Everyone had been gaga over green tea for weight loss from past years. And now, here’s a new call Oolong tea to lose weight! Well, it’s not a new tea or something invented overnight. In fact, Oolong tea had been a popular health drink in China, where it is used for centuries, especially for weight control. So, it happens that the Chinese knew centuries, the modern world has come to know a few years ago, thanks to all the research and studies to find out the connection between Oolong tea and weight loss.
What is the connection weight loss Oolong tea?
Here again we return to the Chinese, as were those who carried out an investigation in 1998 and established their traditional belief that Oolong tea reduces the weight of regular consumption. They made this conclusion after making 102 women drink Oolong tea in a period of six weeks. They all lost weight considerably.
How Oolong tea works for weight loss?
The previous study we talked We have just established that oolong tea is beneficial in weight loss, but how it works has not been studied.
The conclusion of Chinese research study mentioned above was further demonstrated by the Agricultural Research Service of the United States’ and Human laboratory diet. It conducted an investigation in 2001 to study how energy expenditure influences Oolong tea (EE). Why try to know about EE? Because there are only two ways in which a food (or drink) can help reduce weight. First, it can increase energy expenditure (EE) which means an increased metabolism and that is what helps you lose weight. The second way in which food can reduce weight is by inhibiting the absorption of nutrients, including fats and carbohydrates. (Fats and carbohydrates are what make you gain weight!)
Therefore, this research tried to find out if Oolong tea increases energy expenditure (EE) or not and if so, Oolong tea then was the answer to many concerns weight loss.
These researchers had 12 men drink four drinks for three days. These 4 drinks were undiluted oolong tea; caffeinated water equal to full strength oolong tea; half strength oolong tea; and water with no caffeine.
These men burned more calories per day when they had oolong tea of the total force. Not only this, the ability of your body increased by 12 percent in flames after having full strength Oolong tea fat. While it is also believed that caffeine to help you lose weight and Oolong tea also has caffeine, no running water with caffeine to study the impact of caffeine on weight loss as well. But the ability to burn fat was greater when completely consumed Oolong tea strength. It was concluded that the connection weight loss Oolong tea is not only due to caffeine. There was something else in the Oolong tea that made a perfect drink for weight loss.
Oolong tea polyphenols make incredible weight loss tool?
There is something called polymerized polyphenols that is present in greater amounts in Oolong tea compared to other teas. These polymerized polyphenols are what make the Oolong tea as effective for weight loss.
A study report was published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2006. This study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy of polyphenols in oolong tea in reducing the absorption of dietary lipids in humans. Lipid refers to fatty acids or their derivatives, believed that a person obese.
In this study, three to nine men and women participants were divided into two groups. During the study period, all subjects were fed fries after 30 minutes for lunch and dinner daily. One group also received Oolong tea three times during meals. The other group was given another drink and no Oolong tea. In the last three days of the study period, feces were collected to measure lipid excretion.
The result indicated that lipid excretion in feces was significantly higher in those who consume Oolong tea polyphenol enriched. The study concluded that polyphenols in Oolong tea could increase lipid excretion in feces when people take diet high in lipids.
Oolong tea reduces fat in two ways
Thus, two reports of studies that established that Oolong reduces fat both paths are obtained
- by increasing energy expenditure (EE); and also
- by inhibiting the absorption of fats (lipids get excreted)
Now let’s see what researchers say about the comparison between weight loss Oolong tea and green tea.
Green vs Oolong Tea- What is the best tea to lose weight ?
We are not accepting anything without a research report. Therefore, we will release a report on the study indicating the capabilities of both weight loss drink -. Oolong tea and green tea
This study was conducted by the Japanese in 2003. In addition to China, the Japanese are another clan who love to drink their tea. Japanese did this study to compare the benefits of green tea and oolong tea for weight loss. In this study, eleven female participants received three different beverages- Oolong tea; Green tea powder made from green tea leaves; and water. Oolong tea is made by steeping the tea for 5 minutes, where green tea was prepared by dissolving the leaves of green tea powder in boiling water. The result gave the following results:
- Oolong tea had higher energy expenditure (EE) levels at intervals of 30, 60, 90 and 120 minutes, which means Oolong tea keeps burning fat for two hours with peak periods after every half hour.
- The maximum level of energy expenditure was 90 minutes (hours after an hour and a half to drink tea). This is true, oolong tea and green tea. This sharper energy efficiency levels remained period to 120 minutes (90-120 minutes).
