Arthritis is pain experienced in the joints , including the knees, fingers, elbows, wrists and shoulders. The area of pain often swelled, could become sensitive and restrict movement. Arthritis makes it difficult to move as joint muscles swell causing stiffness, swelling and pain.
arthritis is basically four types namely, osteoarthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. There are several medications for arthritis worktop available on the market, but most of them are packages of chemicals. natural home remedies can help minimize the problem. Ginger has proven effective in reducing pain, inflammation, pain and discomfort caused by arthritis.
Can ginger helps relieve arthritis?
The brown aromatic spice fragrance has been widely used for centuries in the preparation of various medicines. With immense health benefits, ginger proves to be a powerful home remedy to cure various health ailments such as arthritis.
- Ginger root is loaded with several anti-inflammatory phytonutrients known as gingeroles that help fight inflammation and arthritis.
- The essential aromatic oils and nutrients in ginger relieves arthritis pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Studies show that the daily intake of the recommended amount of ginger helps reduce arthritis.
- Ginger oil when applied on the affected arthritis can help relieve the pain area.
How to use ginger for arthritis?
Method 1 – Fresh ginger
- Peel and crush fresh ginger root.
- Take half teaspoon fresh ginger this every day to get relief from arthritis pain.
Method 2 – Fresh ginger juice and honey raw
- Add ½ teaspoon of raw honey ½ teaspoon fresh ginger juice.
- What’s the mix every day to improve the immune system and reduce arthritis joint pain.
Method 3 – Fresh ginger for recipes
- Another way to include ginger in your regular diet is to make recipes with chopped fresh ginger . the taste of a dish is enhanced, adds to health benefits and helps fight arthritis.
- vegetables cooked with chopped fresh ginger are a great way to include this spice in daily food. Toss with vegetables chopped fresh ginger and cook until al dente to retain essential nutrients ginger and vegetables.
- Ginger can also be added to dishes to make soups, cookies, breads and sweets.
Method 4 – ginger powder
- Add ginger powder 1 teaspoon in a cup of water and mix with a spoon.
- drink this water once a day to reduce joint pain.
- continue taking the mixture for a couple of days to relieve arthritis pain.
Method 5 – fresh ginger tea
- Pour 1 ½ cup water in a saucepan
- Add 1 inch fresh ginger root or less crushed
- Bring the water to a boil and reduce heat
- Add 1 teaspoon of tea leaves and simmer for two minutes
- disconnect the gas, cover the pan with a lid and let stand for 1 minute
- tea Strain ginger in a cup and add 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- Drinking this healthy tea every day for reduce swelling and pain of arthritis
- do not dispose of used tea leaves after tea. Instead apply as when still hot pack on the affected area of arthritis to reduce swelling and pain
Note : You can skip adding tea leaves and simply let minced fresh ginger boil with water for several minutes. Drink the decoction of warm ginger every day to improve blood circulation in the body, keep the body warm, and fight the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis
Method 6 – ginger and cinnamon tea
- to make ginger tea and cinnamon tea process follows the ginger and add the cinnamon stick 1 inch while adding ginger to the water in a saucepan.
- Both ginger and cinnamon helps fight problems related to arthritis.
Method 7 – Drink ginger
- In a glass of water, add 1 inch fresh ginger crushed.
- Squeeze juice of half lemon in it and add a teaspoon of black salt.
- Fill with crushed ice and serve cold.
- This refreshing drink makes you feel fresh and also help in reducing arthritis.
Method 8 – oil massage ginger
- Mix 2 to 3 drops of oil pure ginger 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil extra hot.
- Make sure the oil is hot comfortable enough to massage.
- Apply oil arthritis in the affected area and massage with gentle movements to relieve pain and swelling.
- followed up with a hot fomentation for the most effective result.
Method 9 – ginger homemade oil infusion
- Heat 1 cup extra virgin olive oil until warm to the touch .
- Bring the oil to room temperature and poured into a jar clean, dry glass.
- Peel a piece of ginger 5 inches and washed with water to remove any dirt.
- remove excess moisture from the piece of ginger with a kitchen towel.
