salad is one of the most underrated meals.
most people think it is pretty boring, but the potential of this food is limited only by your imagination.
In addition, there are so many wonderful varieties of lettuce to discover. Each has its own flavor, texture, color and nutrients.
So I growing lettuce at home is a great way to improve your diet.
lettuce growing in the home
this is how you do it. All you need is a stump and some water.
- Start with fresh lettuce.
- tear apart what you will use for your salad, leaving a stalk 1-2 inches at the base of the head.
- Place the stem vertically in a bottle with an inch of water. It should be noted as you would in your garden.
- Let stand in a sunny place for 10-12 days. Refill water as needed.
- If desired, the newly grown crop for next salad leaves.
For a more abundant harvest, place in a small depression in the ground and bury the first inch of the stem. In this way, the stem will get enough nutrients grow a completely new head
Put your new lettuce for use with these great ingredients:
- raw nuts such as almonds, walnuts, cashews, etc.
- Seeds like pumpkin and sunflower
- Diced apples, tangerines, pears, peaches, mango, etc.
- sliced avocado
- grated carrots
- peeled onions
- grilled zucchini, eggplant, pumpkin, sweet potatoes
- cucumber slices , peppers, mushrooms, celery
- strips of nori
- cooked quinoa, rice, buckwheat
- chickpeas, black beans, lentils, beans
- to steamed broccoli, cauliflower, beets
- washed strawberries, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
- olives and tomatoes
- strips of chicken breast
- tuna, salmon or other seafood
- sliced hard-boiled eggs
Add many of theses ingredients in your salad to your liking.
not be afraid to change it up and try new combinations.
There you have it! Once you have the domain lettuce crop, try regrowing these vegetables too!