Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease that causes the airways in the lungs become inflamed and constrict, making breathing difficult. If you rely on prescription to treat sudden and severe attacks medications, you should continue to do so unless your doctor recommends otherwise. Adding honey to your daily treatment regimen will help reduce the irritating symptoms such as coughing, wheezing and chest tightness. You want to know how? Let’s take a look at some if its beneficial properties.
Honey is good for asthma?
- honey strengthens the immune system, helping to protect against the cold respiratory infections and flu, which can exacerbate asthma.
- The glucose in honey is absorbed quickly, giving you instant surge of energy and prevents fatigue during exercise.
- Honey reduces cough and congestion disappears.
- Honey contains alcohol and ethereal oil, which dissolve mucus in the throat.
- The mucous membranes headquarters to reduce coughing and wheezing.
- Because it is anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory, helps prevent asthma attacks caused by allergic reactions.
- Honey contains selenium, magnesium, manganese and other vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants that strengthen the immune system and clear obstructions of the airways in the lungs.
- Honey soothes the membranes in the bronchial tubes, and ends the mucus that accumulates inside them.
Using honey to treat asthma
Honey can be used in baking and cooking, and can be added to your favorite teas. Eat plain honey 1 teaspoon 3 times a day, and make sure that you always use a raw, organic brand. Even with smell of honey will give some of the health benefits mentioned above. Here you will find several ways to use honey to treat asthma. Try them all until you find the one that works best for you.
1. Honey and water
The hot liquid improves the removal of mucus from It reduces the bronchi and asthma.
- Heat 8 ounces of water, stir in 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Drinking tid.
2. Honey and Cinnamon
Honey and cinnamon remove phlegm from the throat, airways open, and strengthen the immune system. They also have antioxidant and anti-microbial properties that inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi in the respiratory system.
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey with ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- eat overnight before going to the bed and in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Optional :. You can add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the mixture
- Or mix in a cup of warm water and drink at night.
- Repeat regularly to treat asthma.
- Note: Use 100% pure raw honey and cinnamon
3. Honey and lemon:
lemons have vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system and has antioxidant and anti-septic properties kill bacteria and mucus.
- Extract juice form part of ½ lemon.
- Now add the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon honey and 1 cup of warm water.
- drink regularly.
- If this method does not work switch to other methods.
4. Honey and milk
- Mix 2 teaspoons of honey in a glass of warm milk or cold.
- drink regularly to get relief from asthma.
5. Honey and turmeric
- Mix 2 teaspoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- eat every day.
- also helps cure other respiratory problems.
6. Honey, fenugreek, and Ginger
This mixture detoxifies the lungs and clears mucus from the airways.
- Soak 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds in 1 cup of water overnight.
- In the morning, stir in 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon of ginger juice.
- drink it 2 times a day, morning and evening.
7. Honey and nails
- Boil 2 cups water and stir 5-6 teeth.
- reduce heat and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Drink 2 times a day, once in the morning and before going to bed to treat asthma.
8. Honey and currants
- crushing currants.
- Mix enough honey to make a paste.
- Consume this paste every day.
- You can add honey to dust currant.
9. Honey, radish and lemon
This mixture detoxifies the respiratory tract.
- Put a radish in a blender or juicer.
- Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon honey with the juice of radish.
- drink this mixture once a day.
10. Leaves honey, bitter gourd, and basil
helps clear the respiratory tract and therefore asthma.
- Crush 5 fresh basil leaves to make a paste.
- Mix with 1 teaspoon honey.
- basil and honey mix in ½ cup of bitter gourd juice.
- daily drink.
11. honey, milk, garlic and olive oil
- Crush garlic cloves 2 to extract the juice.
- Mix the garlic juice with 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients in a glass of warm milk.
- daily drink before breakfast.
12. Honey and Thyme
thyme honey and reduce inflammation.
- Simply mix thyme with honey and eat it.
- You can consume this mixture up to 10 times a day.