- Cut the ginger into thin slices and add to the oil in the glass jar.
- Give a stir with a clean, dry spoon and close the jar lid tightly.
- Keep the bottle in a cool, dark place for about four to five weeks to infuse the ginger pieces with oil.
- shake the bottle each day to ensure that the natural juices and ginger infused in oil.
- After infusion, discard the pieces of ginger oil.
- Use massage oil to relieve arthritis pain.
- not too hot the necessary amount of oil before using for massage.
Method 10 – Ginger and salt soak
- Add 2 liters of water in a saucepan and add 5 inches ginger root chopped fresh.
- Bring the water to simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour water into the tub and add plain water to the ginger water a comfortable temperature for soaking.
- Add a tablespoon of salt.
- Soak your hands and feet in warm water for 20 minutes to improve blood circulation in the body and relieve the pain of arthritis.
Note: You can add 10 to 12 drops of ginger oil well in warm water instead of boiling water separately with fresh ginger to extract its properties
Method 11 -ginger oil and turmeric
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil homemade ginger and mixed powder ½ teaspoon turmeric organic.
- While the oil is sill a pleasant temperature, applied to the affected area arthritis pain and massage gently.
- Follow up with a hot compress.
- Follow the procedure twice a day to relieve inflammation and pain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil so they are temperate.
- Add 1 drop of ginger oil and turmeric powder ½ teaspoon pure organic to it.
- Mix well and apply oil on the affected area.
- massage gently for a few minutes and follow with a hot compress.
- Repeat twice a day.
- Note: The use of turmeric in everyday cooking. Curcumin, a powerful compound in turmeric helps reduce arthritis inflammation, pain and stiffness
Method 12 – Ginger oil and mustard oil
- Add 2 drops of ginger oil to a tablespoon of warm mustard oil.
- Massaging the affected area of arthritis with the oil and use a hot compress to reduce swelling and pain area.
- Follow the procedure twice a day.
- Note: Use mustard oil for cooking. The oil contains omega-3, magnesium and selenium helps relieve arthritis pain
Method 13 – compress ginger tea
- Prepare ginger tea or ginger cinnamon tea as mentioned above.
- Do not add honey.
- When the mixture is still comfortably warm, wet a soft cotton cloth in it and drain excess liquid.
- Fold the cloth and place on the painful part.
- repeat the process several times.
- can also evenly spread sheets hot tea decoction on the painful area and then place the cloth.
- warm coat tea leaves help relieve pain
Method 14 – ginger ointment oil
- Mix 2 drops of ginger oil for 1 tablespoon olive oil in a heatproof bowl.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon beeswax to it and mix.
- Place the container in a pan with some water.
- Heat the water slowly to melt the wax.
- Pour the oil into a small bottle and allow to set.
- Place a tight lid and use the ointment when necessary on the affected area of arthritis.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon beeswax 1 tablespoon ginger homemade oil infusion
- Follow the above procedure to melt the wax and pour the oil in a bottle set
- Replace the cap and store the ointment in a cool place
- Apply the ointment to the painful area and gently massage for relief
Method 15 – liniment ginger
- Take 4 tablespoons ginger into thin slices in a glass jar and pour rubbing enough to cover the pieces of ginger alcohol.
- Place the lid on the jar and store in a cool, dark place for about 4 weeks shaking the bottle every two days.
- Discard the ginger pieces and apply the liquid to the painful area as when necessary to reduce arthritis.
Tips and precautions
- The use of pure fresh ginger and ginger oil for best results.
- Click torpor withless ginger to let your body adjust to it.
- During use hot ginger oil for massage remember to check the oil is comfortably warm before applying to the skin to avoid burns.
- Be careful to massage the painful area gently with the right moves for relief.
- If you are planning for surgery then consult your doctor before taking ginger orally as a home remedy for arthritis as ginger interferes with the effect of anticoagulants.
- Ginger should not take more than 4 grams per day.
The above methods if followed with proper diet and exercise help reduce arthritis. Which of the above solutions have tried? If you know more home remedies for arthritis with ginger then share them with us here.