We have often heard that the white sugar is bad for our health.
But why and how bad it is scientifically confirmed?
For now, conventional medicine and alternative agree with the fact that white sugar …
– A source of empty calories (contains minerals and vitamins, but is rich calorie)
– promotes weight gain
– causes tooth decay
– has a high glycemic index (quickly raises blood sugar levels)
- immune system very weak
- causes hyperactivity in children
- increases cancer risk
- draws the B vitamins body
- addictive (it is assumed that 95% of the population depending on sweets, ie, levels of blood sugar)
- extracted from the body many essential minerals (calcium, magnesium and others)
- causes diabetes, one of the most deadly diseases in the world
- causes obesity and heart disease
What science claims of alternative doctors say?
Scientific studies have not confirmed that white sugar is causing the above diseases, or who thrives on vitamins and minerals from the body.
The lack of scientific evidence of the harmful effects of sugar led many prominent to announce its position on the matter organizations:
“Claims that sugar can cause chronic diseases such as obesity, cancer, diabetes, hyperactivity, etc., are not scientifically validated. sugar can be part of a healthy “diet (American Dietetic Association)
Thus many prominent organizations such as the American Dietetic Association (ADA), the Food Administration and (FDA) and the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) stated that there is no evidence that the sugar associated with any disease except cavities.
For you to choose whether you want to believe alternative or conventional medicine. But even the decline, empty calories and high GI are sufficient threats to reduce consumption of white sugar.
- instead of soft drinks and juices, drinking water
- reduce the consumption of sweets
- instead of two teaspoons of sugar, place it in tea or coffee, add one
- Choose one day a week (eg Sunday) to be eaten chocolate, cakes and soft drinks
- other days of the week, avoid these foods