master and use various healing clays and one that I am enjoying especially at this time is Rhassoul clay. This natural clay Morocco is amazing for the skin and hair and is cheap.
What is Rhassoul Clay?
Rhassoul clay is a high quality soothing clay for external use stored indefinitely if kept dry. It is obtained from the Atlas Mountains in Morocco and is often used in spas for skin and hair. It is also called Ghassoul clay, red clay and Moroccan red clay, and that can only be found on this specific mountain range in Morocco. It consists of a natural combination of changes in volcanic and geothermal activity.
This clay untreated and dry naturally has a silk-like feel and can help even out skin tone and reduce blemishes. It has the unique ability to both nourish the skin and reduce outbreaks and many people use it daily as a natural soap and shampoo. In fact, clinical studies and found evidence Rhassoul which can increase the elasticity of the skin, even skin tone, reduce blemishes and blackheads and reduce dryness or peeling.
As clay bentonite, which has the ability to swell when added to water, but has an even higher content rhassoul silica and magnesium, which is especially good for the skin. In fact, this clay can be used daily instead of soap in a gentle way to clean that will not peel the skin of beneficial oils.
Rhassoul clay has a high negative charge and can help remove blackheads and other skin impurities. This also makes it beneficial as a makeup remover or purpose facelift.
uses for Rhassoul Clay
Generally, Rhassoul can be used as any other healing clay. Some of the ways I have personally tested are:
- Mask: The simplest use for Rhassoul clay is like a facial mask. It can be mixed with water or something like rose water to form a smooth paste. This paste can be brushed or rubbed on the face and let it dry before washing
- Facial Scrub :. Rhassoul can also be combined with other ingredients to make an exfoliating scrub and smooth. My favorite is the mixture of 1 tablespoon of clay Rhassoul with 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and apple cider vinegar to form a paste. I use once a week for an exfoliating scrub face. As a bonus, you can massage the face to exfoliate for 1-2 minutes and then left for another 5 minutes to dry before washing. This will offer the benefits of a face mask and exfoliation in one step
- Hair Mask :. I mixed 1 tablespoon Rhassoul clay in 1/4 cup water to make a thin mixture I pour over hair and massage. hair, it is important not to let the dry mixture as it may contribute to hair breakage if it hardens. I prefer to massage the hair in the shower and leave for about 30 seconds before washing
- Full body mask :. For great skin especially, I made a simple paste of clay and water and used as a mask full body before taking a bath and wash
Rhassoul vs. other clays
Rhassoul is similar to many other softening clays and often they can be used interchangeably:
- Price : Many clays are inexpensive, when he ordered in bulk and most range from $ 6 to $ 11 per pound. Rhassoul comes on top at $ 10 a pound, but so little is needed, which lasts for a very long time. One pound lasted more than a year with a fairly regular use
- Internal Use :. Unlike some healing clays, Rhassoul should not be used internally, but is excellent for external use. In some places, it is used internally due to its high mineral content, but it is important to consult a doctor before using it in this way
- presence of lead :. Unlike bentonite clay, clay Rhassoul not known to contain any lead (although as I explained before, I do not consider that the initiative of bentonite a concern ). For this reason, Rhassoul can be substituted in recipes as hair masks and face instead of bentonite
- adsorbing power :. This is what makes the clays as beneficial for cleaning. Adsorption (with a D) refers to the process by which clays as Rhassoul attract positively charged particles (cations) to remove them. When the clay is washed, the impurities go with it, leaving the soft
- Minerals :. Rhassoul clay minerals is higher in many types of clay, especially silica, magnesium and potassium, which is especially good for hair, skin and nails.
Where to get Rhassoul Clay
prefer to order clays (and other ingredients of beauty) in bulk to save money whenever possible. At the time of this writing, the best price I’ve found in the high quality of Rhassoul clay are:
Have you ever used Rhassoul Clay? How is it used?