The eczema or atopic dermatitis is a skin disease that causes rough skin, blistering, swelling, itching and even bleeding. It can cause a lot of irritation and discomfort in areas such as the face, neck, hands or legs, behind the knees or bend an elbow.
can be caused by allergies such as wheat, milk, nuts, eggs, etc. some of which trigger eczema reaction. external irritants include animal dander, mold, dust mites and other cleaning chemicals and keep the house.
Olive oil is a natural oil and one of the best remedy to treat eczema. We are about to tell you exactly why it works and how to use it. Let’s start!
is good olive oil for eczema?
Olive oil is very effective in treating eczema with its amazing properties.
- Calma outbreaks and reduces inflammation caused by eczema.
- The oil will penetrate deep into the skin to nourish and soften the skin without causing allergic reactions.
- Olive oil is vitamin E, omega -. 3 fatty acids and other nutrients that help maintain and lock moisture to prevent dryness
- contains certain compounds called squalene and oleocanthal which are natural anti -. Inflammatory and antioxidant
- has 3 antioxidants such as tyrosol, beta -. Sitosterol and squalene, which reduces the production of inflammatory compounds
- the amount of bacteria on the skin is reduced.
How to use olive oil to treat eczema:
1. Olive oil with coconut oil and vinegar
- Add 1/4 cup vinegar (preferably apple cider vinegar) in 1/2 cup each of virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil.
- mix well, adding a little sea salt and pepper.
- Use this mixture as a garnish in salads and save the rest for future use.
- Be sure to warm the mixture before each use.
2. Olive oil for eczema and psoriasis
- Apply olive oil Extra virgin cold pressed on the affected skin.
- gently massage and leave for a few minutes.
- Repeat regularly for best results.
3. Olive oil with sugar
- Mix equal amounts of sugar and olive oil.
- Apply to the affected skin.
- Massage gently for a few minutes and wipe with a clean cloth sugar.
- leave the oil in the affected area to be absorbed by the skin area.
- Apply daily.
- You can also add a few drops of water to create a thick paste.
- or mix 4 ounces of olive oil with a tablespoon of sugar and apply this mixture on the affected area and covered with gauze and tape.
4. Olive oil after shower
- Apply olive oil on the affected eczema after taking bath skin.
- oil massage on damp skin to lock in more moisture.
- Or add some olive oil to your favorite free moisturizer chemicals and applying this after a shower.
- Regular use of this oil as a moisturizer will help prevent eczema.
5. Olive oil with tea tree oil
tea tree oil has an anti -. microbial property that minimizes the chance of secondary infection on eczema
- Add 15 drops of tea tree oil and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to a tub of warm water.
- Stir water and soak for 10 -. 15 minutes
- Take this bath once a day.
- can also add 20 drops of tea tree oil in 1/2 cup of olive oil and apply this mixture directly in eczema.
- can also add olive oil to any of the essential oils and apply it on the affected area.
6. Olive oil with cabbage leaves
This process relieves inflammation and irritation.
- Wash the cabbage leaves well and kept aside for a few minutes to dry.
- soaked in olive oil for a few minutes until the leaves absorb oil and become soft.
- Applying these leaves on the affected area and cover with a linen cloth skin.
- Leave on for 3 -. 4 hours and then wash with warm water
- repeat periodically until relief arrived eczema.
7. Olive oil with Baby Lotion
- Add some extra virgin olive oil a baby lotion odor free.
- Shake well and apply this lotion on the areas affected by eczema.
- Leave on for a few hours and wash with water.
- do the same process daily for 2 -. 3 weeks
8. DIY Olive Oil Lotion
- Add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil and a little honey or wax bee in 1/4 cup water.
- Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Apply this mixture as a lotion to the affected skin.
- Leave for 3 to 4 hours and regularize this application of oil
9. Olive oil for hand eczema
. this process is for people who suffer from extremely dry hands.
- Add a few drops of pure olive oil in water and stir.
- soak your hands in the water for a few minutes.
- Dry your hands and rub with a lotion containing olive oil.
- massage gently and cover your hands with gloves.
- You can sleep with these gloves or just go for a few hours.
10. Olive Oil Bath
- Add a little olive oil to a warm bath and mix well.