- The concentrations of caffeine and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) was much higher in green tea. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) are potent antioxidants that fight free radicals. EGCG is said to inhibit lipid peroxidation.
- The concentration of polymerized polyphenols was significantly higher in the oolong tea.
The conclusion was that the Oolong tea was more effective in energy expenditure (EE) as it did from the beginning to the end (for two hours straight). Also due to the presence of high polymerized polyphenols, oolong tea is concluded to burn fat more effectively. However, green tea is also good when it comes to weight loss, but the oolong tea is slightly better than green tea if we go by this study report.
This study also gives you a secret tip drinking Oolong tea for weight loss! And what’s that?
Drink a cup of oolong 30 minutes to 1 hour before physical activity to lose more weight!
Whether in their daily walk, exercise in the gym or a yoga session, drink a cup of oolong tea half an hour before you start your activity.
Make a list of the benefits of Oolong tea to lose weight
We have seen reports of studies on what, how and why of Oolong tea for weightloss. Now we will list the benefits of Oolong tea for weight loss clearly for the sake of convenience in understanding.
- Oolong tea increases metabolism and keeps it high . Thanks to polyphenols that increase energy expenditure (EE) levels and therefore increase metabolism. Catechins, one of the polyphenols, probably also keeps your metabolism slows down while you are in the process of losing weight. Therefore, it becomes easier for you to maintain weight loss and to maintain weight loss when drinking Oolong tea.
- Oolong tea maintains lean body mass . Thanks to the combination of catechins and caffeine in this tea. A study by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition stated in 2009 that tea has both, catechins and caffeine, can burn more fat and also help in maintaining lean body mass compared to teas that have either catechins or caffeine.
- Oolong tea makes you burn more fat during exercise . You can not escape exercise if you want to lose weight. No, just having oolong tea will not help you lose weight, but has oolong tea right at the moment just before exercise can burn more fat, more when you just exercise. Because Oolong tea has the highest energy expenditure (EE) levels 90 minutes after drinking, you can ensure that drinking a cup of Oolong tea 1 hour and a half before exercise. And after training for at least half an hour because Oolong tea works until 2 hours after taking it.
- Oolong tea blocks fat absorption – See the European Journal report 2006 study of Clinical Nutrition mentioned earlier in this article. It showed that after drinking Oolong tea, lipids are excreted instead of being absorbed by the body. So, if you like having fatty foods occasionally, you should develop a habit of drinking Oolong tea with their meals so that all fat get flushed out of the body and not gain weight.
These were oolong tea benefits only for weight loss. There are many more benefits of Oolong tea. Take a look at the list below to find out what health benefits you receive another when drinking Oolong tea.
Other benefits of Oolong
Oolong tea is a rich source of antioxidants and has a treasure of many nutrients, including essential vitamins (A, B, C, E and K) and minerals such as calcium, manganese, copper, carotene, selenium, etc. It is also rich in folic acid, niacin amide and other detoxifying alkaloids. And because this tea is made from a semi-fermentation process, the polyphenolic compounds remain intact makes oolong tea even more beneficial to general health.
- combat harmful free radicals
- results in a healthy skin
- strengthens bones
- controls diabetes
- has anticancer properties
- relieves stress
- Increases alertness
- improves brain function
- prevents tooth decay
- Promotes heart health
- And, of course, helps in weight loss and weight control
are there any side effects of Oolong tea?
We have been talking about Oolong tea benefits weight loss and other health conditions only. But is there any side effects of Oolong tea? Some people, especially those who can not handle the caffeine in large amounts could face some difficulties when consuming oolong tea. As Oolong tea has high amounts of caffeine, which could lead to the following side effects in some people:
However, if you still want to drink oolong tea for weight loss, can do so by managing the amount and strength of Oolong tea. Oolong tea are less strong and has only once a day.
To counteract the side effects of Oolong tea, you can do this:
- Instead of oolong tea with every meal, having it only half than once an hour before exercise.
- do not have full strength Oolong tea. Rather than use 1 teaspoon more or less, using only 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon make your cup of tea Oolong
However, if you are very sensitive to caffeine or severely prone side effects of caffeine, it is better to have no caffeinated beverage like Oolong tea. Explore other ways to lose weight then. Pregnant women should also consult their doctor before getting the Oolong tea for weight loss or other benefits.
What to consider when Oolong tea is taken to lose weight?
