recently published natural remedies for acne helped me to finally achieve and maintain clear skin. ] As I mentioned in my post acne remedies, we are beginning to understand the system of living organisms that exist in our skin. Just as we have an intestinal microbiome, researchers are finding that we have similar but different colonies of bacteria on our skin, mouth and other places as well.
I’m excited about the emerging research on the biome skin and skin care products that take into account the particular needs of probiotics, but meanwhile, it is a simple recipe at home that has existed for centuries ! (I read once that Cleopatra bathed in yogurt to stay young).
I love this mask, as it is cooling and refreshing, and just feels great on the skin as well. Natural yogurt has probiotics and beneficial fats and this is a very soft mask. I usually make a yogurt I mask every couple of weeks and alternate with a mud mask deep cleansing .
The best of this mask is how easy it is to do. You can use a natural organic yogurt or add a probiotic capsule for an extra boost. I usually add a capsule of probiotic / prebiotic for an extra boost.
Yogurt contains zinc and lactic acid (a natural hydroxy acid) that are ideal for the skin, and beneficial fats in yogurt help nourish the skin. I found that adding 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder was great when he was fighting against acne and adding 1 teaspoon olive oil helped with dry skin.
How to make a mask of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of organic plain yogurt (with all the preferred fat)
- 1 capsule probiotics (optional)
- Oily skin: 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- for dry skin: oil 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- Mix yogurt and any other optional ingredients you are using.
- apply gently to face in small circles.
- Leave on for 10-30 minutes. 10 minutes will be more hydrating and 30 minutes will be more thorough cleaning.
- Wash with warm water and dry.
Never put food on my face? How does it work?