimum of 6-12 prunes one day, adding them to meals and refreshments in them between meals. Or just eat seven prunes (dried 50 grams) twice daily. Increase the amount according to the severity of your constipation. Be sure to drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated and ensure that the fiber in prunes is absorbed in your digestive system.
he may ask how long it will take for prunes to cure constipation. Depending on the person and the severity of symptoms, it can take 6 hours to 1 week for results to manifest. But remember, if left untreated, constipation can lead to severe diarrhea.
Prune juice for constipation
- Two glasses of 8 ounces of prune juice a day, once in the morning and one at night, usually constipation cures for adults, but if you have been constipated for more than 3 days, you’ll want to increase the dose to 3 cups a day. Drink a glass of water before drinking prune juice will improve your results.
- If you are treating a baby or small child for constipation, 2 ounces of prune juice per day should be enough. If the child does not like juice, prune juice-treated pallets are equally effective.
- To increase the effectiveness of prune juice, hot drink. A glass of prune juice heated in the morning will lead to bowel movements at night, while a warm glass of prune juice before bed will produce bowel movements in the morning.
stewed prunes for constipation
stewed plums are a great way to promote regular bowel movements. You can use fresh or dried plums recipes listed below, but if you use dry, soak in warm water for a few minutes before. Keep your fresh stewed plums storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use your favorite stew recipe plum regularly in order to prevent constipation.
Method 1: Prunes cooked
- Add 2 cups pitted prunes and 2 ½ cups water in a pot of medium size and heat them medium-high heat until boiling.
- Once the water starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- When prunes are soft, turn off the heat, remove the pot from the burner and allow the stew to cool before eating.
Method 2: Stewed Prunes in orange juice
- Soak 1 pound pitted prunes in 2-3 cups of water in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, add soaked prunes, some water and ½ cup orange juice with a pan of soup and heat to boiling them.
- Reduce heat, add ¼ cup sugar and allow simmered for 15-20 minutes.
- Increase the heat and boil again for 2-3 minutes, then turn the heat completely.
- Allow the stew to cool before eating.
Method 3: prunes stewed in lemon juice
- Add 1 cup prunes, 1 ½ cups water and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a soup pot and bring to a boil them.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool cooked and eaten with lemon slices.
plum recipe for constipation
If you’re not a fan of stew, try this recipe instead. This recipe dramatically increases their consumption of dietary fiber, which is essential for proper bowel function.
- In a bowl, mix ¼ cup applesauce, prunes and ¼ cup ½ cup of bran.
- Eat 1-2 tablespoons every night, after a glass with 6-8 ounces of water or juice.
Although prunes are a very effective remedy for constipation, can cause some side effects, so you will need to take some precautions in order to ensure a positive experience.
- Prunes contain oxalates, which, if ingested in large amounts, can inhibit the body’s ability to absorb calcium. So if you are suffering from kidney problems or gallbladder, be careful not to eat too much prunes.
- Prunes can also cause bloating, gas, stomach cramps and diarrhea if consumed in excess, so be careful to take only the amount you need depending on the severity of their symptoms.
To complete relief from constipation, and if you want to avoid that in the future, add prunes to a healthy diet, exercise regularly and try to avoid stress.
Do you have experience in the use plums raisins as a remedy for constipation? If you know a method we have not mentioned, share it with us!