An ear infection is a common problem faced by both adults, and more often children. It is caused by a viral or bacterial infection of the middle ear, or due to allergies or colds. Olive oil is one of the best remedies for self care to relieve pain and prevent infection.
How olive oil helps ear infection work?
Olive oil with all its properties mentioned below, helps prevent ear pain and infection very efficiently.
- Olive oil, when, helps reduce irritation at the outer and inner ear to relieve pain. Is applied to the ear
- helps open up the Eustachian tubes and reduces infection.
- The headquarters of the walls of the outer ear and provides a layer of protection against bacteria or other infection.
- When the oil is contacted with an inflamed eardrum then has a calming effect on the tightly stretched swollen tissue that can help relieve pain.
- helps to prevent excessive accumulation of earwax that can prevent water from draining out of the ear canal, eventually leading to infection.
- contains polyphenols, fragile antioxidants that can help protect cells from damage and controls inflammation.
- also it contains antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Using olive oil to treat earache and ear infection
The use of olive oil is a natural and safe method for relieving symptoms of an ear infection.
1. hot olive oil
By applying hot oil, wax in the ear gets softer and helps eliminate the infected wax. It also relieves pain.
- Pour a few drops of warm olive oil in the infected ear.
- cover the ear with a cotton ball and leave for a while.
- Repeat the process several times a day until the pain is completely relieved.
2. Olive oil, tea tree oil, colloidal silver
- Take 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 drops of oil tea tree, 1 teaspoon of colloidal silver and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix all ingredients well before heat gently for a few minutes.
- Lay on one side and the oil mixture is poured into the ear with the help of an eyedropper.
- let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes and then turn away so that the oil mixture is drained completely from the ear
- regularly repeat this process 2 to 3 times a day to cure pain and infection quickly
3. olive oil with peppermint oil
This process helps to cure the infection by eliminating the bacteria that causes the infection.
- Take 5 drops of olive oil and add a drop of peppermint oil.
- Stir well and put this oil in the ear using the dropper.
- Leave for a while to help relieve pain and infection.
- If you are sensitive to the essence of mint, you can always add more olive oil to the mix.
4. Olive oil with nails
- Take a couple of teeth and mixed into powder.
- Mix with a tablespoon of olive oil and heat for a few minutes (but make sure it does not get too hot)
- Put this mixture of oil in the infected ear.
- cover it with a cotton ball and leave to get rid of pain and infection.
5. Hot compress
- Take a small amount of olive oil and pour it into the infected ear with the help of an ear dropper .
- cover the infected ear with a hot to get quick relief from pain and infection napkin.
6. Olive oil with mullein
- Take a teaspoon of mullein and combine with 1/2 cup boiling water.
- Shake well and let cool for a few minutes.
- Mix one teaspoon of mullein and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- let stand overnight before placing a drop of this liquid into the infected ear.
- Repeat the process regularly to get quick relief from ear infection.
7. Olive Oil Ear Drops for Ear Pain:
Olive oil is a simpler type of ear drops which it helps soften the wax carefully to help you move out of your ear naturally. Olive oil is the natural oil that does not cause any irritation to the ear while treatment.
- Warm few drops of olive oil (no more than body temperature)
- Lie on one side and fill your ear with this oil pulling gently ear backwards and upwards.
- After adding eardrops, gently massage the area in front of the ear.
- remain in that position for about 5 -. 10 minutes, but make sure not to put any cotton wool in the ear, as it will absorb the oil
- incorporated and maintain a tissue ear to absorb the oil coming out of the ear.
- repeat the same process for the other ear (if necessary).
- Continue this process 2 to 3 times a week to get rid of earwax and infection
8. Garlic and olive oil for infection. ear:
garlic is full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties that help treat ear infection and pain quickly.
Method – 1
- Crush a clove of fresh, raw garlic.
- This is dissolved clove garlic in a little olive oil.
- Mix well and let stand a few minutes.
- Strain the oil to remove the pieces of crushed garlic.
- Put a few drops of this oil in the ear canal (as long as it is not perforated eardrum)
- Leave for covering the ear with a cotton ball time.
Method – 2:
- Take a clove of garlic and chop it.
- heat clove minced garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil for about 5-7 minutes over medium heat and mix
- strain of mixed oils in a small glass bowl. .
- Pour a few drops of this oil in the ear pain with the help of ear dropper.
- let it sit for a few minutes before placing a cotton ball in the ear. Leave overnight.
- The next morning, to clean the ear with hydrogen peroxide and keep cotton in your ear all day.
- If you repeat the same process, you will get immediate relief from ear infection in a day or two.
Following these points will help you treat your earache and infection successfully.
- Always use medicinal olive oil instead of olive oil regularly to be found in the kitchen cupboard. Pharmaceutical – olive oil quality has been sterilized, so it is safe to use
- Pour 2 -. 3 drops of olive oil in each ear canal before going for swimming to prevent water enters the ears, as this can cause pain and further infection for you
- is good for cleaning ears after taking the shower / bath, cleaning earwax, etc.
Have you tried any of these methods or any other method for ear infections? If so, kindly share their experience with us. We will make your remedies to the world.