Boils or skin abscesses are infection of the skin that can be It occurs due to the release of toxins in the body. They are mostly found in areas that have ingrown hairs, housed foreign materials inside the skin, cuts or areas exposed to friction or sweat. They appear as hard and painful on the skin that can be very irritating red bumps.
Although Boils are not contagious, the bacteria causing scabies are. People who suffer from acne, eczema, diabetes, obesity, kidney problems, blood disorders, cancer, AIDS, alcoholism, etc., are more prone to develop them.
There is a serious health or harmful and there are many home remedies that can be used to treat boils and one of the most effective folk remedy and age, is the onion.
onion is good for boils?
These are some of the properties of onion that make them so effective.
- Onions have 25 active compounds including sulfur, flavonoids (quercetin) and potassium salts, which have anti – inflammatory effects. Properties to get rid of pain
- contains essential oils that have properties as an expectorant, antiseptic, analgesic, anti-fungal and anti-coagulant to fight boils and prevent its recurrence.
- red onions are the most effective for removing toxins and disinfection of wounds.
- is useful for proper blood circulation and therefore brings out the pus from boils for fast relief.
- Regular use of onions not only mature and flatten boils, but also helps to clear the pus which in turn results in preventing the growth of infection.
- contains chemical antiseptics act as an irritant and antimicrobial treats boils heating them and drawing blood to the infected area.
- is an absorbent that helps remove the bad things of boils. This helps break and thus relieves pain and inflammation.
Using the onion boils:
Follow these effective methods for treating skin abscesses quickly without recurrence.
1. onion poultice
- Cut 1 onion into thick and place on slices boils.
- secure with a bandage or cloth to draw blood, along with the generation of heat to boil.
- Leave for 4 -. 5 hours or overnight
- Then change this poultice with a new one.
- keep doing this process until boils regularly come to mind and drains.
- or include onions in your daily diet will help a lot.
- Or you can put slices of raw onion or roasted with heated boils.
- Alternatively boil cover with sliced onion, garlic and potato slices or juice of these 3 ingredients and fix it with gauze or bandage.
2. Water Onion
- Pour 1 cup water in a saucepan and place on the stove.
- Add finely chopped onion and mix well.
- Let it boil for a few minutes until the water has been halved.
- turn off the heat and use this rinse water boils, after cooling slightly.
- O strain the water boiled onion with the help of a muslin cloth and adjust to extract their juice.
- Boils Apply this on with a cotton ball daily.
- follow the same process regularly.
3. Onion – Garlic Juice
This combination increases blood circulation, reduces inflammation and removes toxins.
- finely chop the onion and 1 – 3. 5 cloves of garlic and crush using a sieve
- Use a spoon to press to extract their juice.
- Apply this juice on boils, let it dry for a few minutes and then wipe.
- rinse with warm water and repeat the same for 4 -. 5 times a day
- Grate onion with a cheese grater and chop the garlic with garlic press.
- mix them equally and spread the paste on boils.
- Cover with a clean cloth as a compress and change this three times a day.
4. Paste the onion
- Finely chop an onion into pieces and grind to paste by adding some hot water.
- Apply this paste on the boil and allow to dry.
- Rinse the area with warm water and tap dry skin.
- can also apply any onion extract on boils to clear them.
- repeat the same process regularly.
5. onion with bacon
Bacon is effective in treating boils because of its salt content. Onion creates an irritation inside the boiling and heats it to get rid of the pus.
- cut a slice of onion and heat in a hot pan until it becomes transparent on one side.
- cut a square piece of a slice of bacon and place it in the same pan for a few seconds to heat on both sides.
- take half onion rings and place the piece of bacon on the skin and seals with the onion rings.
- wrap it with cheesecloth and let it sit on boiled for a few hours.
- repeat the same daily process.
6. Onion with milk and bread
This process helps remove the pus and boil to pop-up for quick relief.
- Pour some hot milk on thick slice of bread and stir well.
- Add the grated onion and mix to make pasta.
- Apply this paste on boils or sore infected persons.
- Leave for a few minutes and then wash it off.
- follow this process regularly to remove boils along with the pain and itching.
7. Onion with honey
This process is very effective in treating boils in the form of cystic acne on the skin.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of raw honey 1 teaspoon of fresh onion juice.
- Stir well and apply it on the affected areas of the skin.
- Let stand a few minutes and then wash off with warm water.
- The skin is dry and continue applying this mixture regularly.
- you can also place the onion is cooked in olive oil on cystic acne to meet the pus.
Tips and Precautions:
Follow these simple tips and precautions for quick and without any side effects relief.
- not press a boil on the skin to prevent the risk of spread of infection to other parts of the body.
- Always use antiseptic soaps and face washes into your daily routine.
- is better to use fresh onion juice applied whenever due to mature boil and cool compress to break out to remove the pus. Avoid using sweet onions.
- The lower the onion, the stronger its flavor and juice. So try to use small onions.
- For more effective results, use strong-smelling red onions instead of white onions.
- avoid excessive intake of onion during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- If you are using anticoagulants or antiplatelet drugs, then you should not eat more onions, because it increases the chances of bleeding or bruising. Also avoid using onion if you are suffering with heartburn.
- Be sure to test before use.
- Choose cooked instead of fried onions in your daily diet to achieve the recommended amount of various vitamins and minerals daily intake onions. Besides onions, include foods that are rich in vitamin A, C and E to get rid of bacterial infection.
When consulting a doctor
If you did not find any improvement after using remedies onion and if
- Boil are increasingly larger than 1/2 inch.
- You are getting chills or fever with a high temperature.
- have diabetes or swelling in other parts of the body.
Make sure you have a healthy and nutritious diet, maintaining a healthy weight, always follow good hygiene practices and lead a life less stress to avoid the problem with recurrence.
Give trial of these methods and do not forget to share your experience with us.
Image – Tony Cyphert @ FLICKR