- soak for 10 – 15 minutes in this water
- regularly have this bathroom.
- You can add 1 tablespoon sea salt and 2 teaspoons of Epsom salt.
11. Olive oil with sea salt and essential oils
- Mix 1 cup each of sea salt, olive oil, oil coconut, jojoba oil, orange oil, aloe vera, soy milk, tea tree oil, cucumber and shea butter in a bowl.
- Stir well and keep aside for 4 -. 6 hours or overnight
- Apply this on the skin and massage gently, then leave for a few minutes.
- repeat this process once or twice a week.
- you can also be made by mixing 1/2 cup each of milk and butter, 2 tablespoons each of olive oil and honey and a little sea salt together an exfoliant. Mix well and use this mixture to wash the affected areas of eczema.
12. Olive oil with vitamin E oil
Vitamin E oil moisturizes the skin with its anti properties -. antioxidant properties that protect cell membranes and repairs skin to treat eczema
- Mix equal amounts of olive oil and vitamin E oil
- Apply to the affected skin , gently massage and leave overnight.
- For more effective results, apply this oil a day.
13. Olive oil with chamomile oil
chamomile is used to treat eczema on sensitive skin.
- Mix some chamomile oil in olive oil.
- Apply to the affected skin, gently massage and leave for a couple of hours.
- repeat the same process regularly.
14. Olive oil with lavender oil
Lavender is a skin healing aromatherapy oil.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil to 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Shake well and apply this mixture on the affected skin.
- gently massage and leave for a couple of hours.
- O can infuse the petals of marigolds in olive oil and apply this oil.
15. Olive oil for eczema scars
- Apply extra virgin olive oil on the scars of eczema.
- massage gently for a few minutes so that the oil is absorbed well into the skin.
- Place a warm cloth on the areas of oil applied.
- makes up the fabric becomes cool and then wash off with warm water.
16. Olive oil with corn starch
- Mix some cornstarch in olive oil to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on the areas affected by eczema.
- let it sit for about 20 -. 30 minutes and wash with water
- dry the skin and apply some natural moisturizer.
- Apply regularly.
17. Olive oil with Turmeric
Turmeric has antibiotics and anti -. Inflammatory
- Mix turmeric powder with extra virgin olive oil.
- Apply to the affected area and leave on skin for 30 – 40 minutes to dry
- wash with warm water and apply moisturizer.
- O Crush handful of neem leaves to extract juice.
- Mix 1 tablespoon turmeric organic powder and a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply to the affected areas and leave for 30 -. And 45 minutes before washing with warm
18. Olive oil with walnut in Black powder and powdered myrrh
- Mix 1 ounce each of walnut powder black powder and chaparral, 1/2 oz of myrrh powder, 1/4 oz of beeswax (melted) and 4 ounces of extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir all these ingredients well and keep aside for the night.
- apply this ointment in areas affected by eczema.
- Repeat regularly.
19. Olive oil with tea tree oil and jojoba oil
- Mix 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil and 10 drops of tea tree oil.
- Shake well and apply this mixture of oil on the affected skin.
- massage gently and repeat the same process regularly.
20. Olive Oil and Aloe Vera Gel
- break an aloe vera leaf to collect fresh aloe gel.
- Mix a few drops of olive oil with a tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel.
- The use of aloe leaf, apply the mixture to the skin two to three times a day.
Tips and Precautions:
Follow these tips and precautions for quick and safe relief.
- Avoid applying olive oil to the young baby’s skin.
- is better to choose olive oil as a replacement for many animals and a source of unhealthy fats.
- Be sure to test first to make sure you are not allergic.
- Apply cosmetic products based on olive oil to prevent eczema and irritation.
- You can also use olive oil in your cooking, as salad dressing and condiments.
- Use ozonated olive oil as O2 -. Zap supplying oxygen to the skin and stimulates the growth of skin cells, moisturizes the skin and improves cell function
- In general, patients with asthma they are more likely to develop eczema.
- Be sure to consult your doctor if you find no relief from eczema after using these methods olive oil.
Apart from these methods olive oil, must take good care of the skin, have a healthy diet, try to reduce stress, have adequate living habits, etc.