In any case, the use of these recipes as a starting point and make adjustments to make this your own. You may want to dilute it a bit just using the concentrate as a little taste to you …
Turmeric and ginger root fresh iced tea:
- 2 cups plus 6 cups water. (2 cups for soaking, 6 cups of cold water to add to his soaked concentrate)
- Four inches of fresh, thin slices or chunks turmeric (including skin is fine)
- Four inches of fresh ginger (or less if it is the variety of ginger fatter, but it is hard to go wrong), thin slices or chunks (including the skin is thin)
- black pepper 1 teaspoon
- 1 / 4-1 / 2 cup honey
ICED TEA turmeric and ginger STEPS
With either dried or fresh root, the process is basically the same:
- Add turmeric, ginger and pepper in a saucepan. Cover with two cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and let it rest for an hour or so, or even overnight.
- Add the honey in the heating step to help dissolve. If high quality raw honey, allow the mixture to cool slightly before adding it.
- strain the root. If you are using the fresh root, you can save and make more tea. If you are using powder recommend forcing the mixture through cheesecloth or a colander tight tissue simply to remove some of gritty dust. The texture of your drink will be much better.
- now they have a concentrate. Chill in the refrigerator and dilute to taste. I would add an extra six cups of water to the mixture as the recipe, but you may want to add more water for a lighter drink. Experiment.
also I want to point out something epic about this iced tea. My kids drink. He did not have to beg or pay them to do that. They saw and wanted to try tea. I pretended as if it were any other drink. They drank and wanted more.