Oolong tea tastes good, if you have hot or cold. However, if you are consuming Oolong tea for weight loss, consider the following:
- take hot if you want to lose weight with Oolong tea . According to a study published in the European Journal of Nutrition in 2013, consumption of hot tea leads to a lower rate of body mass and also a smaller waist circumference. Taking iced tea many more average circumference BMI and larger waist. Therefore, tea Oolong hot and not cold.
- Make Oolong using low temperature and let stand for a shorter time. Due to high temperature to destroy very healthy catechins in oolong tea. These kind of ponyphenols work hard to make you lose weight. The best way is steep oolong tea its simply in hot water for 2-3 minutes instead of boiling it for longer.
Now let’s get the recipe Oolong tea for weight loss.
How to make the perfect cup of Oolong tea to lose weight?
You can buy Oolong tea leaves, powder or tea bags and make your tea for weight loss like this:
Making tea with Oolong tea leaves
- Oolong tea leaves- 3/4 or 1 teaspoon (use less when used leaves finest tea)
- Water 1 cup
- tea infuser / Sieve
Do the following:
- Bring the water to the boiling point, but do not boil. Put off the flame when you start to see large bubbles rise to the surface in the water before it starts to boil. Remember, high water temperature can destroy beneficial catechins that help you lose weight
- Now pour hot water into the cup
- If tea infuser is used, fill the Oolong tea leaves inside the infuser and place it in the cup. Let stand for 2-3 minutes, covered or uncovered. Then remove the infuser and enjoy your hot cup of oolong tea for weight loss
- If the filter is used, place the tea leaves directly into the hot water and let stand for 2- 3 minutes. Strain the tea and have it.
By making tea Oolong tea powder
- Oolong dust- 1 teaspoon
- Water 1 cup
- tea / Sieve
Do the following:
- heat the water. Do not boil.
- Place the tea powder into the pot, if the tea pot is used.
- Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes
- Pouring tea into a cup and have it.
- If a sieve is used, let the tea steep powder in the pot in which heated water.
- Place the tea powder in hot water and cover with lid.
- After 2-3 minutes, strain and pour tea into the cup
- Enjoy your cup of hot tea Oolong.
Upon Oolong tea with tea bag
- Oolong tea bag- 1
- hot water – 1 cup
(not boiling water)
Do the following:
- Pour water into a cup
- Place the tea bag in hot water
- Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes
- remove the tea bag and enjoy your tea Oolong to get their benefits weight loss
How oolong tea a day to lose weight?
If you have brought a oolong tea high quality, you just need to have 3 grams of Oolong tea a day. Infusing this amount 3-5 times a day for 3-5 cups of Oolong tea.
What is the best brand of Oolong tea to lose weight?
Well, that’s just a marketing gimmick. While you are taking Oolong tea, no matter what brand you’re drinking, you get the benefits of Oolong tea, depending on the components that remain in it after processing. It is possible, however, consider the following points when buying Oolong tea.
- should be a color that is halfway between green tea and black tea. This color Oolong tea is because of its semi-oxidized state.
- Choose a brand that started the tea leaves high-rise. cold weather ensures better nutrition in tea. It is also richer in flavor and aroma.
- Buy a brand that does not use pesticides for growing tea.
- When preparing tea, which must have a clean and floral flavor.
- Aftertaste of his Oolong should stay longer. After drinking tea, the mouth should feel moist and silky. In addition, it feels full of energy for many hours after drinking Oolong tea a good quality.
However, the qualities that you will know after tasting the tea will mean buying a brand of tea first. Therefore, buy small packages at first or if available, buy Oolong tea loose in smaller amounts. This will help you identify good quality tea. If you are buying packaged Oolong tea brands, read the label to know the place where Oolong tea has been sourced and used or not pesticides.
important on Oolong tea reminder and weight loss
Remember, Oolong tea can help you lose weight, but just having this tea and do nothing to lose weight does not work. Oolong tea accelerates weight loss and helps control weight, but only when you exercise and watch your diet along with having the oolong tea. Therefore, you should do this for weight loss:
- Exercise daily. It may be nothing-aerobics, yoga, walking, exercising at the gym, just nothing. Take a cup of oolong 30 minutes to 1 hour before exercise. This will double the rate of weight loss.
- they have balanced diet that does not include too much fat or carbohydrates. We also have a cup of Oolong tea with their meals.
- If you have a sweet tooth and can not resist having sweets later in the day, you can drink a cup of Oolong tea (without sugar!) Afternoon. This will take care of their ends day sweet cravings and low energy levels.
If you use the Oolong tea wisely, it can be a very good help for weight loss for you.