A sore throat is very painful! It is caused by inflammation of the mucous membrane lining the throat by a bacterial or viral infection.
How Lemon works to cure sore throat:
- contains lemon (citric acid), which helps break up the mucus that causes sore throat and also helps calm throat pain and inflammation.
- Lemon is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants that help boost your immune system.
- The lemon is a natural antiseptic that helps kill bacteria or virus in the throat.
- Lemons are rich in various vitamins and essential nutrients.
- Lemon juice increases salivation and helps to moisten or lubricate sore throat.
How to use lemon to treat sore throat
Follow these simple recipes to get rid of a sore throat:
1. Lemon Juice
- Juice of half a lemon and dilute in a small amount of water.
- Mix well and use this gargle.
- Alternatively you can gargle with lemon juice straight.
2. Lemon and honey Hot Toddy
- Add a tablespoon of honey in a large cup.
- Pour hot water and a teaspoon of lemon juice into the bowl and mix well.
- Place in a microwave and heat until hot.
- Add a lemon slice and enjoy.
- Repeat regularly.
3. Lemon juice and honey
- Mix a teaspoon of honey, juice of half a lemon in a cup of warm water.
- stir well and drink slowly.
- follow this process regularly.
- could also take half a lemon, sprinkle salt and pepper and slowly lick.
4. lemon, ginger and honey
- Put a tablespoon grated ginger in a cup of boiling water.
- stand for 3 minutes.
- Add one tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey and mix well.
- Strain the tea and drink regularly.
5. Hot lemon and honey
- half lemon skewer over a flame.
- Broil until browned skin and let cool slightly.
- juice and mix with a little honey.
- drink regularly.
6. Gargle Lemon and salt water
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon and add a teaspoon of salt.
- Stir well in a cup of warm water.
- Gargle three times a day for at least one minute.
7. Honey and lemon Tea
- Add 2 tablespoons honey and lemon juice to a cup of warm water and mix well .
- SIP slowly, but make sure the tea is not too hot.
- drink regularly.
is recommended to drink fresh lemon water every day, first thing on an empty stomach, as this will help relieve sore throat and many other health problems.
Do you know any other resources or benefits of lemon for sore throat? If so, please share it with us!