Sinuses are small cavities filled with air in the skull that produce mucus to protect the nasal passage from toxins and allergens that cause viral infections. When the tissues lining these sinuses become inflamed or swollen with any viral infections such as colds, flu, air pollutants, stress, low immune system, etc. Block breasts, traps air and mucus inside that cause swelling and facial pain.
Symptoms of sinus infection are swelling, headache, nasal congestion, difficulty in breathing and pressure. raw, organic honey can be used to treat all the symptoms of sinus infection. We are about to tell you exactly how, but first, take a look at why it works.
is Honey Good for sinus infection?
- Honey is naturally anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-septic that help cleanse the heart causing bacteria.
- Honey reduces inflammation.
- Honey soothes the throat to relieve cough and pain.
- Some studies indicate that honey is more effective for sinusitis antibiotics prescribed treatment.
- honey strengthens the immune system to fight bacteria that cause sinus infection.
- Manuka honey kills microbes that are highly resistant to antibiotics.
Using honey to treat sinus infections
Honey can be used alone or in combination with other natural ingredients that fight viral infection. Try all the following methods until you find the one that works best for you.
1. Honey with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar relieves nasal congestion and sinus pressure and kills germs that cause infection.
- Boil 1 cup water and stir in 1 teaspoon of raw honey and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
- Mix well, then remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Drink 3 times a day.
- Boil 1/4 cup each of apple cider vinegar and water in a saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Drink this to get rid of the sinuses.
- Alternatively you can mix 2 tablespoons cider vinegar and orange juice along with some flaxseed and honey. Sprinkle this mixture over salad and have to relieve sinus.
2. Honey with garlic
Garlic is a natural antibiotic and kills the bacteria that cause infection.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves 3-6.
- Mix with 1 -. 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- consumption 5 minutes before meals.
- Or mix 1 teaspoon of honey and 3 to 4 garlic cloves and a few drops of olive oil. Use this as an add on bread or crackers to reduce sinus.
3. The honey and lemon
lemon contains vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system, and is naturally anti-microbial.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey with 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice.
- The mixture is heated and consume to thin mucus and prevent sinus
- Mix 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and honey, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar in 8 ounces of warm.
- Stir well and drink three times a day to get relief from sinus infection.
- You can add 3 cloves garlic ground.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey and apple cider vinegar, juice of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger and a pinch of turmeric and cayenne pepper 12 ounces of filtered water.
- Drink this to get relief from sinusitis.
- Add 2 tablespoons organic honey in 1 cup of warm water.
- Mix well and drink this to get relief from sinus and its symptoms.
4. Honey with ginger
Ginger has volatile oils, gingerol, shogaols and other effective compounds to clear excess mucus to relieve congestion.
- boil a cup of water and stir in 1 teaspoon peeled, chopped ginger root.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Strain and stir in 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and raw honey.
- Drink 2 times a day.
- Boil 8 oz of water.
- 1tablespoon stir in raw honey, 1/2 of lemon juice, 1 to 2 inch piece of fresh grated ginger, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and cayenne pepper pinch of soil.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink.
5. Honey with cumin seeds
cumin seeds clear excess mucus and reduce swelling.
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds and grind into a powder.
- cumin powder mix with 1 teaspoon of raw honey.
- Consume once a day.
6. Honey with cinnamon
Cinnamon contains eugenol and cinnamaldehyde, which destroys harmful bacteria.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey warm with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- eat pasta every day to clear blocked sinuses.
7. Manuka honey
Manuka is made in New Zealand, and is widely accepted to have more health benefits than any other honey.
- Boil 1 cup of distilled water and stir in 1 teaspoon of manuka honey and ¼ teaspoon of baking soda and non-iodized sea salt.
- remove from heat and pour into sterile jar with a lid.
- Refrigerate and use the dropper to administer 8 drops in each nostril once a day.
- Also, take 1 teaspoon of Manuka honey in the morning every day.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of manuka honey in a glass of warm water.
- drink a day to get rid of the sinus infection.
8. Honey with cayenne pepper
The capsaicin in cayenne pepper, reduces inflammation, congestion and inflammation.
- Mix 2 tablespoons raw honey with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- consume pasta or stir in 1 cup of warm water and drink.
- Repeat daily
9. Honey with salt water
- Stir honey and salt in warm water.
- Pour this mixture into the Neti pot.
- Tilt your head down and this mixture is poured into one nostril and you have to get this mix of other nostril.
- Be sure to breathe with mouth.
10. Honey with pepper Black
Pepper relieves congestion and cough and thins the mucus to reduce congestion.
- Crush 1 teaspoon black and mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey.
- Stir the mixture in a cup of boiling water.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- For an added benefit, including lemon and ginger juice.
- drink regularly.
11. Honey, onion and radish
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves 6.
- Chop an onion and 8 radishes.
- In a blender, mix the garlic, onion and radishes with 1 cup each of raw honey and fresh lemon juice.
- Store mixture in the refrigerator and consume2 tablespoon per day.
- For children give 2 tablespoons of this mixture daily.
- O mix 3 tablespoons of onion juice and honey and eat twice a day.
12. Honey with basil leaves
basil dissipates excess mucus and relieve headaches and fatigue.
- Grind 12 fresh basil leaves to make a paste.
- Mix pasta with basil 2 teaspoons of raw honey.
- Eat every morning.
13. Honey with fenugreek seeds
fenugreek strengthens the immune system and reduces inflammation.
- Boil 1 cup water and stir in 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds.
- reduce heat and simmer until the water is reduced to half its original volume.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Add 1 teaspoon of raw honey and drink.
- Drink 3 times a day.
14. Honey with almonds and raisins
Almonds and raisins contain essential fatty acids that relieve the symptoms of sinus infection and vitamin E.
- Soak 7 almonds and raisins in 7 ½ cup of water overnight.
- In the morning, eat almonds and raisins.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of raw honey in the remaining water and drink.
- Repeat daily.
Tips and Precautions:
For best results, follow the instructions to use honey to treat sinus infections.
- Always use raw, organic honey, preferably from Manuka.
- honey treatments should complement medical treatments, not replace them.
- honey or organic honey could interfere with beta blockers. Do not use if you have heart disease or tuberculosis.
- Do not use treatments for sinus infections honey if you are allergic to bees.
- If you have diabetes, consult a doctor before starting treatment honey.
- to decrease the risk of allergic reaction or other irritation, use honey produced as close as possible to your home.
- No drink for about 30 minutes after taking the honey.
- If symptoms worsen, or if you have fever, consult your doctor.
The above solutions for sinus infection works best when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise. Have you tried any of these treatments? Tell us what worked best for you!