Acid reflux occurs when stomach acid moves back and enter the tube supply or when one-way valve between the esophagus and the stomach is too weak to keep the stomach contents down. This leads to inflammation and burning in the chest, upper abdomen and behind the breastbone. Eating too much or too acidic, fatty or spicy foods increase acid production in the stomach and worsen the problem.
The University of Maryland Medical Center says whole grain foods are low in sugar and rich in vitamins B, effective control of acid reflux. Oatmeal is a good cheap remedy for this problem.
oatmeal is good for acid reflux:
- is rich in thiamine and is an excellent source of niacin, vitamin B6, folic acid and riboflavin.
- is a whole grain food that neutralizes stomach acid.
- Helps reduce pain and other symptoms of acid reflux.
- contains selenium, an antioxidant that protects the lining of the esophagus from acid.
- it is free of fat and reduces hunger to prevent acid reflux.
- has a high amount of fiber stomach easily and quickly emptied.
- acidity of the other food is absorbed.
- , which retains the fiber and nutrients essential for proper digestion.
- decreases the secretion of excess acid to prevent acid reflux.
The use of oatmeal to treat acid reflux:
Beyond eat plain oatmeal, follow these methods to heal and prevent acid reflux.
Bananas contain properties that reduce natural acids and are high in fiber, which improves cardiovascular health and stabilizes blood sugar.
- Oatmeal – 1/4 cup
- Water or low-fat milk – 1 cup
- Banana – 1
- slices raisins, melon, ginger or – optional
- Cook sugar, enriched with vitamins oatmeal in water or milk for 5 minutes.
- Peel and slice a banana.
- Add to oatmeal.
- Add raisins, cantaloupe, or ginger slices to sweeten oatmeal, if desired.
- Eat every day as a breakfast for the best results.
- . Note: Avoid adding honey, brown sugar, or other sweeteners
Oatmeal cookies are a snack healthy or dessert.
- flakes instant oatmeal – 1 cup
- Ripe banana – 3
- Eggs whole – 2
- flour – 2 cups
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- – sesame seeds 1/4 cup
- brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- dark raisins – 1 oz
- bananas Blend until smooth.
- sesame seeds roast in the oven until golden brown.
- Combine bananas, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and sesame seeds.
- Combine flour, oatmeal and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Serve small balls of dough on a baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each ball.
- sprinkle raisins on each cookie.
- Bake at 350F for 10 to 15 minutes or until cookies turns a light golden color.
- It is let cookies cool before eating.
- Eat cookie after dinner as dessert to reduce the level of acid in the body.
3. Oatmeal Recipe overnight
- oatmeal – 1 cup
- – 4 cups water
- vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Nuts – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- oats cooked in water for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and nuts.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, add some milk and berries oat mixture.
- Eat regularly for best results.
4. toasted oats healthy
This method is good for sensitive to gluten.
- oats (quick oats) – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Milk (2%) – 1/2 cup
- Sal – nipping
- light brown sugar – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Butter (unsalted) – 1 tsp of
- toasted oatmeal skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Once the change oats golden brown and smells turn popcorn cooked heat.
- Add water, milk, brown sugar and salt.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 -. 7 minutes, stirring frequently
- Once cooked add unsalted butter.
- Eat regularly as a breakfast for the best results.
acid reflux in infants:
Acid reflux in infants, gastro-esophageal reflux, occurs when food accumulates in the esophagus. The tube leading from the mouth to the stomach releases the gas, but the baby has acid reflux instead of releasing gas that regurgitate or vomit. Symptoms of this problem include coughing, irritability, vomiting, cough, blood in the stool, and inadequate nutrition. Oatmeal is thick and contains enough calories to help babies grow properly.
- The use of quick oats flakes is better than instant oatmeal.
- Add cinnamon or a little sugar to flavor porridge.
- Add apples, kiwis, dates, blackberries and banana to reduce acid and increase nutrients in oatmeal.
- do not eat oatmeal before bedtime, as this can cause acid reflux rather than cure.
- Oatmeal has sufficient insoluble fiber affects digestion. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly to minimize heartburn or acid reflux and its symptoms.
- Drink plenty of fluids after eating oatmeal and oat fiber that reduces digestion causing acid reflux.
Have you tried any of these methods? Do you know of any other method to treat acid reflux? Share your experience with us!