Dermatitis is an inflammation itchy skin. Although it is not contagious or life-threatening, it can cause a lot of discomfort to the person. Different types of dermatitis such as atopic dermatitis or eczema, contact dermatitis and seborrheic dermatitis. The statistics of atopic dermatitis in childhood and skin rash have itching, red. In contact dermatitis rashes are in the areas of the body that comes into contact with substances that irritate the skin. The rash can burn and may develop blisters. In seborrheic dermatitis eruption may have oily yellow scales. This dermatitis mainly affects the scalp and face. It is a main cause of dandruff in individuals.
causes of dermatitis
Different factors cause dermatitis development. Allergies, irritants and genetic factors play an important role.
- Atopic Dermatitis ( Eczema ) -. this dermatitis is common in people with a family history of asthma, allergies, hay fever or eczema
- Contact dermatitis – The main cause of this type of dermatitis is irritating or allergens such as poison ivy, cleaning products, cosmetics, perfumes, artificial jewelry, etc.
- seborrheic Dermatitis- this condition is seen in people with oily skin or hair. It is believed that hereditary factors are one of the main reasons for this dermatitis.
symptoms of dermatitis
Common symptoms of dermatitis are
• Itching, pain, itching or burning of the skin
• Blisters with eruptions
• Thick, oily or scaly skin
• sores in the affected parts due to scratching
• Swelling of the affected areas
in eczema rashes are observed within the elbows, behind the knees and in the front of the neck. Although the treatment of dermatitis should be based on the type of dermatitis, there are many easy home remedies that will give relief from itching and helps heal the rash caused by dermatitis.
effective home remedies for dermatitis
The following are home remedies you can think effectively used to treat dermatitis.
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is a natural product and the best home remedy that can be used to treat problems related dermatitis. It is ideal for you to gain pure coconut oil and virgin to treat dermatitis effectively.
• You need to take the puree and virgin coconut oil in a bowl and let it warm.
• Now apply this warm coconut oil on the affected area of the skin dermatitis gently.
• It will help soften the skin and it would be better for you to apply coconut oil on the affected area before going to bed area.
• You will see a big difference in the affected skin area after a few days. It enjoys reduced, redness and drying scale.
2. Aloe Vera Gel
Another remedy more common than you may think of using when it comes to treating inflammatory skin diseases such as dermatitis is the juice of aloe vera or gel. This Aloe Vera juice is very effective in maintaining the pH balance of the skin and easily help eliminate skin irritation and itching of the skin.
• It is necessary to cut open the fresh leaves of Aloe Vera gel to remove the fresh plant.
• Apply a generous amount of Aloe Vera gel to the affected areas of the skin for a few minutes. Let dry on your skin.
• You need to apply Aloe Vera many times a day to see quick results.
• Regular application of Aloe Vera gel several times a day for a few months will help improve your skin condition and get rid of dermatitis permanently.
• You can also mix the fresh juice of Aloe Vera with water and drink every day to get glowing skin.
3. Vinegar apple cider
Apple cider vinegar is another popular ingredient that is used by many to treat several ailments including dermatitis relationship. It is very effective in the treatment of itching and skin inflammation.
• You can mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and mix well. Drink this water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach every day to avoid skin problems.
• For best and most effective results, you need to apply apple cider vinegar on the affected skin using a cotton ball area.
• Let the solution of apple cider vinegar sit on the skin for a few minutes. Then you can clean it with a clean, damp cloth. This will help in improving your skin condition.
• Regular application of apple cider vinegar on the skin will help in reducing dermatitis problems effectively.
Honey is another common natural ingredient that is used on the skin to reduce inflammation and itching.
• Take a tablespoon of honey and mix with a quarter cup of water. Apply this diluted honey in areas where the skin feels itchy and irritating.
• It is necessary to make this remedy in the affected areas of the skin for a minimum of one month every day to see effective results.
5. chamomile flowers
chamomile flowers have therapeutic properties that help in the treatment of dermatitis at home effectively. The use of chamomile flowers for dermatitis help soothe the skin and also give you a great relief from their symptoms.
• In a large bowl of water add a few chamomile flowers. Boil the water for a few minutes
• Then, cool water and then add a few ice cubes to the water mixture.
• Soak the affected areas of dermatitis in the cold water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
• Repeat this remedy, at least once a day until the problem is completely resolved dermatitis.
6. Vitamin E oil
vitamin E oil is another good home remedy that can be used for dermatitis problems. This will help improve the elasticity of the skin and also provide relief from itching problems and inflammation.
• Apply lotions or creams that have large amounts of vitamin E in damaged or inflamed every day to get skin calming effect.
• Regular consumption of foods fortified with vitamin E also help in the treatment of dermatitis problems. Some of the foods that are rich in vitamin E are :. Corn, peanut butter, sunflower seeds and wheat germ oil
blueberries are known to be a very good ingredient that will help in the treatment of dermatitis problems. It will help in making healthy skin and also protect the skin from various skin related problems.
• In a steel container add about 50 grams of blueberries and then poured into 1 liter of water.
• Heat this container and then let it cool for about an hour to make the homogeneous mixture.
• Boil the mixture again for twenty minutes and then let it come to room temperature.
• You can now use this mixture as a cleaner. You must use at least three or four times a day in the affected areas of the skin to see visible results.
Oatmeal is very effective in treating skin related problems. Having an oatmeal bath will keep at bay skin problems and provide better relief of skin irritation and itching.
• oatmeal powder in a mixer to convert it into a fine powder. Add the oatmeal powder in warm bath water.
• You need to soak your body in this oatmeal water for at least 15 to 20 minutes every day.
• This will help improve the moisture level of the skin and make your skin healthy.
9. elm bark
elm bark is also very effective in treating dermatitis problems. It will provide good relief of various symptoms of dermatitis. Washing the skin slippery elm bark can be easily prepared at home that will help effectively treat dermatitis problems.
• Mix one teaspoon of slippery elm bark, a teaspoon of comfrey root and a teaspoon of white oak bark in two cups of water.
• Mix well and boil the water for about 30 to 40 minutes.
• Now bring this solution at room temperature and then use this on the affected skin area.
• Repeat this every day for a month to get relief from various problems of dermatitis.
• For quick results, you need to try this home remedy three to four times a day.
10. almond leaves
One of the best home remedies that can be used to get rid of their skin problems dermatitis is almond leaves. It will help in healing all effective way dermatitis problems and also help in preventing further growth of dermatitis.
• Take some almond leaves and then combine them into a blender to make a smooth paste by adding enough water.
• Apply this smooth paste on the affected areas of the skin and leave it to sit on the skin for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Wash with warm water and then dry areas.
• Apply a lotion or moisturizer in the areas.
• Repeat this procedure three times a day to see effective results.
11. Other home remedies
- You can use a lotion made of blueberry leaves on the affected skin areas twice a day. It has been shown to relieve inflammation in the skin due to dermatitis.
- shark cartilage has also been used to significantly reduce inflammation in the skin.
- It is important that you take foods rich in B vitamins, as well as capsules or tonics to improve overall skin health.
- Taking pills biotin are found to be effective in the treatment of dermatitis and also keep at bay.
- Zinc is also found to be effective in the treatment of dermatitis. It can be taken orally or can be used directly on the skin.
Are you worried seeing inflammation and itchy skin? You want to get rid of dermatitis problems that have affected your skin? Well, all you have to do is try some of the home remedies mentioned above to easily address problems that are associated with dermatitis and to make your skin healthy.