In Chinese culture, there are a number of traditional healing practices that have been used for centuries and are slowly beginning to be accepted in Western culture. herbal medicine, dietary therapy, meditation, massage and even tai chi are becoming more and more popular in the West and many people express their satisfaction with the effectiveness of these practices.
What is acupressure?
Acupressure can be one of the most widely used practice for relaxation and relief and consisted of applying pressure on certain points of your body. It is similar to acupuncture, but instead of using needles pressure at designated points of relief. The Chinese have been using this practice for more than 2500 years so we believe it’s effective!
Unlike medical practices in Eastern cultures, Western medicine is mainly based on drugs and scientific research. East focuses mainly on the incorporation of mental, spiritual and physical health and general nature of people.
channels Acupressure body’s internal energy, or chi, and helps relieve stress and anxiety and restore inner balance. It can help relieve pain, muscle tension, cirrculation and promote deep relaxation. It is the best thing you can try at home and achieve great results!
How to use acupressure at home
- Using your finger or thumb gently apply pressure to the area between the eyebrows and keep it there for 45 seconds
- Click increasing pressure while pushing up to the midpoint of the forehead and repeat for 1 minute
- Take a deep breath and let yourself go into relaxation mode
- Now place your finger gently between your eyebrows again, now start the slope of the nose
- At the same time, press the middle of the breastbone between the pectoral
This technique provides relief from headaches and reduces stress levels by stimulating deep breathing. Applying pressure on the chest, on the other hand, it should be given a boost mood and make you feel better.
If you like here are some other acupressure points that help with anxiety and stress Coult try: