Although marshmallow they are generally considered as a basic element for the classics Thanksgiving, camping trips, desserts and hot chocolate, but they are loaded with a lot of sugar.
In other words, a common marshmallow includes approximately 4 grams of added sugar. However, we rarely eat one marshmallow, but much more. Just one cup marshmallow includes a whopping 29 grams of sugar, which is actually higher than the recommended amount of about 10 grams daily sugar.
sugar excessive health risks admission:
Excessive consumption of sugar increases the total amount of calories and can easily contribute to unhealthy weight gain and obesity. Moreover, foods that are high in sugar, including marshmallows, are generally low in nutritional value.
also sugar consumption in excessive amounts is connected directly to these health problems long term:
- food addiction
- Insulin resistance and diabetes
- Increased cholesterol levels
- Problems with teeth, such as cavities
- Heart disease
- Certain types of cancer, including pancreatic cancer
Healthy Recipe Marshmallow
Let’s introduce an excellent recipe of chocolates sweetened with honey and fluffy, which can be made in a version of chocolate or coconut.
- Half a cup of cold water
- 1 tablespoon and a half. gelatin
- Half a cup of honey
- Half a teaspoon. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- First, it should be lightly greased loaf pan and use parchment paper covers to hang over sides of pan in a way. Then grease the parchment paper, too.
- In a medium bowl, place ¼ cup water, sprinkle gelatin over it, and put it aside to soften.
- Add the other ¼ cup water, salt and honey in another small saucepan and place over medium heat. Be sure to bring the mixture to 240 degrees using a candy thermometer. When the proper temperature is reached, remove from heat.
- With a hand mixer set on low, mix carefully in the hot syrup into the gelatin mixture slowly pour the hot syrup in a drizzle on the side of the cup. When all combined, you can add vanilla and increase the speed to high. Mix for 12- 15 minutes or until it becomes thick and fluffy. At least scrap into prepared pan, let it uncovered for 4-12 hours to dry and cut into squares and serve.
Cacao Version: The finish and marshmallow cut should be rolled in cocoa powder
coconut Release: About half of a cup of toasted coconut flakes must be sugarless. Finally, a means thereof should be sprayed on the bottom of the pot, scraping the marshmallow mixture and sprayed with the remaining coconut flakes.