- But you should always be stored at room temperature.
13. Honey, asafetida, onion, and drumstick
- Combine 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon of drumstick leaf juice 1 teaspoon onion juice and ½ teaspoon asafoetida.
- have this regularly to reduce asthma.
- or mix a tablespoon of onion juice and 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
- eat 3 times a day.
14. honey, garlic, horseradish and butter
- In a skillet, melt 10 tablespoons of butter.
- stir in 7 tablespoons horseradish, 3-7 cloves garlic, minced, and 1/3 cup of honey.
- Stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Remove from heat, let cool and store in an airtight container.
- Take 1 tablespoon of this mixture before each meal.
15. Honey and orange or grape
Orange juice is particularly useful for children, because they like, and grape juice ends the mucosa.
- For children 2 tablespoons honey mixed in a glass of orange juice or grape juice and drink.
- For adults Mix honey in grape juice
16. Honey and sunflower seed powder
- Mix 1 tablespoon honey with 1/2 teaspoon of dried sunflower seed.
- Stir well and eat twice a day to get rid of asthma.
17. Honey, Black pepper, onion and juice
This mixture reduces cough and chest congestion.
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey with ¼ cup onion juice and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- eat once a day to reduce asthma.
18. honey, ginger, pepper and Black
- Mix equal amounts of honey, chopped ginger and black pepper.
- mix well to form a paste.
- I eat once a day to keep asthma under control.
19. Honey with safflower
- Mix 1 tablespoon honey with ½ teaspoon dry powder safflower seed.
- eat it twice a day to get rid of bronchial asthma.
20. Honey, red onion, lemon and sugar
- Chop 1 pound of organic red onions.
- Put ¼ cup sugar in a saucepan and place over low heat.
- Stir constantly until melted.
- Add the red onions.
- Add 6 cups water and boil until reduced to 1/3 of its original volume.
- Turn off heat and let cool.
- stir in 7 tablespoons of honey and the juice of 2 lemons.
- Pour into a container and store all night without disturbing.
- Adults should take 1 teaspoon before meals; children should take 1 teaspoon before meals.
- consumed regularly to get rid of asthma
21. Honey and apple cider vinegar
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and a pinch of cayenne pepper or cinnamon.
- Eating before bed every night.
- eat regularly to get relief from asthma.
22. Honey, ginger and lemon
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- Add 1 tablespoon grated ginger, 1 clove minced garlic and 1 lemon juice.
- reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 25 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey.
- daily drink for immediate relief of cough associated with asthma.
Manuka honey for Asthma:
Manuka honey comes from the manuka bush found in New Zealand. This single-flower honey strengthens the immune system, and contains amino acids, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants that maintain healthy respiratory system. It is also osmotic, meaning that prevents excess fluid intake that clog the airways. Manuka honey is unique because it contains hydrogen peroxide, which fights bacteria that cause respiratory infections and diseases. Take a teaspoon of Manuka honey twice a day has been shown to reduce the frequency of asthma attacks.
The best types of honey for treatment of asthma
Always use raw, organic honey for asthma treatments. Manuka honey is preferred, but if available, look dark honey plants such as buckwheat. dark honey contains more antioxidants than light honey, and contains phenolic compounds and flavonoids that soothe the airways and relieve congestion, preventing future asthma attacks. If you can not find a dark honey, honey light will also work. Be sure to get a local brand, you should be able to find in almost any grocery store or farmer’s market.
Tips and Precautions:
- Do not give honey to babies under 3 years old.
- If you are allergic to pollen, honey can trigger allergic symptoms.
- consult a doctor before using honey as a treatment for asthma.
- The fructose in honey can interfere with diabetes medications.
- use honey as a substitute for refined sugar.
- not stop taking your regular asthma medications. Honey is a complementary treatment.
- If symptoms persist or worsen, call your doctor immediately.
Have you tried any of these methods to treat asthma with honey? Tell us what worked best for you.