The sun’s UV rays can cause some serious damage to skin if exposed for a long period of time. Some of the symptoms include redness, irritation and inflammation of the skin, dry, hot and itchy red skin, pain, rashes, scars, wrinkles, blistering or peeling of the skin.
artificial creams and lotions for sunburn with chemicals increase the chances of skin irritation. Natural remedies best coconut oil and sunburn work demonstrates an effective home remedy without side effects. It is often a main ingredient in many cosmetic products that helps prevent swelling, redness and itching.
Is coconut oil good for treating sunburn?
Here are some properties that explain how it is good for sunburn.
- Coconut oil is saturated fat, lauric fatty acids and other fatty acids Combinatorial only cure sunburned skin and relieves inflammation.
- Reduces discomfort caused by excessive dryness and peeling skin.
- nourishes the skin and moisturizes dehydrated.
- Calma burned skin and tightens to prevent damage such as wrinkles, lasting tan, skin darkening, etc.
- is rich in vitamin D and E, protein and other nutrients that are essential for the skin.
- fatty acids have small and medium chain that allow the skin to absorb easily.
- is rich in anti -. Oxidants that scavenge free radicals and cools your sunburn
- has anti – fungal and anti -. Bacterial properties that regenerates the skin
How to use coconut oil to burn
1. coconut oil
- Apply sufficient quantity of pure coconut oil on sunburn.
- massage gently for a few minutes and leave overnight or just leave unwashed.
- Or you can mix 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil with 1 cup coconut oil and apply this mixture on the sunburn.
- Or you can also mix a few drops of fresh lemon juice with coconut oil before applying.
- Or simply massaging the pure coconut oil daily to the skin before taking a bath.
- Follow these processes regularly.
2. Coconut oil with Aloe Vera and Lavender Oil
This mixture acts as a sunscreen which reduces sunburn and prevents symptoms.
- Mix a few drops of lavender oil and aloe vera gel 1/4 cup organic coconut oil.
- Apply this on the sunburn and gently massage.
- Let stand a few minutes to dry.
- Apply this mixture regularly.
3. Coconut oil with castor oil and essential oils
castor oil repairs and rejuvenates the skin from damage from excessive exposure to the sun. oil acts as coconut oil that gently soothes the skin from sunburn painful healing, cracking, blistering and peeling. Essential oils nourish the skin and aloe vera soothes the skin.
- Mix 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, 1/4 cup each of castor oil, liquid pure aloe vera and apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons oil vitamin E and 3 to 10 drops of these oils (neem oil, oil tea tree oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, bergamot oil, tamanu oil, grapeseed rose, rose seed oil hip or rosemary oil) in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture into the oil sunburn.
- Gently massage and then leave for a few minutes to dry.
- wash with water and pat the skin gently with a soft cloth.
- . Note: Do not use ACV if your skin is broken
- If your skin is very sunburned, then you have to cool it by applying a stroke cold compress before applying this mixture of oil to avoid increased heat in the skin.
- Or you can simply apply a mixture of oil burn by stirring coconut oil 1 part castor oil to 2 parts.
4. Coconut oil with essential oil
The essential oils like chamomile or lavender oil also help soften the skin to reduce irritation and flaking caused by sunburn.
- Mix 20 drops of chamomile or lavender essential oil and 4 ounces of fractionated coconut oil.
- Apply this on the sunburned and massage gently for a few minutes.
- wipe with clean cloth.
- . Note: Do not use this on the day he received sunburn
- Mix 1/4 cup oil coconut oil, 6 drops of each of rosehip oil and peppermint oil and 5 drops of lavender oil in a tub of cold water.
- soak for about 30 minutes to get relief from sunburn.
5. DIY coconut oil sunscreen
can easily use this as sunscreen.
- Melt 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil and 1 tablespoon organic shea butter.
- Add 1 tablespoon organic avocado oil, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and organic aloe vera gel and 30 drops of carrot seed oil and mix.
- Pour into a glass jar and let cool.
- Apply this mixture as a sunscreen regularly.
6. Coconut oil for sunburned lips
- Apply virgin coconut oil cold pressed lips burned by the Sun.
- massage gently for a minute or two fingers.
- Leave and repeat regularly.
7. Coconut oil for Itch burn
This combinational process reduces pain, irritation and inflammation in the skin.
- Mix 2 -. 4 drops of tea tree oil with 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Apply sunburn and gently massage for 1-2 minutes.
- After a few minutes, rinse with water and apply aloe vera gel.
8. Coconut oil with apple cider vinegar
This combinatorial method helps heal the burn.
This process acts as a sunscreen and therefore cure rapidly damaged skin.
- Mix 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and 1 cup water.
- put in a spray bottle and spray on sunburn.
- leave to dry then apply the pure organic coconut oil.
- dip a cloth in cold water and drain.
- splash some vinegar organic apple cider in the damp cloth and sole in sunburn.
- Leave for a few minutes and then apply the virgin coconut oil and a few drops of lavender oil or peppermint.
- Leave this on overnight if possible.
9. Spray Homemade coconut oil Sunburn
aloe vera and coconut oil helps rehydrate peppermint oil relieves skin and lavender oil calms inflammation and pain, irritation and discomfort caused by it.
- Melt 1/8 cup fractionated coconut oil and 1/2 cup of pure liquid aloe vera juice in a jar over hot water.
- When combined, add 10 drops each of mint and lavender essential oils.
- is poured into a spray bottle and use when necessary.
10. Coconut oil with honey, oil of sea buckthorn and Aloe Vera Gel
Honey is very effective in healing burns with its soothing and moisturizing properties and buckthorn it helps reduce swelling, pain and promotes cell growth.
- Heat 1 teaspoon beeswax.
- When it is about to melt, add 1/4 cup coconut oil unrefined, organic.
- When both are melted, add 1/4 cup raw honey (manuka honey prefer) and 1 tablespoon of sea buckthorn oil.
- Shake for 30 seconds and then remove from heat.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of aloe vera gel or rosewater and pour into a bowl.
- Allow to sit overnight to cool and then apply on the sunburn.
- Or you can mix 1/4 cup coconut oil unrefined 1 heaping tablespoon each of honey and Manuka seed oil buckthorn and apply this to sunburn.
- Alternatively you can mix 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil (in liquid form), 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of raw honey and aloe vera gel and apply this to sunburn
11. coconut oil with sandalwood package
- Mix 4 teaspoons of sandalwood powder 2 tablespoons almond oil and 5 tablespoons of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Apply this on your face like a mask and leave for a few minutes to dry completely.
- wash with tap water and dry skin.
- Mix equal quantities of sandalwood powder and turmeric powder, enough organic coconut oil to make a thin paste .
- Apply this paste on the sunburned areas and wash with cold water after 15 -. 20 minutes
12. Coconut oil with camphor
- mixture of camphor in coconut oil and stir well until the mixture camphor .
- Apply sunburn and leave for a few minutes before washing with water.
- make this process regularly.
Tips and Precautions:
Follow these tips and precautions for best results.
- use pure oil and organic coconut is recommended.
- Do not use remedies coconut oil on the affected day because it traps heat inside the skin and makes it difficult to cure. Wait until a day after receiving sunburn before using these remedies.
- Including organic coconut oil in your daily diet can also help.
- drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- Always remember to do a patch test before trying any of the home remedies above.
- is best to apply this virgin coconut oil after taking a shower.
- Coconut oil can be used as sunscreen (SPF 5-10).
- consult your doctor if the burn is severe or these remedies do not provide relief.
If you know any other coconut oil resource, please share your experience with us.