Lettuce (Lactuca sativa) is a member of the genus Lactuca (lettuce) and Asteraceae (sunflower or aster) family. It is most often grown as a leaf vegetable, but sometimes by its stem and seeds.Lettuce was first cultivated by the ancient Egyptians around 50 AD. By the mid-18th century European and American farmers began their cultivation and evening …
lettuce (Lactuca sativa) is a member of the Lactuca (lettuce) gender and Asteraceae (sunflower or aster) family. It is most often grown as a leaf vegetable, but sometimes by its stem and seeds.
lettuce was first cultivated by the ancient Egyptians around 50 AD. By the mid-18th century European and American farmers began their cultivation and afternoon 1900s lettuce production and consumption had spread worldwide.
The Romans referred to lettuce as lactuca (lac ie milk in America), a reference to the white or latex substance that oozes from cut stems. Sativa (which means “seeded” or “cultivated”) was added to create the name of the species. The current word lettuce, originally from East English, came from Old French letues or laitues derived from the Roman name
knows his Lechuga :.
- cos : Has a deep texture of the leaves, which are longer, crisper and tastier than most other types. It is used more as a traditional green vegetable in the kitchen
- Butterhead :. It has larger leaves that are loosely attached to the trunk. Has a softer texture with a sweet taste compared to other varieties
- Loose-leaf :. If the lettuce has broad leaves and somewhat curly, then this is a variety of “loose-leaf”. It is mild-flavored and has a slightly crunchy
- Iceberg / Crisphead :. It is characterized by the greenest on the outside and white inside pages. This is the most common variety seen in grocery stores and most popular burgers and salads.
Although lettuce can be eaten raw or cooked, nutritionists suggest having fresh lettuce for its refreshing, nutritious and versatile benefits. raw lettuce leaves to find a place of honor in salads, wraps and sandwiches. If you prefer to cook, braise or roast lightly to preserve its rich hydration values
TOP 20 EVENTS lettuce you should know :.
Romaine lettuce is considered to be the healthiest of all varieties and the events below have been based on this variety (although other varieties have much in common):
- Clear Vision : lettuce contains. zeaxanthin, an antioxidant, which is absorbed by the macula of the retina prevention of vision disorders such as cataracts and age-related macular degeneration
- strengthens bones Lettuce is rich in vitamin K, necessary for the synthesis of osteocalcin, a bone protein, which helps strengthen bone tissue and also increases the osteotrophic activity in bone, stimulating bone metabolism, strengthening and improving mass density that is. Vitamin K in lettuce reduces neuronal damage in the brain, helping prevent neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease
- Low glycemic load :. Due to the value of less calories lettuce, glycemic index or load is considered zero and therefore its consumption helps in maintaining sugar levels in the blood, ideal for diabetics and people who want to prevent diabetes
- antianémico :. lettuce contains high levels of chlorophyll and iron, essential for the synthesis of hemoglobin in red blood cells and for other cardiovascular processes
- Watch weight :. Lettuce is very high in nutritional value, very low in calories, rich in water and contains fiber and cellulose. Along with the increased satiety, fiber improves digestion, it helps remove bile salts from the body and helps the rapid elimination of waste and toxins
- Curas I nsomnia :. lettuce contains a mild opiate substance sleep inducer called lactucarium that relaxes the nerves, cure sleep disorders, nervous excitability, anxiety and agitation, sedation providing similar properties. It has anti spastic effect and acts as a diuretic. Drink a glass of lettuce and celery juice an hour before bedtime for a good night’s sleep
- healthy heart :. lettuce vitamin C and beta-carotene work together to prevent the oxidation of cholesterol, preventing arterial plaque buildup or atherosclerosis
- Omega-3 fatty acids :. lettuce has a ratio of 2: 1 of omega-3 and omega-6, beneficial to maintain good overall health.
- complete protein: protein lettuce is considered Completeness containing the appropriate proportion of the nine essential amino acids necessary for the dietary needs of humans, and is the cornerstone of a body in development, muscle development, and many important metabolic reactions in the body
- prevents cancer :. Lettuce is rich in flavonoids and antioxidants vitamin A and C, which helps protect the body against lung and oral cavity cancers
- assists during pregnancy :. folic acid in lettuce helps prevent megaloblastic anemia during pregnancy by stimulating the secretion of the hormone progesterone. Vitamin K is vital especially for women in the preconception and pregnancy periods, preventing congenital neural tube defects in the fetus
- Calming Sexual Arousal :. Substances Similar Theopium found in latex lettuce (lactucarium) have a calming effect on sexual desire, increase the level of fertility and cure premature ejaculation
- Balancer pH :. increased pH due to the high acid is harmful to the body. a balanced pH is needed to maintain greater energy, clearer thinking, deep sleep, and youthfulness of the skin. Lettuce contains minerals that help in training that stimulates alkaline toxic waste disposal system
- revitalizes the skin :. Lettuce is very rich source of vitamin A, which increases cell renewal, revitalization of the skin; potassium supplies nutrients and oxygen, improving circulation, resulting in a healthy and shiny skin; Vitamin E, which provides protection against harmful UV rays of the sun and vitamin C acts as a powerful antioxidant. lettuce napkin can help cure acne and psoriasis by cleaning the skin
- Hair Growth :. Lettuce provides all the necessary nutrients and nutrition to maintain health of the scalp. and follicles, which limits hair loss, and improving the quality and shine of your hair
- Detoxifier : lettuce offers multiple compounds detox as harmful substances help antioxidants neutralize accumulates in the body; Potassium – promotes diuresis, which helps eliminate toxins from the body; fiber – helps cleanse the colon, stimulate the function and motility of the intestinal tract, relieving disorders constipation and other stomach
- fight cough substances Theopium-as found in latex lettuce (lactucarium or. milk lettuce) works as an anti-cough relief irritable cough bronchitis
- Aids hydration :. lettuce contains the highest content of water and therefore provides excellent cellular hydration, release of toxins and harmful fats of our congested cells
- Central Nutrition electric :. Lettuce is a good source of chlorophyll and vitamin K. rich in mineral salts alkaloids, responsible for the therapeutic effect help keep the blood clean, and your mind and body in good health. lettuce leaves are rich in lutein, beta-carotene, vitamin C and K, calcium, fiber, folic acid, iron, vitamin A, folic acid, lycopene, potassium, zeaxanthin, and the B-complex vitamins such as thiamine group, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine) and riboflavin.
agent and asthma symptoms and
In moderation lettuce has absolutely no negative effect on health, only good. In excess, though a couple of things to take care of
- in patients undergoing anticoagulant therapy with Vitamin K Antagonist (such as warfarin), lettuce can possibly interfere with therapy and give in the formation of blood clots formation (thrombosis) and related complications.
- Because lettuce has beta-carotene, excessive consumption can lead to carotenodermia a skin condition that manifests itself in a yellowish tinge to the skin. This not long ago and leaves.
healthgram member login |